Complaints & Reviews

total waste of money - scam

We mistakenly bought from Bluegreen two years ago. What a big mistake! We were scammed into the lowest amount...

sales staff

Just stayed at the bluegreen resort in Pigeon Forge. Had free tickets for a show so we had to do the sale...

fraudulent company

Have checked several cruise offers from Bluegreen, for which you have to belong to their Travelers Plus program for an annual fee. In every case, the cruise can be booked for $50 to $100 less per person by dealing directly with the cruise line.

Lord Mankinholes Apr 13, 2009

I have today just made a resevation for a 3 bed cottage in Scotland using travellers plus and paid $415 for the week this works out to be 288 GBP. To book this through the resort would have cost me 795 GPB,

So it can work

• Ji
    Jim in Texas May 28, 2009

If you need help canceling your Bluegreen Timeshare contract, please email me:

[email protected]

shu May 27, 2010

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
    Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.

[censor] working for [censor]

rude workers and getting scammed

we also were coerced into buying BLuegreen
We were on our second honeymoon ( gatlingsburg tn ) which they had promised that would be free and man was that a lie

1. During the initial first meeting we were told that we had to be 25 years or older to actually own anything. WE told them that I was 24 and my husband was 23 at the time and the representative had to go talk to their manager and after sometime came back and started.
2. After telling Ted several times that we were not interested he would change the subject and start talking about his wife and then would come back to the scam once he had talked our ears off
3. We were told that we could not leave until we had bought into it or we would have to fork out the money to pay for our trip to TN after driving from MI there was no free trip that was promised. The meeting lasted for four hours and we had got up 3 times to walk out and we told that he would give us a better deal
4. We were given a personal phone number to reach Ted but were also told that he no longer worked there and that we would have to contact the mortgage department which we did on several occasions and the only advice they gave us was to pay or get an attorney. Also we left several messages once we had left to get out of it because we had 10 days and no one called us back.
5. We called 5 different departments to get an answer and no one returned any of our phone calls
6. By now they had taken out a monthly fee and also spun on us the maintenance fee which was never talked about prior.
7. We now had paid over a couple thousand dollars and we realize we cannot recover the money we just want out of it. WE had tried to do it the right way by calling and canceling within the first 10 days and they purposely never returned a single phone call. They said if at anytime we run into a financial bind to contact Ted personally and he would help us and buy it back. But we tried canceling it within the time period talked about in the contract any nothing.
8. In summary we tried to someone but were always sent to an answering machine, put on hold or told they would call us back. We have talked to the BBB of East Tennessee and they are seeing what they can do also.
9. And this last women Judy called us let us know that a complaint that we had filed with the main head quarters really bothered her because she knew Ted and that would call the head quarters and give us a call back with something...Well once again she hasn't returned any of our phone calls...surprise surprise

We would be willing to do whatever it takes so they will stop threatening us with our credit and interest rate. If there is any action being taken feel free to contact us at [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected]...I hope that get put out

shu Apr 09, 2010

There is a potential Class Action in the works. There is an attorney currently gathering potential plaintiffs. If you would like the information on how to contact them in joining a possible Class Action suit against Bluegreen please contact me. [email protected]

It is my opinion that Bluegreen is an evil corporation that cheats hard working Americans out of their money.

shu May 19, 2010

Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor].

unauthorized charges

We were approached in a sport store about a wonderful vacation opportunity for free, all for a 90 minute sales pitch for the best time share in the world. We had to provide our own transportation, and they put us up in some crappy out of the way hotel for our 'vacation'. After more than 4 hours of pitching this wonderful opportunity, they got us. I admit we were stupid. We paid $10, 000 for our deed in South Carolina, and away we went, with promises of grandeur. Since that initial purchase, and after they got our money, we have only been able to book one vacation in four years. Every year we pay over $700 in maintenance fees for nothing. At any given time or day, you can call them until you're blue in the face, and you will be told, every single time, that there are no properties available, anywhere, for any date you give them. If you refuse to pay your maintenance and yearly dues, you will be sent to collections, and they charge you more than 30% extra for their services. I just got scammed out of $1200 so that my credit would not be affected. There was nothing else I could do. I'm ready to explode.

I have been perusing the internet and have come across hundreds of complaints about this same corporation, all with the same exact problems. I have signed up for class action lawsuits, and have come across one web site who is seeking names to start another. If you have been ripped off as I have, and are desperate for some kind of way out of this nightmare, call them at [protected]. I know there are thousands if not more people out there with the same issues. Maybe together we can get this corporation shut down and stop ripping people off.

We were ignorant and did not do any information seeking about this place, but they get you at the sales pitch. Promises, promises, promises, until you sign on the dotted line. Then, they are finished with you. You will NOT get a vacation at any of their resorts, and you will lose every single point that you have earned with them, unable to use them.

I am desperate to get out of this madness, but at the same time, I want my money back, all of it. And, I wouldn't be upset to get something extra for the nightmares we have endured.

If anyone knows of a class action suit, please contact me for signup. For that matter, if anyone knows any kind of way to get me out of this nightmare, please let me know. Hopefully, together, we can shut this ripoff scam vacation club down!!! I need help, as well as thousands of others who feel up against a wall.

