BMW - Mini Waterloo / customer service

527 King Street NorthWaterloo, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (519) 747-0269

November 2008 - I would like to share with you the terrible experience I had with BMW Waterloo. In April of 2008 we purchased a brand new Mini Coopr S and we are in love with our car. We went to purchase new winter tires to make sure we and our car are safe through the winter. Our experience with BMW - Mini Waterloo was terrible.

We started by requesting a price quote for the tires as well as the specs of the tires for our car so we could price shop a bit. We were told only one kind of tire was recommended for the Mini and we received a quote for 16" tires (our car has 17"). The price was high so we decided we would shop around. The service person also did not include all the details we asked for. When we pointed out we have a Mini Cooper S with 17" he had to go back and get a new quote. Two WEEKS later he got back to us with a new quote, obviously even higher for the bigger tire, and still did not include all the information we had repeated asked for.

A few weeks later we received an email from a very ambitious sales person about winter tires. This email was about a different brand of tire (so all of a sudden we can use a different brand??) that was on 'sale'. No sales or anything were mentioned in our orginal conversations. So at this point we have received incomplete, inaccurate, and overpriced information.

Our experience got worse; who would have thought it could have! When we attempted to book the appointment to have the tires put on the booking agent was ignorant to our needs (warm transfer anyone?) and rude to us. By this point I had had it and asked to speak with the service manager. I was not allowed to speak with the service manager! I was not even told (s)he was busy and would contact me back - nothing! I told them we would not be going ahead with the winter tires, but they have still charged my credit card!

We will not be dealing with a car dealership that does not know its own product, customers, or how to deal with customers. We would recommend you avoid this dealership as well. It is too bad, the Mini is a great car.
Ra

Comments

Vi
  22nd of Nov, 2008
You should run a smaller diameter wheel with a more narrow, higher profile tire in the winter - so 16-inch wheels and tires would be the right choice.
Jg
  26th of Jan, 2010
I agree, BMW Waterloo is a horrible place. I recently purchased a vehicle there and the salesman was arrogant, rude and pushy. I told him I wanted to wait on to make a decision on purchasing the vehicle and he held the keys to my car that I currently had and told me he would not let me go until I did the deal.

Could not believe it, I hope they go out of business.

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG Logo BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG