Bob Evans restaurants / unhappy about the new kind of chicken salad

Sunday July, 20th we had dinner at BobEvans restaurant on Glenway #342. Everything was great except my chicken salad sandwich. It was not the regular chicken that I have been having there for the last few years.

I have been eating your chicken salad or chicken salad plate for a long time.

What I received was nothing like I expected. It was very juicy and had other items in it that were not there before. There were tiny pieces of something green [maybe pickle relish] and also something red.

It had little or no taste at all. Please let me know if this is what you will be serving.

If all possible change back to the old chicken salad. I know I will not order it any more if it doesn't change back to what you usually serve.

Thanks for listening to me.

Va

Comments

• Fr
      29th of Apr, 2010

Bob Evans provides a survey code which is supposed to enter the customer a chance to win $5, 000. However, when entering the indicated web site - www.bobevans.com/sweepstakes - the customer is given a whole list of sweepstakes sites that do not have anything to do with the $5, ooo chance to win. There is no place to enter the survey code on any of these sites. Therefore one can only conclude that the opportunity to enter the bobevans sweepstakes is not available. If the opportunity is not available, Bob Evans should stop indicating on their receipts that the opportunity exists, when, in fact, it doesn't.

• Ra
      7th of May, 2010

I to tried to enter the sweepstake. It also took me to other sites. What is up with that? Stop putting it on receipts if you cant enter.
    Debary, fl

9th of May, 2010

I also have also attempted to enter the sweepstakes without success. The server was so adament about entering and even circled the number. I even tried both upper and lower case. How about an answer? jankor

• Di
      25th of Oct, 2010
    Bob Evans Restaurants - A worker was eyeballing a customer and talking sexually about that customer
    Bob Evans Restaurants

Everything about our visit to Sidney Bob Evans was fantastic up until two young men sat down at a table beside ours. Unfortunally thats when my wife and I heard such perversion that we decided to get boxes and finish eating at home. Dont get me wrong having fun at work is one thing however some of the conversation we heard was beyond respectfull. This waiter loudly suggested licking the butt until it puckered up, and sucking the young mans balls (the other customer). These are just a few of the comments made. The rest were just as bad or worse, I thought Bob Evans was a family restuarant.

• Po
      2nd of Mar, 2011
    Bob Evans Restaurants - 55+ Over Menu is a rip-off
    Bob Evans Restaurants

If you're 55 and over and think the seniors menu is a good deal, think again. The lower price is because you get less food -- not a discount!

When I ordered the open-face beef sandwich, it didn't come with a 2nd side - just the mashed potatoes & gravy. The waiter must have noticed my disappointment so he offered to include the baby carrots that was going to order as a 2nd side, until I found out they weren't included on the seniors meal. He said he'd give them to me anyway. I thought that was quite nice of him...until I received the bill. Instead of being charged $7.29, $9.29 was the amount on the bill. When I questioned it, he said that was because I order the carrots as a 2nd side, put the ticket back on the table and walked away. There have been times we've gone to Bob Evans and the manager gave us complimentary food, so I thought that's what the waiter was offering (carrots at no extra charge). Live & learn! Always ask for clarification ahead of time!

• Wt
      18th of Jul, 2014

My favorite meal used to be your chicken salad plate but it no longer tastes the same so I don't get it anymore. I used to brag about it to people but not anymore. Please go back to the good stuff. I think for the price you can afford it. Mr. Bob Evans would not be happy! Wt