Lord Mankinholes Feb 23, 2009

In the 5 years I have been an owner I have NEVER YET FAILED to get the reservation I have been seeking even in school holiday time.
    This year we have Miami, the Keys and back to Miami a total of 21 nights all back to back and made with no problem at all

Angie Feb 24, 2009

There is a gentleman by the name of Ron Walker who has a lawsuit against Bluegreen.
    His email address is [email protected]

Lord Mankinholes Feb 25, 2009

yes and pay money up front

Scam Scam Scam

• Da
    DaliaH Feb 25, 2009

I am a new BlueGreen owner. I too see that getting a reservation is not hard at all. If you book ahead of time, you should be fine. Good luck though. Those maintenance fees are annoying.

Chart Jul 09, 2009

We were so excited to purchase points at Big Cedar-but it turns out big Cedar never has time for us. I told my husband when we purchased the points that all I wanted to do was to be able to take the grandkids to Big Cedar; but as it turns out, there's never any, any, any time at Big Cedar to be able to use my measly 6000 points (we couldn't afford more!!!) unless maybe, just maybe, we want to go in the dead of winter when the grandkids wouldn't be able to do any of the fun water activities that are offered. I called in March to get some time this summer and was told everything was booked there until October!!! I just wish we hadn't been so gullible. We are paying sooooo much for soooo little!!! I thought that since the sales "pitcher" was from my hometown (Magnolia) that I could trust him. Boy, was I fooled!!! I hope he somehow gets this message because there is no way to contact him directly (naturally)!

cancelled my trip and would not refund my airfare

Bluegreen called me on Feb. 1 to confirm my trip to Aruba on Feb. 20. They re-confirmed my info, but when I told them I had lost my job since agreeing to go on the trip last year, they decided to cancel me. Here's the kicker. They refused to reimburse me for my airfare which I paid for!!! I was ok with them cancelling the trip due to my unemployment. But since THEY are the ones who chose to cancel, they should reimburse me for my airfare. What an unprofessional operation! Never do business with these people.

Lord Mankinholes Feb 25, 2009

Come you have no job and noway to buy a timeshare so yes thats why BG cancelled your trip but to expect them to refund your airfare is a no go you should claim of your travel insurance.

You do have Travel Insurance don't you.

But why did you tell them in the first place you should have gone and then just have said sorry but no thank you

Just to add to above

You are asking a company to compensate you for NOT being in a position to buy their product.

Have you tried this trick on Wal-Mart, load stuff into a cart get to the check out tell them you have lost your job and can the give you some money to cover the cost of your gas to get from home to the supermarket.

Answers on a postcard to ...

timeshare

We had taken what was supposed to be a 90 minute visit to a resort location to receive free tickets to an amusement park and a restaurant. We wound up spending approximately 4 hours there, where some very good salespersons sweet talked us into buying a timeshare at their resorts. It all sounded very good and we were capitavated. Our original trip was very limited so our amusement park trip was shortened because of the time we spent with them. They said they would give us another free trip if we would stop by the resort and let them tell us more about our timeshare. At the time we could make the payments on our first purchase but we soon learned they had talked us into upgrading for a better deal, and not being very concientious about this stuff we were roped into another deal which we cannot afford on our income. We didn't know there would be so many hidden fees. This has been very stressful on us as we are both senior citizens and just want out of the whole ordeal. It is a great burden on us. We have not used any timeshare at all.

law suit

Ladies and Gentlemen I have retained a lawyer to file a class action suit against Bluegreen Vacations ...

still waiting

Does anyone know what the foreclosure process for Bluegreen is? Do the take a cut of your wages first or go straight to foreclosure? We can't seem to get any help or answers from Bluegreen during our financial crisis, so we are now deliquent on our loan.. I am so unhappy with Bluegreen I would even let it go into foreclosure just to get the "monkey" off my back. They lied to us so much it's hard to tell what the truth really was. they have beautiful resorts and plenty to do when you are at them, but the fees are killing us. My husband has been laid off and it is now out of our reach to keep it. We have it for sale but no luck there? So if anyone has any answers for me I would really appreciate.
Pearl

unauthorized billing

I am an ex employee of destination adventures. They call consumers and offer them 3 day 2 night vacations to...

cancelled my 3 day vacation

In October of '08 I purchased a Bluegreen vacation for $59 with the understanding that I was required to take my wife and listen to a presentation about a timeshare for purchase. After the presentation was finished I would recieve $50 in gift cards to Bass Pro Shops. I chose Hershey, PA as my destination as I have a 4 yr old and an infant and it is close to OH. I booked the trip early in Nov. and went on to begin planning to spend the remainder of the week of July 4th in that area for the kids' enjoyment. Today, 1/16/09, 3 months after the reservations Bluegreen calls and says due to market conditions my Hershey vacation has been cancelled and I need to chose a different vacation spot. I said no I would not change so they just said your money will be refunded within 5 days and now my summer vacation plans are all a wash. Do not buy into these peoples program. They have rules about when and how you can cancel on them but they don't abide by the same rules.

