Complaints & Reviews

broke the law

After spending 5 hours with the sales lady and her boss, we bought. They just would not take no for an anwer. I was promised everything you can think of, even to call 48 hrs in advance and could get in The Fountains at anytime with no blackout dates. This even meant July 4th, New Years, etc. I am self-employed and only take long weekend vacations. Never do I take a week or two. Usually Thursday thru Sunday. I have tried on 5 occasions to book something and was actually laughed at. The lady said I would have to call at least 11 months in advance just to get into The Fountains. I got an invitation to go to Branson for a free weekend. They actually just wanted to sell me more points. While with the sales lady, I mentioned that I had forgotten my Kahlua for my coffee. She immediately said she could not do anything else with me. What I found out is "No BlueGreen employee is to accept a signature on a binding contract if they have knowledge of client drinking alcohol". They broke the law in Florida, as they knew I was drinking Kahlua the day I purchased as well. I have filed complaints everywhere. Now at the Attorney General in Oklahoma. Have not gotten anything done. All the Government Agencies are a big joke. Looking for an attorney that can help me if this doesn't work. If anyone has any information that can help, please contact me at wildwild.[protected]@cox.net
Thanks

sales tactics

My Husband and I traveled with our family to Orlando and were "sold" on a free vacation to Disney World. Boy...

hassle

bought into a vacation point club that is difficult to use, impossible to unload and has fees that are outrageous. bought it in 2008 and have yet to use it. just wrote another check for fees but realize this is a never ending bill. i would like to just opt out and cut my losses but am afraid of the possible damage to my credit report. any ideas anyone?

Shirley821 Jan 28, 2010

I can sympathize with you. They sold us a bill of goods in Dec 2003. They are the only bad mark on an otherwise perfect credit report. I am so looking forward to getting them off my report at the end of this year. I am just amazed that they are still in business and that the govt. hasn't investigated their false claims. If I had to do it over I would have recorded all their promises on tape and then I would have sued the socks off them.

shu Apr 15, 2010

Bluegreen will tell you you'll get lots of wonderful vacations at lots of wonderful resorts then, after they've got you roped in tell you "We're sorry...you signed the contract and initialed on line so and so that you understand its all SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY"

Liars and Thieves. There is a special place in hell for these septic dwellers.

• Ro
    Roni066 Aug 22, 2010

Contact the SC Attorney General's office. Find out how many people are experiencing the same problem you are and file a class action lawsuit against them because the last thing you want to do is ruin your credit.

• Je
    Jeff elk river Sep 26, 2010

We too fell for the great vacation get-aways, I am still shocked they can get away with this. If anyone is looking into this STOP STOP STOP. You will regret this decision for many years to come. This is a never ending billing scheme, What you pay every year in dues and maintenece fees is boarder line criminal. You could stay in a very nice resort for a week for this kind of money. If you do fall victim to this good luck getting the reservation you want when you want it. I can't even give this piece a crap away. You would think once you paid the property off you could just give it back to them to resale, no way, they will never let you out of this scam. They collect over a thousand dollars a year from me in dues. I have used this thing twice in ten years. If you are thinking about doing this remember it is for life. I wish i knew how to get out of this without damaging my perfect credit.

• Lb
    Lbtrouble Apr 25, 2011

Is anyone from Jacksonville, FL? I have the same complaints and want to talk with other people from Florida.

• Mr
    Mrs. D. Wright May 28, 2011

We too are Bluegreen "victims". Being senior citizens it became too costly for us to keep paying for "nothing available". We stopped paying since we didn't have all the extra money anymore being on social security. Upon viewing are always "perfect" credit report, we find that that Bluegreen listed us as being "foreclosed on". No lawyer, no letter, no real deed, just points. How can they "foreclose"? Just hope the next 7 years go by fast so we can again have a perfect credit report. Oh, one important thing -- Bluegreen has an "F" rating with the Central Florida BBB! How they continue to get away with this, I don't know.

rip off artists

We joined Bluegreen while subjected to the immense sales pressures... they are so good at that.

We joined a trial membership called a sampler package. This package cost us $90.00 per month for 1 year.
Now when you go to use the points you have enough for approximately two weekend stays...figure it out...that is about $500. per stay...what were we thinking???
Anyway, we figured we better use it. So we booked a weekend in Gatlinburg TN. Living space was small as were the beds. My wheel chair barely fit through the hall in teh room.

