Bluegreen Resorts / 5 day cooling off

My family went to a timeshare meeting at Christmas Mtn in Wisc Dells. Everything sounded great, we bought a 10, 000 point package, but after we got back to the hotel room, something just bothered me all night about getting excited and signing without even thinking about our decision. I, like many others, checked online and looked at some of the reviews, which were mostly negative. We decided to send a certified and registered letter (we sent both, just in case) stating we want to cancel our contract and wanted a refund 2 days later.

I have to admit I was very nervous during the next couple of weeks waiting for a response. I did call a contract attorney just in case. I called them 10 days after I sent the letter and they were actually very nice, stating they had received my letter and had processed the refund. I received it a week later, with no problems.

Today my husband answered a call from Christmas Mtn. asking why we changed our minds (we did this at the end of July, by the way), he told them the truth and again they were very nice.

Just thought I would post this because I could never find anyone who had received a refund, only people who had cancelled their contract.

Comments

• Co
      1st of Jul, 2013

Glad to hear this. We just went through their sales pitch. It all sounded great the way they portrayed it. So we signed on for a smaller package and then got home and did some research. We were terrified with what we found. I immediately sent a letter cretified mail to cancel. I then read reviews of people who had trouble cancelling. I have then wrote a second letter that I had notarized and sent certified mail. This was all done well within our 10 grace period as outlined in our contract. I am now waiting to see my fate with this company that I have read so many terrible things about. I have never seen a company with so many unsatisfied costumers. I think the Nazi's got better reviews.

• Lm
      26th of Jan, 2014

I signed up for 9000 points while on vacation in Aruba. Later decided this wasn't something I should rush into while on vacation. I wrote the letter and returned the packaged to them in person and they immediately refunded my money. They were very nice about it. It just didn't feel right to buy it.

• Wo
      29th of Jun, 2015

Thanks just brought a timeshare and wondering if we should cancel. Too many bad reviews and scared it will just get worst.