Marydel Feb 24, 2009

Did you get your money back? We were going to the same place.

scam

I was called by bluegreen to tour their resort offered me 4 airline tickets anywhere in u.s.. to be a 2 hour tour ended being all day and no airline tickets. was told they where out. gave us a two night stay in gatlinburg. we have friends with cabins we can stay in free.we would not have wasted our day for that. woman at counter was rude! we made calls to five or six places. talked hours with people since aug. still don't have any tickets. its just the point of them lying. i have on their letterhead where i was to received free airline tickets. the problem is between the people who call you and make the arrangement and then the people you meet in person at the resort do what they want. the lady from the call center i believe tried to help us. but could get no results her self. so even if you get it in writing does not mean anything. i would stay away from this company. if they will lie to you on something this small amount of money what will they do with the big money you spent on their resort. i would not trust their contracts myself. i hate to be scamed.

awful company

I am very upset. I booked a Blue Green vacation when approached by a salesperson at the Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills, Mi. They told me I could do it for $59 and then get two $25 gift cards when I got to the resort of choice. Because we cant afford to fly anywhere I rushed home and booked Boyne - Avalanche Bay for Dec 22 & 23 2008 knowing that hotels book up fast, we booked this the weekend of Fathers Day 08, in June.

In mid Nov. I got a package confirming our travel plans, 2 nights, indoor water park, etc. This whole trip would have really only cost us $9 since we were getting the 2 gift cards. We were so excited, they said we would have to go through a 90 min time share presentation and that was it.

So on Dec 1, I got a call around 8:30 PM stating that they pulled their Bluegreen company out of that hotel and that we can no longer visit there. We could use our trip to go to Orlando, Vegas or the Winsc. Dells. All in which we would have to fly, as we live in Michigan! Plus my parents like 1 hr. from Boyne, so we were going to do 2 nights there and then head to my parents house for Christmas.

Now our plans and our mini vac. our ruined. We were all excited about it, especially our 4 year old. We have had a HORRIBLE year, and this was the 1 thing we were looking forward to, a little pampering at a CHEAP hotel with the states largest indoor waterpark, we cant afford to do these things with our son, so we were happy to be able to do something like this for him. It was actually a FATHERS DAY gift for my husband, it killed me to have to tell him that we cant go now. I am having surgery at the end of the weak, and my husband is getting laid off on Dec 11, this would have been a GREAT relaxation for us, and we have been telling everyone that we are going, now we look like SMUCKS. We have not had any vacations this year, except 2 nights camping, 1 that we slept in the car, because it was raining. So gee thanks Blue Green, for NOTHING.

• Ga
    Gary M Feb 26, 2009

I had the same issue happen to me and my wife. We planned a vacation in November to go to Gatlinburg in Feb. We just got back this past weekend. It was supposed to be last Wed and Thurs night, but they couldn't put us up at that time, we didn't find this out until the middle of Jan. I did complain because we had made reservations and it was a poor practice to decline a reserved room to a possible sales prospect. Finally they worked things out, they put us in their Laurel Crest resort and changed the times to Sat and Sun evening. Typically there is an additional charge for booking on the weekend, but they waved the fee and put us up.

Personally, I have read where others have had a bad experience w/Bluegreen, but I wonder how many ever post when they have a good experience? Not many obviously which is why I am posting here. Yes, it was unfortunate for me and my wife to have to reschedule a few days ahead due to an unforseen issue with our reservation, but they worked it out for us. We had a wonderful time.

While I am not making excuses for bad experiences in the past with other individuals, consider this... The rooms and resorts that BlueGreen opens up to vacationers and prospective sales are the same resorts and rooms that the current BlueGreen owners and members, who have paid their money use when they vacation. While the happiness of a prospective buyer is important to BlueGreen, I'm sure that the owners and its members happiness is much more important and must take priority. It could be that your reservation had to be bumped because of an increase of owners and members who reserved after you. It is unfortunate, but an issue that BlueGreen has to handle the best way they can to keep their clients happy first, prospects happy second. Remembering that without the prospects, there may not be any sales, but without the existing clientbase, there is no BlueGreen.

This was the first vacation we spent with BlueGreen and listened to the sales pitch. We aren't a rich family, we make just below the national average, we don't have a lot of debt, so we made a small purchase of 7, 000 points for now and may increase later. The savings far outweigh the payment considering that you are buying into a points concept that lasts the rest of your life. My wife and I talked about it, we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, this was our first vacation in years, and we asked ourselves why, was it the time or money? It was the money, this program allows us pay a little up front and get back a whole bunch later. Now that the money isn't an issue, rest assured we'll make the time to vacation, Orlando and Disney here we come...

We had no pushy salesmen or women, the sales manager was extremly nice and said up front several times during the presentation, this isn't a program for everyone, if you struggle to make payments on a house, a car, a credit card, or food for you and your kids, this program isn't for you and we don't want you to buy now, we want you to take care of home first, then vacation later. He even used examples...

Considering that you get a free vacation, all expenses paid to listen to an 1.5 to 2 hour presentation, it is a pretty good deal. Remember, you're a guest of BlueGreen and its members, so don't treat it as if you're already a member. Wanna complain because your reservation wasn't honored as a guest on the same level as a member, become a member, then have a right to complain. ;) Otherwise take the good with the bad...