We were told we had to go through another sales meeting with them at our first stay...I guess so that we can get pressured some more...no problem.

That night it snowed...alot. We were ok as we really were not driving anywhere. Our meeting was set for Sunday morning. Sunday morning we had more snow and ice. We thought it best to head home as we had to drive through the Smokey mountain park and feared worse driving conditions.

We did the right thing by calling the front desk to let them know we would be checking out early (due to weather) she said she understood and would inform them of us not attending.

A few days later I get a debit in my checking account (the same account set for our $90.00 monthly payments) The debit was for $150.00. I called the resort immediately only for them to say they did not charge it, to call Bluegereen. In calling Bluegreen I got a run around for weeks...from 12/17 to today, 12/30.
Finally today, some rude manager told me my contract states we are responsible and they would not refund it. He said the resort was opened so we needed to attend...regardless of what kind of hazardous driving conditions existed.

I have since put a stop on the auto debit...I'm sure they will try to collect...but they did not care about our welfare, I don't care about theirs.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY...you will regret it as we are now doing.

John carl Mar 19, 2010

I had a sampler before purchasing and all was by the book and great. It makes no sense that you were charged more for checking out early. The $90 payment is a fixed number for ten months. You probably got your info wrong. You most likely didn't recieve incentive for not going to presentation which is only fair since you did not go! Regardless of reason. My neighbor always complains of sales people and the whole process at the presentations. I tell him. If you know you don't like it. Why the hell do you go back and do them year after year??? I asked him.. Are you that big of a moocher??? We've been nieghbor for a long time so I can tell him these things

John carl Mar 19, 2010

BLUE GREEN IS AWSOME! Thanks for fantastic vacations and quality customer service!!! I'll point out the good stuff rather than the few negative poor spirited people who only know howvto complain to get a freebie

shu Apr 12, 2010

John Carl is full of CRAP!
    If you are retired, and have all the time in the world to go to a resort at a crappy time of the year, or at the last minute then yes, absolutly you'd be happy. These ### pray on hard working middle class WORKING!!! families by selling "FLEXIBILITY, AVAILABILTY, AFFORDABILITY". They know for a fact it doesn't work that way. YET, they lie their A$$es off just to get that commission check. These ### are bottom feeding puss trolls.
    Bluegreen will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract. Anyone who gets on here and cries about "Well you should have read your contract" is one of those parasites trying to distract anyone reading this thread from the trust. Bluegreen is nothing more than a nest of thieves and liars.
    One last thing...John Carl, If you are so pleased with Bluegreen...why in the hell are you at complaintsboard.com posting???? Suspect John Carl...very suspect.

no notice &past due&

We joined Bluegreen in the spring of 2005 or 2006 and have always paid our annual dues in May. This past week, we got a no-notice bill stating we owe them a much higher maintenance fee than usual, real estate tax, and a finance charge and late fee based on the first two items plus the ARDA, which is supposed to be voluntary. We never received the original (November) bill for these fees, and Bluegreen did not bother to check with us, although we have always paid on time previously. We have therefore told Bluegreen and Illinois' Attorney General that we consider the additional charges fraudulent and that we will not pay anything beyond our bill. In addition, since our payments are due in May, why are they demanding payment now?

We also were lied to about Bluegreen having resorts in our state. When we purchased our "weekend" points, we told them clearly and specifically that we wanted only the number of points we would need to take a "weekend" trip in Chicago's northern suburbs. Instead, when we wanted to use our points this year, they told us they only had the same resorts as Silverleaf, which is extremely limited in its offerings and definitely does not include the Chicago area.

We want out! Please let us know how to accomplish this with the best financial result possible for our family.

unhappy customers

My husband and I have owned for about 5 years now and it doesn't seem like we will ever get out of this. Bluegreen sales reps are all liers. We have tried for over a year with two different companies to sell and have not had any luck. They are good at making promises but when it comes down to backing up their words, they are useless. You can't sell it, rent it out or get what you want when you want it. This company is a big rip off. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It seems to me that they could try to help people who want to get out even at a loss rather than try to keep selling more and *** off more and more people. What a rip off!

• Di
    ding Dec 23, 2009

Thanks for this advice. My wife & I were at bluegreen presentation couple of weeks back. They tried too hard to sell it. They said so confidently that they can simply buy back from us whenever we want to sell it. And they projected it like we will be stupid if we did not buy it! They were talking like we will save so much on vacation, they can buy back any time, they will give so much free weeks, free or major discounts on airfare & rental car and so on... We almost bought it. We paid the down payment and signed few pages of the agreement. Then fortunately we realized only my name is there in the agreement and my wife name is missing. When we asked, they said her SSN is required and she did not have it handy. Since I was insisting on putting her name on the deed, they finally agreed to add her to the agreement and asked me to call them with the SSN number as soon as we reached home. Fortunately we did some research on the internet as soon as we came home. We realized they will never buy back and it is all lie. We realized how difficult to get a vacancy when we need it. And we realized this is no way saving money, it is all about spending more. We are very happy that we cancelled it and today we received the refund of down payment amount. Thanks to the internet and all of you for giving the right advice.

I am feeling like standing in front of bluegreen preview center and tell everyone comes out with the welcome bag to cancel it immediately and show them the printout of these complaints/comments from internet to everyone to educate them.

• Ti
    tirakotchi Apr 10, 2010

Platinum member for over 2 years and bluegreen member for over 15 years. No complaints!

shu Apr 28, 2010

tirakotchi = Bluegreen Sales parasite.

Why would you bother coming to this site, and then posting if you were so happy with Bluegreen?

You wouldn't. These people are ticks...parasites that latch onto you and suck you dry.

shu May 24, 2010

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
    Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.
    Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor].

• Na
    Nancy Chafin Dec 27, 2014

We bought into the lies of Blue Green. After purchasing we realized they told us so many lies. I wrote the Attorney General of Fl and nothing in return. I am ready to find a gang of unhappy customers and file a suit. The lies are unbelievable and they drain your bank account. I want out. NOT sure how that will happen but I am believing God will get me out of this mess! I do believe He is the only answer!!

non - compliance

I tto bought theidea of a great vacation club. I stayed at the Falls Village Inn in Branson 2 times.The first time I complained because they were building new buildings behind the place we were staying. The workers started at 5 am. The manager said there was nothing he could do. I told them if I was making noise at 2 in the morning I bet I would be told to be quiet or leave. still nothing.
The 2nd time we stayed we booked a big room with balconey and full kitchen. When we got there we got one of the smaller rooms. I went to complain and they said they were all booked up no rooms availible at all. The room next to us was unoccupied the whole time. It was the kind we wanted as well. I supposedly own at Big Ceder but I can never get in there. I got a sampler package and found out later I paid for a regular paskage and they treduced the points just for me wasn't that nice of them.

resale

Went to a presantation, bluegreen said we would get more if we bought from them, , charter bonus time, payed dues, ect, , we bought, , , then we got home and found some resales out there, , pinnacle and timeshare resale, they said we would get all the same things that the company would get so we cancelled our ownership with bluegreen we bought, and bought from a second source, , , 6 months later still no title or papers, , no deed, , no charter, , no bonus time, ect, we should have kept our purchase with bluegreen, , now we are stuck with nothing, , lost our money to, , had to pay cash with the other guys, , , so my advice only buy from the bluegreen company, , , , sighned RESALE RIP OFF

resale

thank goodness we didn't buy!

Thank Goodness for Websites like this and all of you folks who took time to share your experiences about Blue Green Resorts. My husband and I went to one of their presentations yesterday in Las Vegas. And yes, when we first got there everyone was dripping with sweetness and "sincerity". We watched their show, saw all the beautiful pictures of the different resorts and were told we could go anywhere...anytime. It looked and sounded so good, we almost caved in and signed on the dotted line. But, having been "burnt before" by slick salespeople, we said we wanted to go home and think about it. Then came the HARD SELL. "You HAVE to sign up NOW or you'll never get another chance". We asked for material to take home and look over.. again "NO YOU CAN'T"
That set off the red flags. We got out of there as fast as we could. Now that I've read all the comments on this site, thank goodness we did. A truly honest company will always give you time to consider your decision to buy or not buy their product. So, if anyone tells you "You have to sign up NOW"... run like the devil because it IS the devil that's chasing you for your money.
chris

staff

STAFF LIED TO US AND TRICKED US IN TO LOOKING AT RESORT. WHEN WE GOT THERE THEY TOLD US WE COULD'NT LOOK AT THEM BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE A MAJOR CREDIT CARD THEN GIVE US A HAND WRITTEN CHECK THAT WE COULDN'T GET CASH WHY WE WERE THERE IN PIGEON FORGE BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS. WE GIVE CASH AS A DEPOIST WE FEEL THEY SHOULD GAVE US OUR CASH BACK TO US .THEY TALK TO US LIKE WE COULD NOT AFFORD SOMETHING LIKE THAT, BUT THERE ARE SO WRONG .

awful customer service

We reserved a weekend with Bluegreen in Pigeon Forge Tn. and when we arrived the resort ( Laurel Crest) the room was nasty, stunk, and there was drunks everywhere being loud and crude. We complained to the welcome center where we had to check in and they attempted to put us in another hotel that was 50 years old and even nastier. We couldn't stand the smell and filth, and it was already 9:30 at night, so we cancelled our vacation and went back home. Bluegreen refused to refund any of our money. Waisted trip to Pigeon Forge, ruined vacation, and all thanks to this company called Bluegreen. They definitely need training in customer service.

• Derrick Nov 24, 2009

I had a timeshare with Bluegreen, I sold it, I lost a lot of money, but I gained money
    I bought my timeshare when it was owned by Airtours, it was fine until Bluegtreen bought it and everything went up
    So now I use hotels, its very good, I book my hotel, I pay for it, I use it, no further payments required
    I weighed it up with what I got from a timeshare and what I get from a Hotel
    A hotel
    I get room service
    I get fresh towels each day
    I get my bed made up and turned down each day
    My room is cleaned each day
    I usually get a VERY good resturant on site, not just a coffee bar/snack bar
    I dont get a bill every year for maintainence
    I can get a hotel anywhere and any time I want
    I get from a timeshare
    NO room cleaned each day
    NO bed make up/turn down
    NO room service
    NO resturant on site
    NO clean towels each day
    I have to share the resort with very loud kids and drunks, there are no quiet areas
    I DO get a BIG bill each year (usually the cost above the hotels I have stayed in)
    I cant book when and where I want, unless it at least 6 months in advance
    I do get a whole apartment (but its a waste, its just my wife and I)

I'm glad I sold my timeshare and have nothing to do with Bluegren any more

It doesnt matter where the resort is, you still have to get there, so I havent included the airfare in my prices

This year, I stayed in the Dominican Republic, all inclusive, 2 weeks, it cost me $720.00
    I stayed in Sri Lanka, all inclusive, 3 weeks, that cost me $900.00, but I did get an upgrade
    I had 'free' food', 'free drinks, ' free' tours, a nice beach (in both locations) plenty of service
    Non of these places are in the RCI or BlueGreen books (I know they werent FREE, I paid for them, but the more I ate and the more I drank and the more tours I took, the cheaper my holidays were)

I had a great time and I am not expecting a maintainence bill this Christmas or New Year

No one will ever sell me another timeshare, but as long as they give me FREE tickets or $80 to go to a presentation I'll go along, all you people that own a timeshare are paying for me to attend, so keep buying and paying those bills each year, I want your money/tickets

Sell your timeshare, go to all the presentations you can get as much as you can from them, but NEVER, NEVER buy again (you will lose money selling your timeshare, may as well get some back by going to the presentations)

Keep moaning about your timeshare, your bills arent going to get any smaller and when you die, your kids will own it, I bet they will really thank you for that monkey on their back,

Maybe you people that own timeshare tell me what you actually get ?
    I'll counter each positive with a negative,
    C'mon, what do you have to lose ?

CUT YOUR Losses and get rid of it

John carl Mar 19, 2010

I disagree!!! I go to Hawaii every year and Aruba and whistler Canada and Miami. I can keep going on and on to wonderful resorts. Clean rooms. Friendly staff! Great amenities! Beach front resorts and slope side resorts that would cost $5000/week in rental. $700 all inclusive is Nast buffet food with flies on it at a crappy resort in the middle of no where. Don't try to compare to blue green. Bluegreen is much much better than anything else out there! B

shu May 06, 2010

John Carl is a Bluegreen employee.

