Bluegreen / lied to at sale

My wife and I went to a bluegreen presentation last fall in Mrytle Beach. We really had no intentions to buy, but what they presented sounded good. Then when we sat down and started going over the numbers, they brought up the maintenace fees of $1100 a year. This is when I was ready to get up and walk out, if I'm paying that much a year for maint. fees I might as well just rent a condo. At this point they said "I have a way that you will never have to pay for maint. fees ever". They then told us about their bluegreen credit card, where you could earn reward points of $135 a month by simply charging $2000 a month. Using the card for gas and groceries, we could easily do this. Like a fool we bought into to this, and upon receiving our credit card we called to inquire about the points. They had never heard of such a program, and the rewards program was 1% of purchases, meaning we would have to charge $100, 000 in a year to get $1, 000 in reward points.

We called Bluegreen to tell them about this, and there response was "well the program must have changed". I told them this is what sold us on the timeshare and we wanted the contract voided. We never used any of the benefits, but they refused to do so. What fustrates me is that you can be told such an open faced lie, and they will not stand behind what they tell you. If someone tried to sell you a house by lying to you, they would have their license revoked!

Anyway my battle still continues on this. I saw where a class action lawsuit was started in PA. Anybody know of any other states?

Ji

Comments

• Ba
      19th of Mar, 2015

My sister and I went through the exact same thing at Myrtle Beach also. I am working in filing a class action law suit against BlueGreen. If you are interested send me an email along with a copy of your complaint above to bgclassaction@gmail.com
    Thanks, Barbara