As a new BlueGreen member, but a guest and prospective member who stayed in their resorts for a 2 night 3 day vacation, I suggest you give it a shot... Remember, everyone complains when things go wrong, but not everyone speaks up with things go right... There are only 3 or 4 stories I've found that were negative towards the BlueGreen guest vacation, neither of them, in my opinion, seem to warrant bad mouthing the company, unexpected issues? Sure, but nothing so bad it should scare anyone away from at least taking a great free vacation.

Good Luck,
    Gary

jane Mar 01, 2009

As a member I was able to make a quick date resevation at the Fountins in Florida and then change it to a handicapped room as the other person was handicapped and in a wheelchair. They treated us like royality and met our every need . Boyne is a very hard reservation to make for the members. If there is any way poss try another vac spot.

rip off

I bought 8000 Bluegreen Vacation club points at Big Cedar Wilderness Club two years ago in Ridgedale, MO...

scam and fraud

For all those who have written and complained about Bluegreen we may have found a way to stop them.

Please contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) by phone...tell them what your situation with Bluegreen...they said the more people that call they will be able to act on it. Please let me know if you do!!!

About a Company, an Organization, or a Business Practice
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580

• Ar
    Arijana Mar 30, 2009

I'll do it right away, i'm getting tored of these big companies ripping simple consumers. Thank you,
    I filed complain with better business bureau and attorney general of Florida, please do the same.

Joanne McNeil Apr 28, 2009

We are a victim of Bluegreen-Have been thru the whole nitemare of {to name a few}not being able to use our investment as presented to us in Branson, Mo. bought in 2o04-could not use {our } condo in our designated time -mega calls finally got it and drove from Gulfshores, Al to Mo. and our unit was rented-we had Confirm. nxt. A.M. 0 min. update=3 hr. sales pitch buy+points furious when walked out-Carolina Grande Myrtle Beach, N.C. could not get 2 bdrm. unit we were promised we would have in all, B.G. owned Fac., not even an adj. unit.said no adj. got there no parking in Carolina GrandeCondo.park in adj. Bldg.{WE QUIT CLAIMED IT TO BG IN NOV. O8 BECAUSE OF FAILURE TO PERFORMAND NOW BG HAS FORE CLOSED AFTER THE FACT AND SENT THIS FALSE INFO TO THE CREDIT BUREAU'S OUR CREDIT WAS DEC. O8 760=ME 760
    HUBBY 770-I am 71 he is 64, I DISPUTED THIS TO NO AVAIL, NOT THRU]over 100 calls to Bg. during the course of these years now have found class action law suits by Attn gen. office of Pa. and Mo. and have informed Attn. Gen..Al. that Bass Pro has moved in and is selling time shares in Spanish Fort, Al.FLORIDA ATTN. GEN.OFFICE DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE-PINNACCLE A BG. COMP.WILLNOT SHOW PROOF OF ADV. TO SELL=3YRS=BG SAYSYOU CANNOT SELLYOURSELF THIS IS FROM JOANNE MCNEIL=THIS IS THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG CAN'T CHANGE THIS FORMAT-SO PUT ADD. INFO IN THIS PLACE SORRY

- hotel not finished no elevator working, pool not complete, apt. not complete, sent us to motel across st. pool not opened.People that got the adj. room smoked and there was no transom under adj. rm. door and the smoke filled our rm. and blew in from their deck that had a sm. Div. .we.left days early.Pinnacle never had it listed to sell, after

• Di
    disgusted May 30, 2009

I intend to file a complaint with the FTC. We are in teh same boat. Lied to at the presentation. Told we could bank points, when I tried I was told I didn't call soon enough. Everytime you go through an update the rules cahnge. What sounded like a great vacation plan has turned into a NIGHTMARE!

ripped off

We bought 10000 points at a BlueGreen Resort in Pigeon Forge, TN. At our 1st visit the accomadations were not suited for handicap as we had been promised they would be, so we upgraded to 14, 000 points in order to be guaranteed handicap parking and suite. We made reservations for some friends of ours and they were stuck in a none handicap room 1/2 way between the elevators. We complained and were "invited" to Atlanta to discuss our dissatisfaction. At this meeting in August of 2008 we were again guaranted handicap facilites with easy elevator access and again we purchased an addition 3000 points now giving us 17, 000 points with all costs except yearly maintainence dues included in monthly charge. Now we have received "Club" dues charge with late fee. Never saw one before 12/20/08. Tried to call the guaranteed number of the people in Atlanta and their telephones are disconnected. Go Figure!!! Surprise, surprise. This outfit is a complete ripoff, but once you sign a contract you can not get out of it. They will not even talk to us about giving back out 17, 000 points with no further payments due. Wonder is bankruptcy will get rid of these money suckers with no morals and no conscious?

• Ar
    Arijana Mar 30, 2009

Hi, I'm a victim jsut like you are. When we bought it, they promised to buy it back when we want to get rid of. Now they are telling us, they don't offer resale program. I filled complaint with better business bureau and with attorney general of Florida, please go to their websites. If enought people complain to officials maybe somebody will take actions, i know i have signed contract, but what i get from him that's not the product i thought i'm buying.