• De
    deborah fox Dec 19, 2010

cant sell my timeshare, they lied to us, mislead us and have double fee, s

pro bass shop

you know it's funny really never thought i would be going on the internet to complain but it has pushed this far about this company, yet i feel dumb because even still reading the review of how bad they were i still took the chance thru the sales person of bass pro shop to buy a package along with two other families that i told was a great deal but found out i dont reach the qualifications of seven questions that the sales person of course did not mention. i guess i should have known when we all were asking are you sure there is nothing hidden and his anwer was no just pay the small fee of 100.00 and your done, it was easy getting my money back i was not going to let this pass. im very upset that i took off 3 days of work thinking i was going on a small vacation with my family who also purchased the packages to find out at the last minute that this company basically lied!!! so if you read the bad reviews please believe them people are not on here just to play around there telling you because this company along with BASS PRO SHOP THEY PLAYED ALONG WITH THEM JUST TO GET A SALE. THANKS FOR RUINING THE VACATION FOR THE KIDS!!!

lies and rip offs

i have been a owner of bluegreen for over a year and i hell hate it! i think it is the worst mistake i have ever made! i was promised all these things and got none of them! every time i try to book i get the run around! I CAN NEVER GET THE DATES I WANT OR THEY ARE BOOKED UP! they dont have that many members and if they do then they need to get more condos. the customer service SUCKS! you have to pay a large amount of money for them to screw you! then they give you all these restrictions as when you can use your points.they are just awful and you cant do anything about it. if anyone has gotten any help about how bluegreen has done them please let me know. my email is [protected]@aol.com thanks ps please people if you are new to bluegreen hurry and get out of it because all they do is lie lie lie

• Lo
    Lord Mankinholes Jul 10, 2009

I have been an owner since 2004 and have always got the dates I wanted and yes they are prime summer school holiday times.
    If you don't like the resevation team then book it yourself online

angryandupset Dec 29, 2009

I agree! Did anyone tell you how to get out of this mess???

scam

My husband and I are VERY upset with this company, they have pretty much taken over the Dells. SAY NO FROM THE START. DO NOT GO SEE THE PROPERTY b/c the words "FREE _______ (you fill in the blank with what they offer you)". We arrived at this place bright and early on the FOURTH OF JULY. A sales representative sits you down and spends an hour attempting to pour this so called amazing "point system" in your head: DONT BUY IT. Then when you say NO a sales manager comes over and HARASSES you into at least leaving with some sort of purchase in your hand. Luckily-We got out with the "Sampler" and in 12 months with a loss of only $1000 we can ditch this company. I'm not even sure we will be using this because of the time restrictions and the fact that we do not want to be BULLIED anymore. I am hoping now that we will not be paying maintenance fees. I can't believe there is a company out there that deceives people and treats them like this. We WILL NOT be giving them our bank account number (which they want for automatic deposit) b/c I have just read somewhere that they share ALL this information with other companies. RUN RUN RUN AWAY FAST AS YOU CAN! I do not look forward to all of the phone calls we will be receiving in less than a years time to purchase this SCAM.

• Be
    bettyboop57 Jul 09, 2009

We're supposed to go July 23rd. We have no intentions of buying anything, just going for a "free" vacation. However, after reading all the comments I'm seriously thinking about backing out and just losing the $50.00 we paid to begin with.

• Lo
    Lord Mankinholes Jul 09, 2009

I have said it many times and will say it again it is not a scam, we have had many wonderful holidays with Bluegreen and will be off again July 18 for 3 weeks.
    Try the sampler and yes there are restructions, which is only fair since you have not paid any MF you can not expect to use it in prime time.
    Nobody no matter how the sales manger works holds a gun to your head and makes you sign, you live in a free country and can say No thank you.

To Bettyboop if you have no intention of buying why go, you must know there is no such thing as a "free Vacation" People like you are just as bad as the rouge salespeople i am afraid in my view its just tit for tat.

If you are serious about timeshare then it is a good system if timeshare does not fit into your lifestyle then why even go to a presentation and please remember timeshare is an investment in vacation time not $$$$$.

Please dont call it a scam when you know very little about it .
    What sort of person buys a sampl;er for $1000 then does not intend to use it but posts on here to say it is a scam.

very disappointed customers!

