Bluegreen Vacations Logo

Bluegreen Vacations

Having problems with Bluegreen Vacations?

Bluegreen Vacations reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 27, 2006. The latest review Las Vegas Nv Club Blue Green was posted on Aug 28, 2021. The latest complaint bluegreen vacations timeshare scam warning!!! was resolved on Sep 16, 2014. Bluegreen Vacations has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 261 reviews. Bluegreen Vacations has resolved 112 complaints.

Bluegreen Vacations Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 456 2582 (Customer Service)
4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bluegreen Vacations Customer Service. Initial Bluegreen Vacations complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bluegreen Vacations above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bluegreen Vacations. Discuss the issues you have had with Bluegreen Vacations and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bluegreen Vacations Complaints & Reviews, Page 10

Bluegreen Vacation Clubcancelled my 3 day vacation

In October of '08 I purchased a Bluegreen vacation for $59 with the understanding that I was required to take my wife and listen to a presentation about a timeshare for purchase. After the presentation was finished I would recieve $50 in gift cards to Bass Pro Shops. I chose Hershey, PA as my destination as I have a 4 yr old and an infant and it is close to OH. I booked the trip early in Nov. and went on to begin planning to spend the remainder of the week of July 4th in that area for the kids' enjoyment. Today, 1/16/09, 3 months after the reservations Bluegreen calls and says due to market conditions my Hershey vacation has been cancelled and I need to chose a different vacation spot. I said no I would not change so they just said your money will be refunded within 5 days and now my summer vacation plans are all a wash. Do not buy into these peoples program. They have rules about when and how you can cancel on them but they don't abide by the same rules.

Bluegreen Resortscam

I was called by bluegreen to tour their resort offered me 4 airline tickets anywhere in u.s.. to be a 2 hour tour ended being all day and no airline tickets. was told they where out. gave us a two night stay in gatlinburg. we have friends with cabins we can stay in free.we would not have wasted our day for that. woman at counter was rude! we made calls to five or six places. talked hours with people since aug. still don't have any tickets. its just the point of them lying. i have on their letterhead where i was to received free airline tickets. the problem is between the people who call you and make the arrangement and then the people you meet in person at the resort do what they want. the lady from the call center i believe tried to help us. but could get no results her self. so even if you get it in writing does not mean anything. i would stay away from this company. if they will lie to you on something this small amount of money what will they do with the big money you spent on their resort. i would not trust their contracts myself. i hate to be scamed.

Bluegreen Vacationsawful company

I am very upset. I booked a Blue Green vacation when approached by a salesperson at the Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills, Mi. They told me I could do it for $59 and then get two $25 gift cards when I got to the resort of choice. Because we cant afford to fly anywhere I rushed home and booked Boyne - Avalanche Bay for Dec 22 & 23 2008 knowing that hotels book up fast, we booked this the weekend of Fathers Day 08, in June.

In mid Nov. I got a package confirming our travel plans, 2 nights, indoor water park, etc. This whole trip would have really only cost us $9 since we were getting the 2 gift cards. We were so excited, they said we would have to go through a 90 min time share presentation and that was it.

So on Dec 1, I got a call around 8:30 PM stating that they pulled their Bluegreen company out of that hotel and that we can no longer visit there. We could use our trip to go to Orlando, Vegas or the Winsc. Dells. All in which we would have to fly, as we live in Michigan! Plus my parents like 1 hr. from Boyne, so we were going to do 2 nights there and then head to my parents house for Christmas.

Now our plans and our mini vac. our ruined. We were all excited about it, especially our 4 year old. We have had a HORRIBLE year, and this was the 1 thing we were looking forward to, a little pampering at a CHEAP hotel with the states largest indoor waterpark, we cant afford to do these things with our son, so we were happy to be able to do something like this for him. It was actually a FATHERS DAY gift for my husband, it killed me to have to tell him that we cant go now. I am having surgery at the end of the weak, and my husband is getting laid off on Dec 11, this would have been a GREAT relaxation for us, and we have been telling everyone that we are going, now we look like SMUCKS. We have not had any vacations this year, except 2 nights camping, 1 that we slept in the car, because it was raining. So gee thanks Blue Green, for NOTHING.

jane Mar 01, 2009

As a member I was able to make a quick date resevation at the Fountins in Florida and then change it to a handicapped room as the other person was handicapped and in a wheelchair. They treated us like royality and met our every need . Boyne is a very hard reservation to make for the members. If there is any way poss try another vac spot.