John carl Mar 19, 2010

Everything is in writing and crystal clear when I purchased. I'm shocked to read some of the things I have because it has been the complete opposite experience for me. BLUE GREEN is the best of the best!!! But with a company as big as blue green there is always a few people trying to scam them and sue them for no valid reason. Somebpeople just trying to get something for nothing. Last time I checked you had to be 18 to enter legal document. So in other words an adult who can read and understand what they are buying. I don't believe in " I got pressured to buy". Ummmm your a freakin adult who make grown up desicions. If you can't afford it later. That's your fault not theirs. If I go buy a rolls Royce I can't afford. It's my fault not the dealers!! Duh!!!

shu Apr 12, 2010

John Carl is full of CRAP!
    If you are retired, and have all the time in the world to go to a resort at a crappy time of the year, or at the last minute then yes, absolutly you'd be happy. These ### pray on hard working middle class WORKING!!! families by selling "FLEXIBILITY, AVAILABILTY, AFFORDABILITY". They know for a fact it doesn't work that way. YET, they lie their A$$es off just to get that commission check. These ### are bottom feeding puss trolls.

Bluegreen will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract. Anyone who gets on here and cries about "Well you should have read your contract" is one of those parasites trying to distract anyone reading this thread from the truth. Bluegreen is nothing more than a nest of thieves and liars.

One last thing...John Carl, If you are so pleased with Bluegreen...why in the hell are you at complaintsboard.com posting???? Suspect John Carl...very suspect.

awful company

A person will call you up on the phone saying, 'you've won 4 roundtrip air tickets with a value of up to 3900.00$' All you have to do is come to Bluegreen to pick them up. Well, when you get there, it's a timeshare sale. They got pissed at us because we kept saying 'NO', and we were treated like crap.

The 'free' airline tickets, you must reserve a room of their choice at a unreasonable price, you are extremely limited on where you can and can't go, when you can travel and they are only good for a very short amount of time.
What I was told when they called me and what actually happened was WAY off!!! If they call you, it's not even worth it unless you ARE looking to buy a timeshare.

So why did you go

maybe it was because you thought you could get something for nothing.
    Well there is no such thing as a free lunch so come on you must have expected to be sold something even if you did not know Bluegreen was timeshare.

Why do people go to these kind of presentations blind, with the www at you fingertips a couple of mins would have given you all the info you needed.

no food and no rest

My husband and I fell victims to Bluegreen in June 2005. We were lied to at the presentation. We were told that purchasing Bluegreen is just like purchasing any other real estate; the property will appreciate and we would be given a deed. We were told that if we didn't like it we could sell it for more than we bought it for and they would sell it for us if we wanted. We were told that we could vacation anywhere we wanted and at any time we wanted. We were also told that the maintenance fees were about $600 and if we like, we could rent our points out to pay those fees and they would take care of the rental details for us as well. All lies.

We arrived for the presentation at 11 a.m. on a Saturday. We hadn't eaten but planned on getting lunch after the 90 minute presentation. After 4 and a half hours, we signed and were released. During the signing, we were exhausted and hungry. They refused my request to take the documents home to look over before signing. This is the same tactic cults use to recruit members. No food and no rest.

The 'property' we purchased is not worth what we paid. We cannot sell it. We do not have a deed but instead, a copy of a deed. We can't go where and when we want. In fact we can never go to Florida at Christmastime because our points arrive on June 18th which is only 6 months before December and Christmas reservations must be made eleven months in advance and our points are only 'high red' for twelve months. Our maintenance fees are now over $900 per year. Bluegreen can't sell the 'property' for us but put us in touch with Pinnacle, a resale company who charged us $39 and has not produced an offer to purchase our 'property'. We also listed with another company for $699 and have had no offers. Bluegreen's rental program is discontinued due to 'Lack of interest'.

This deception is in direct violation of the Michigan Consumer Protection Act but how do you prove that they lied to us? Are there any former timeshare salespeople out there who would testify to the deception practiced in the field? Immunity promised of course. Are there enough people out there who feel the way we do about Bluegreen so we can band together and make our voice louder than theirs?

Someone referred to timeshare ownership as a black hole. I'm there, with no light in sight. Help. I can't think of anyone I dislike enough to even give this 'property' to.

• Ji
    jim Baldwin Nov 21, 2008

I used to be a sales rep for a sales center in Myrtle Beach untill i realized i ripping people off. If you have any questions for me i would be glad to help! Just send me an email at [email protected]

• St
    stan george Jan 26, 2009

We were convinced that this was the most ecconomical way and easy way to vacation. We have not been able to take a vacation as of yet due to "all booked up". We have listed our time share with Pinnacle with not one buyer. What a big mistake we made. I would pay someone to take it. Are there any more idiots like me?