First off I want to say that everything that we were told, were a bunch of lies. We bought our timeshare in Gatlinburg, TN in 2005 and we purchased 10, 000 points every other year. We were told that our points would roll over if we did not use them, which was a lie because we have already lost over 10, 000 points. There were fees that we were billed for but were never told about as well. All the lies about having access to all the resorts and being able to make reservations at any time, were a bunch of lies too. We are at the point that we want to get rid of this timeshare as quickly as we can. For all potential buyers, be very cautious and READ everything, but after said that, it will still find a way to bite you in the butt at the end!

lied to at sale

My wife and I went to a bluegreen presentation last fall in Mrytle Beach. We really had no intentions to buy, but what they presented sounded good. Then when we sat down and started going over the numbers, they brought up the maintenace fees of $1100 a year. This is when I was ready to get up and walk out, if I'm paying that much a year for maint. fees I might as well just rent a condo. At this point they said "I have a way that you will never have to pay for maint. fees ever". They then told us about their bluegreen credit card, where you could earn reward points of $135 a month by simply charging $2000 a month. Using the card for gas and groceries, we could easily do this. Like a fool we bought into to this, and upon receiving our credit card we called to inquire about the points. They had never heard of such a program, and the rewards program was 1% of purchases, meaning we would have to charge $100, 000 in a year to get $1, 000 in reward points.

We called Bluegreen to tell them about this, and there response was "well the program must have changed". I told them this is what sold us on the timeshare and we wanted the contract voided. We never used any of the benefits, but they refused to do so. What fustrates me is that you can be told such an open faced lie, and they will not stand behind what they tell you. If someone tried to sell you a house by lying to you, they would have their license revoked!

Anyway my battle still continues on this. I saw where a class action lawsuit was started in PA. Anybody know of any other states?

• Ba
    Barbara Mahone Mar 19, 2015

My sister and I went through the exact same thing at Myrtle Beach also. I am working in filing a class action law suit against BlueGreen. If you are interested send me an email along with a copy of your complaint above to [email protected]
    Thanks, Barbara

unprofessional and cleanliness

My husband and I signed up for the 90 min session for the time-share presentation. We got a great deal on the room and were told we were to receive most of our money back once we completed the presentation (which we did as promised). We thought what a great deal!!! So, we planned to head out to the fountains for my birthday weekend. We left on my birthday and checked in. When we checked in and brought our things to our room, we found it disguising! We immediately called the front desk and complained. We told the front desk that the bathrooms still had hair, floors were DIRTY and so was the dining room table! They told us they would call back. They never called back but they sent the cleaning crew up to our room and inspected the place. The cleaning crew was not friendly and seemed very rude. They just swept and mopped the kitchen floor and wiped down the dining room table and left in a hurry without even an apology! It was my birthday and I had to go and RE-CLEAN the room! There is nothing like cleaning someone else’s pubic hair off of the toilet lid in the bathroom on your birthday!

I didn’t want the ordeal to ruin my birthday so I just decided to clean it myself and move on with the day.

The following day, my husband and I were scheduled for the 90 min. session for the time-share presentation. It started at 11:30am but it was NOT a 90 min session. It was 3 hours long! When we arrived for the presentation, the sales guy sat right down at our table and I told him what had happened. When I mentioned about the nasty hair in the bathroom, he said stop you’re grossing me out! I couldn't believe it! No apology but got right down to business to sell us the time-share. The sales guys were rude and kept making fun of people who were there from last week with excuses why they couldn’t buy. They also made fun of people that attended who were overweight and the top sales guy who must have been the manager, Bob, sat down and instantly said, those people had to leave to get money for the down payment but they should have known to bring money! He was very sarcastic and belittling. Unprofessional!!!

Well, I told the two sales guys, James and Bob, that we weren’t able to buy and were disguised with how gross the room was. They asked why we couldn’t afford it. Well, number one, it’s really none of their business. But I am an honest person and explained to them why but I should have said it wasn’t any of their business to begin with. My husband and I only rent a condo with our two year old son and are supporting my parents as my father was laid off due to the economy. They belittled my parents and I was VERY offended. I walked out of there immediately. I know they are trying to get sales, but we are all human. They should understand that family comes first and I would much rather buy a house for my son than buy a time-share! What a waste of money!

I will NEVER go back to the BlueGreen Resorts and would never recommend it to anyone I know!