[email protected]

• Derrick Feb 01, 2009

I have been getting a few emails from people here asking how I sold my timeshare points, I cant reply to them as I dont have your email address, IF you send me an email, please send your address
    I wont send you spam, but I will send you the emails I received and the address of the people who bought them
    Thanks
    Derrick

• Al
    alhandymn Feb 08, 2009

We also bought Blugreen corp. we had 30 days to cancle we called them and they said it could not be canceled we would have to sell.. Asdke if they would sell they said yes, Got a email about 2 weeks later stating it was sold.. about 60 days later I went to buy a new truck and found Bluegreen corp on my credit as nonpayment.. now my credit is screwed and can't get anything done about it

Joanne McNeil Apr 28, 2009

Get in touch with your Atrtorney Gen. there are people from 6 states like you call tollfree for attorney gen offic e in Pa. class action Against Bluegreen 5600= for $20000=$40000//Mo. attny Gen. on going//Michigan the same//Minn the same -get busy and file in each state-//even when a state doesn't want them they get there foot in the door thru their comp. Bass Pro-Shop as they have in Alabama

• Derrick Nov 24, 2009

I had a timeshare with Bluegreen, I sold it, I lost a lot of money, but I gained money
    I bought my timeshare when it was owned by Airtours, it was fine until Bluegtreen bought it and everything went up
    So now I use hotels, its very good, I book my hotel, I pay for it, I use it, no further payments required
    I weighed it up with what I got from a timeshare and what I get from a Hotel
    A hotel
    I get room service
    I get fresh towels each day
    I get my bed made up and turned down each day
    My room is cleaned each day
    I usually get a VERY good resturant on site, not just a coffee bar/snack bar
    I dont get a bill every year for maintainence
    I can get a hotel anywhere and any time I want
    I get from a timeshare
    NO room cleaned each day
    NO bed make up/turn down
    NO room service
    NO resturant on site
    NO clean towels each day
    I have to share the resort with very loud kids and drunks, there are no quiet areas
    I DO get a BIG bill each year (usually the cost above the hotels I have stayed in)
    I cant book when and where I want, unless it at least 6 months in advance
    I do get a whole apartment (but its a waste, its just my wife and I)

I'm glad I sold my timeshare and have nothing to do with Bluegren any more

It doesnt matter where the resort is, you still have to get there, so I havent included the airfare in my prices

This year, I stayed in the Dominican Republic, all inclusive, 2 weeks, it cost me $720.00
    I stayed in Sri Lanka, all inclusive, 3 weeks, that cost me $900.00, but I did get an upgrade
    I had 'free' food', 'free drinks, ' free' tours, a nice beach (in both locations) plenty of service
    Non of these places are in the RCI or BlueGreen books (I know they werent FREE, I paid for them, but the more I ate and the more I drank and the more tours I took, the cheaper my holidays were)

I had a great time and I am not expecting a maintainence bill this Christmas or New Year

No one will ever sell me another timeshare, but as long as they give me FREE tickets or $80 to go to a presentation I'll go along, all you people that own a timeshare are paying for me to attend, so keep buying and paying those bills each year, I want your money/tickets

Sell your timeshare, go to all the presentations you can get as much as you can from them, but NEVER, NEVER buy again (you will lose money selling your timeshare, may as well get some back by going to the presentations)

Keep moaning about your timeshare, your bills arent going to get any smaller and when you die, your kids will own it, I bet they will really thank you for that monkey on their back,

Maybe you people that own timeshare tell me what you actually get ?
    I'll counter each positive with a negative,
    C'mon, what do you have to lose ?

CUT YOUR Losses and get rid of it

shu Apr 14, 2010

Bluegreen is singly the most unethical, immoral and desestible company in business today. Their sales sluts will use high pressure and out right lies to sucker people in. Then...after you've signed your name to their contract you discover on page 4 of the public offering Bluegreen is not liable for any promises made by their sales agents. Unbelievable. These parasites are without questions the lowest form of trash.

You will not get any of what your told, or shown your going to get...none of it.

They will steal your money and if you refuse to pay they will ruin your credit and threat YOU with legal action...that is incredible. What a band of puss trolls.

• Wo
    wood 234 May 26, 2010

hello im in same boat i couldnt give it away either ive tried to sell at half price even it is a dumb idea to get a time share frome bluegreen they are scamers and i was to dubm to understand cause they tellin u all this exciting things that wont ever hapen i havent used mine because it wont work when i want to use it only in winter or boring places u find some one to buy urs ask em if they have a brother or sister il sell mine haha

• Ba
    Barbara Schalk Feb 27, 2013

I purchased in 2005 and have lived a nightmare ever since. I hope and pray that someone in the very near future will find a way to help us who no longer want to be owners, get relief. The contract appears to be iron clad.

bluegreen vacation resorts

After being an owner for 1 year and having vacation plans rejected a total of 11 times we are selling our property. At this point we just want to break even and get out of this scam. I think Bluegreen Vacation Resorts is one big scam. We were told one thing when we signed up only to be told by someone else that wasn't true. We have tried 11 times to book vacations and were told ALL 11 times that there were no vacancies. We gave them multiple places and still No Vacancies. We were told at the time of signing up we could book vacations in a little as two days. Maybe - but you certainly won't be going anywhere you want to go. Every time we have tried to book we are advised that we need to book at least 6 months in advance. So for grins, I called to book 8 months in advance to 6 different places only to be told there were no vacancies. Why are there no vacancies? Bluegreen holds a number of units for their corporate clients. So if the property has several bookings Bluegreen will put a hold on x amount of units. BUT Bluegreen is very happy to take money out of my acccount each month and I'm getting nothing in return.
So, if anyone out there gets a call for a two night stay and all you have to do is listen to a presentation - DON'T BOTHER!! What they say in the sales pitch sounds good, but it doesn't come true. They say what you want to hear, but in reality it isn't the way it works.

• Mi
    mike Dec 02, 2008

I feel like bluegreen corp has taken me for a money ride with suckering me into buying this crap with there tell you what you want to hear its all good scam artist sellsman!!Not to mention the high interest rates.I was just wondering if any body feels the same way I do about bluegreen vac.and if so please email me.If this goes to bluegreen corp. I have paid my payments every month on time but have been layed off and would like to solve this in a professional way if were able?I take pride in paying my bills (on time)and having a good credit score, but I may not have a choice but to let it go back and would like to know if I did let it go back what consequences would I face?

• Pe
    Pearl Feb 23, 2009

We are in the same boat as you, my husband has been laid off and our income is only 1/3 of what it was when we bought. We are in the process of letting ours go back. They haven't really hassled us and that scares the begeebers out of me. I am wandering if they are going to be the silent destructive types. Our credit is already ruined (i realize it is our fault for non payment) and our credit cards have lowered our limits and raised our interest rates due to all of this. But we are at the point it is either keep our home and utilities and let Bluegreen go, or suffer losingit all .
    We are listed with 4 places trying to sell but no one wants these stupid points.

Good luck
    Pearl

• Vi
    vivaw5900 Jun 24, 2009

You're so right, its a scam and just don't get into the scam of selling your timeshare or points because that is a scam itself. I believe Bluegreen has cover its ### from almost every angle...including owning the collection agancy, the sale your time share agencies, plus most of the small print in the contract is to collect more money in every angle they examples: fees for whatevery they can think of to charge You...

shu May 19, 2010

Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor].

fraud and scam

My wife and I went to a owners update in Dec. 2005 and were persuaded to buy another ownership to increase our points. We were reluctant to buy the second ownership but were told by our salesman that bluegreen would help us sell it if we didn't need it.

I called Bluegreen a few minutes ago to sell and was told that they don't do that. Public BEWARE.

• Da
    DaliaH Feb 25, 2009

I don't think it's BlueGreen's fault, it was the salesperson who gave the wrong information. You should also confirm that or get it in writing. I am a BlueGreen owner and so far I'm happy.

SHERRYLL ROBERTS May 19, 2009

WE WERE TOLD THE SAME THING IN 2005 AND NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS TIMESHARE. WE HAVE TRIED TO SELL IT THROUGHT TIMESHARES ONLY (BEWARE OF THAT SITE ALSO) THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE IS DONE. :(

• Ca
    carol100 Feb 09, 2011

bluegreen is a huge scam-can't get a vacation, fees increasing yearly and our local shenandoah crossing just added yurts.a new pool, more campsites and redid the cabins yet we can't rent our time, reserve any time and i guess pay for all the new items even tho' there are many new owners now. has anyone called their attorney generals office ? only if we all complain will something get done..

• Ki
    kimberlywilliams1570 Nov 23, 2011

In June 2009 I was in a Bass Pro Shop in Westminster Colorado, and found the sales agents selling a $99 weekend vacation in Vegas and other locations. July 26, 2009 was our tour date, and we were to spend 1.5 hours at the tour – however this lasted for 5 hours! In the end we decided to purchase a Bluegreen ownership because we have been planning on traveling to Italy, Greece, Spain, and all around the world for the rest of our lives. They said we could go to all these places for $169 per week after the purchase our lifetime 1-time membership of $26.000. They said we would spend at least $7, 000 on each vacation we talked about without a Bluegreen membership, so owning a Bluegreen membership would purportedly save us a lot of money.

During the presentation, we fell victim to a variety of material misrepresentations, which we only later found to be false. We were told that we would receive 20, 000 points a year that could be used at RCI as well, and that our timeshare was a real estate investment, which would appreciate in value over time. We were also told that new nearby developments would drive up the price of our timeshare in the near future, and that we could easily sell (or rent) our timeshare for a profit. We were also told that we would be able to exchange our property location and go anywhere without paying any fee other than the $169 booking fee. The sales representatives told us that Bluegreen representatives would act as our travel agents, and that they had monitors which displayed specific client travel times and potential airline accommodations as well as car rentals. We were told that Bluegreen agents would also have all of our offers loaded into a database profile, which would allow them to choose the best offer for us to use for a specific trip.

We were also told that we would be able to refinance our timeshare at a local bank, but later discovered that banks don’t refinance timeshare loans. We were also told that we would be able to write off timeshare interest or the timeshare itself on our taxes, but later discovered that this is an exception only made for vacation homes, and that timeshares don’t belong to this classification. We were told that our 20, 000 point plan would grant us far more amenities than it actually did. The sales representatives claimed that resorts were available al the time, and that we didn’t need to plan our vacations more than two-three months in advance for any resort. The representatives also claimed that we would be granted three extra two-week vacations for free, one of which was a yacht vacation. These vacations never materialized.