• Be
    bellehou Jul 22, 2009

Just wanted to let you know about trouble I had at the Fountains Orlando pool and its security guard. It rained for a few minutes-typical FL weather- and when the rain stopped we went down to the pool. Upon entering and sitting down, a security guard rushed over and proceeded to yell at us about the pool being closed. There we no signs posted and the gate was not locked, so how were we supposed to know the pool was closed?? He was SO rude. This is out vacation for God sakes and we paid to stay there. I was so insulted by his attitude. So, we sat near the bar area until it opened back up which was never announced. We just noticed other people in the pool. On a following day, we had a small lunch cooler with us for drinks and snacks and were told we were not allowed any outside food or beverages due to “health code violations”. I asked which codes they were referring to, as I have never been asked to leave a pool before because of chips and sodas. Of course the waiter was super rude and argued with me about this. So, we had to pack everything up and go back upstairs. This pool situation was completely unacceptable. When on vacation, you want to enjoy the pool area and not be hassled when trying to relax and enjoy yourself. I can understand a no glass policy but no coolers at all???

misinformation

My husband and I had went to the state fair last year and he had entered us to win a free trip. A few months later he had received a call saying that we had won two free trips, one to Orlando and one to Hawaii. The first one to Orlando was to be 7 days long. They had asked him for a deposit of $398 on the spot. Not being that bright he paid it. I told him that he should never pay for something that is free, but I guess a little late. We scheduled the trip and later got a confirmation book and slip stating all the benefits we were to get. On the slip it said the trip was for 5 days instead of 7 and also that we were to pay for the airfare and extra for the hotel stay. We decided that we were going to postpone the trip being that financially we hadn't known what we were getting ourselves into when we booked it. When we tried to cancel we left several messages and had gotten no return calls. Now we missed the trip because we were unable to reschedule and also are unable to take it when we can afford it. It would be very nice to get some sort of reply about this. I do suppose that we could get a package bundle for less than what we would pay from them but we already have $398 into their company on a non-refundable deposit.

• Ri
    Ria Jun 12, 2009

i recently booked a vacation with Blue Green, after reading all the complaints i am worried about going on the trip in July. Please provide feedback with your thoughts. thank you

• Eh
    EH2112 Jul 24, 2012

DON'T LET THEIR ASSOCIATION WITH BASS PRO SHOPS FOOL YOU. EXTREMELY DISHONEST. WE PURCHASED 14, 000 POINTS EVERY OTHER YEAR. LUCKY FOR US IT IS EVERY OTHER YEAR. THEY DON'T MENTION HOW ONE CAN LOSE POINTS IF THE $34.99 POINTS PROTECTION PLAN IS NOT PURCHASED WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION. THEY DON'T MENTION THAT FOR BONUS POINTS RESERVATIONS YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO MAKE THE RESERVATIONS 45 DAYS IN ADVANCE AND NOT AT ONE'S LEISURE LIKE MENTIONED IN THE SALES PITCH. THEY DON'T MENTION A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF FEES TO BE ABLE TO SAVE POINTS OR USE POINTS IN COMBINATION WITH BONUS POINTS (CASH) RESERVATIONS. EVERY TIME WE CALL OWNER ASSISTANCE WITH RESERVATIONS WE GET ANOTHER STORY OR LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DO. DURING THE PRESENTATION IT IS DIFFICULT TO KNOW THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE TOLD OTHER WISE. IN ADDITION, THERE ARE FEES ON TOP OF FEES. IN OUR PRESENTATION WE WERE INFORMED THAT MAINTENANCE FEES FOR THE FIRST YEAR WERE COVERED AND THEN WE WERE BILLED AND WERE UNABLE TO USE OUR BENEFITS UNTIL PAID. BLUE GREEN RESORTS SCAM LIKE ALL OTHERS. AGAIN, LUCKILY WE ONLY PURCHASED EVERY OTHER YEAR. I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH BASS PRO SHOPS AS WELL!!! NOT THAT ANY OF THEM COULD CARE.

SarBear Jul 25, 2017

@EH2112 You can contact me at 704-800-6742 to try to help you get out of contract

I won a sweepstakes... yeah right!

I was called by the company, they said I'd won a drawing at a Baby Expo I attended in March ( the call...