We told the representatives that we wanted to take a group with us in 2010 to Mexico or Hawaii for Scott’s 40th birthday. They assured us this was definitely going to happen; that we would have no waiting period and the timeframe was long enough. So I called after I got my ID number to book this trip and the representatives I talked to at Bluegreen laughed when I repeated what I was told at the presentation would happen: that they had my profile and could tell me what was the best to use, and that there were big screens in the office showing all of the various flights and vacation areas available to me. There was no availability at any Hawaii resort for 1.5 years; and if I booked it I had to use it or lose the points. This was in stark contrast to the specific promise made by the sales representatives at the time of sale. We were told that Bluegreen representatives would aid us in booking a vacation that was guaranteed to be available, yet there was no availability and we were laughed at by representatives over the phone.

I decided to transfer 8, 000 points to RCI so we could go to Mexico with our friends as planned. When I tried to book this trip, I was told that the all inclusive resort would cost $1500-$3500 per person per week! The cost to book the trip was $169. After three days, if we decided we couldn’t go, we would lose the $169! None of the resorts that were affordable were even available for a year. We had been told at the presentation that the only cost for a week at any resort would be the $169 booking fee. We had been told that there would be no other fees. We would never have purchased this timeshare if we had known that we would not be able to book reservations at any time we wanted, and that we would be subject to fees far beyond what we were told we would be responsible for paying per vacation.

no attorney generals office wants to accept responcibility. they point the finger to the next office! I want to be part of a class action law suit.

Sarah Bell Jan 29, 2019

@kimberlywilliams1570 This is 100% what happened to my husband and I we were told that we could use our points for RCI as well... Only to find out that our points could convert but then we would also have to pay RCI an exchange fee and they didn't have any resorts available for the time we could go. We spent more the 5 hours at the first presentation.
    We are roped in by we will give you this and that and throw this in and that in. when it came to send the vouchers in it was another fee. Every time we went to club 36 to stay we always had to go to a time share review which in other words they roped us into more points. Which foolishly we did. We were told if we didn't then the price of points would go up and wouldn't be locked in the lower point price. And that the maintenance fees would be cheaper as well. And also that we could refinance or get a loan through a bank which was a HUGE LIE!! we have been told so many lies it's not even funny... Last time we went we did the stupid review and was roped into more points I told them we couldn't afford it and we do not need or want more points, they kept coming back with options and ideas on how it would be so good for us and we can jump to the next level and get all these perks of having the next level available to us.
    I was crying to my husband and we felt like we had no choice but to give in and get more points. It has been a financial hardship on us and I have been calling Blue-green for the past 3-4 weeks to get a hold of a lady by the name of Anisha Jackson and have left MANY voice mails and she has not called me back once. We called a time share release program and to have them have one of their lawyers take our case to a judge it would cost us $12, 000. yeah ummm we don't have the money for that. I Now can't afford to go on vacation because all that money is going to the payments of Blue green and we can not pay our bills because we are paying over $450 a month and over 1, 500 in fees. Club 36 also keeps claiming that they are building on and that they are upgrading the rooms, but every time we've gone the carpets are super dirty in the hall way, there isn't easy elevator access.. the pool is pretty small compared to Vegas hotel standards. Club 36 is right across the runway of the airport so it is always loud with plains coming and going (which can be fun if you are deaf or love to watch planes the whole time) they have not opened the snack bar by the pool, it was suppose to have treats, sandwiches ect... It hasn't opened once in the 3 years that we have gone. The gym is pretty small as well as the Hot tub it only fits about 5 people, there is not enough places to sit in the pool area and the outside deck is way to hot with not shade umbrellas. The one nice thing about Club 36 is the shuttle to spots on the strip but only picks you up if you can make it on time but if they don't have people that need to go to the drop off spot them you either have to wait for the next drop off which is only once every hour and only one shuttle bus, the bell hop who has been there every time and helped us with the bags, and there is not enough bag carriages for people, you either have to wait down stairs or bring as much as you can haul down every time. Last visit our shower was not putting out much water and it took them forever to come look at it. I was advised that if we ever go again and the review is more then 90 mins that we need to start yelling at the top of our lungs that this is a scam and not to sign up...Also when we have gone to the reviews (when we added more points) during the time they get all the paper work ready they have us leave and get lunch and then come back, never have they offered to take us to lunch even though it was an all day event and by the time we are done with everything you are so damn tired that you just want to go to your room and sleep. They also have you sign up for credit cards for the down payment each time. This place is such a scam and am not happy at all...they want to give you the freedom of vacation and make memories but in reality they stick you with outrageous prices and promises that they never keep. We could have gone on so many trips by now if we weren't with them. We were also told we could use our points for cruises and can go on yachts, air tickets and car rentals. NOT TRUE!! almost two years ago my husband and I went to California for our anniversary and wanted to stay a night in San Diego I called Blue-Green to see if they had a hotel we could get a night stay in, they said yes it would cost us a certain amount of points and also cost over $100 per room.. we took it because it was a last minuet choice. The place that we staid in
    was loud and when i went into the bathroom to shower there was a spider in the faucet. There is so much more that I can write but will spare you the pain.

• Ri
    Risen4me Aug 13, 2012

The same thing happened to us! Even had us sign a paper stating that we would give them first rights to buy it back!! Convinced us we would never be able to sell our points the way they were because they were purchased with the "old" owner of bluegreen, before things had been improved. It is truly sad how people can lie that way!