• Ga
          Gary M Feb 26, 2009

I had the same issue happen to me and my wife. We planned a vacation in November to go to Gatlinburg in Feb. We just got back this past weekend. It was supposed to be last Wed and Thurs night, but they couldn't put us up at that time, we didn't find this out until the middle of Jan. I did complain because we had made reservations and it was a poor practice to decline a reserved room to a possible sales prospect. Finally they worked things out, they put us in their Laurel Crest resort and changed the times to Sat and Sun evening. Typically there is an additional charge for booking on the weekend, but they waved the fee and put us up.

Personally, I have read where others have had a bad experience w/Bluegreen, but I wonder how many ever post when they have a good experience? Not many obviously which is why I am posting here. Yes, it was unfortunate for me and my wife to have to reschedule a few days ahead due to an unforseen issue with our reservation, but they worked it out for us. We had a wonderful time.

While I am not making excuses for bad experiences in the past with other individuals, consider this... The rooms and resorts that BlueGreen opens up to vacationers and prospective sales are the same resorts and rooms that the current BlueGreen owners and members, who have paid their money use when they vacation. While the happiness of a prospective buyer is important to BlueGreen, I'm sure that the owners and its members happiness is much more important and must take priority. It could be that your reservation had to be bumped because of an increase of owners and members who reserved after you. It is unfortunate, but an issue that BlueGreen has to handle the best way they can to keep their clients happy first, prospects happy second. Remembering that without the prospects, there may not be any sales, but without the existing clientbase, there is no BlueGreen.

This was the first vacation we spent with BlueGreen and listened to the sales pitch. We aren't a rich family, we make just below the national average, we don't have a lot of debt, so we made a small purchase of 7, 000 points for now and may increase later. The savings far outweigh the payment considering that you are buying into a points concept that lasts the rest of your life. My wife and I talked about it, we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, this was our first vacation in years, and we asked ourselves why, was it the time or money? It was the money, this program allows us pay a little up front and get back a whole bunch later. Now that the money isn't an issue, rest assured we'll make the time to vacation, Orlando and Disney here we come...

We had no pushy salesmen or women, the sales manager was extremly nice and said up front several times during the presentation, this isn't a program for everyone, if you struggle to make payments on a house, a car, a credit card, or food for you and your kids, this program isn't for you and we don't want you to buy now, we want you to take care of home first, then vacation later. He even used examples...

Considering that you get a free vacation, all expenses paid to listen to an 1.5 to 2 hour presentation, it is a pretty good deal. Remember, you're a guest of BlueGreen and its members, so don't treat it as if you're already a member. Wanna complain because your reservation wasn't honored as a guest on the same level as a member, become a member, then have a right to complain. ;) Otherwise take the good with the bad...

As a new BlueGreen member, but a guest and prospective member who stayed in their resorts for a 2 night 3 day vacation, I suggest you give it a shot... Remember, everyone complains when things go wrong, but not everyone speaks up with things go right... There are only 3 or 4 stories I've found that were negative towards the BlueGreen guest vacation, neither of them, in my opinion, seem to warrant bad mouthing the company, unexpected issues? Sure, but nothing so bad it should scare anyone away from at least taking a great free vacation.

Good Luck,
          Gary

Bluegreen Corporation — rip off

I bought 8000 Bluegreen Vacation club points at Big Cedar Wilderness Club two years ago in Ridgedale, MO...

Bluegreen Resortsscam and fraud

For all those who have written and complained about Bluegreen we may have found a way to stop them.

Please contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) by phone...tell them what your situation with Bluegreen...they said the more people that call they will be able to act on it. Please let me know if you do!!!

About a Company, an Organization, or a Business Practice
        600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
        Washington, DC 20580

• Di
            disgusted May 30, 2009

I intend to file a complaint with the FTC. We are in teh same boat. Lied to at the presentation. Told we could bank points, when I tried I was told I didn't call soon enough. Everytime you go through an update the rules cahnge. What sounded like a great vacation plan has turned into a NIGHTMARE!

Joanne McNeil Apr 28, 2009

We are a victim of Bluegreen-Have been thru the whole nitemare of {to name a few}not being able to use our investment as presented to us in Branson, Mo. bought in 2o04-could not use {our } condo in our designated time -mega calls finally got it and drove from Gulfshores, Al to Mo. and our unit was rented-we had Confirm. nxt. A.M. 0 min. update=3 hr. sales pitch buy+points furious when walked out-Carolina Grande Myrtle Beach, N.C. could not get 2 bdrm. unit we were promised we would have in all, B.G. owned Fac., not even an adj. unit.said no adj. got there no parking in Carolina GrandeCondo.park in adj. Bldg.{WE QUIT CLAIMED IT TO BG IN NOV. O8 BECAUSE OF FAILURE TO PERFORMAND NOW BG HAS FORE CLOSED AFTER THE FACT AND SENT THIS FALSE INFO TO THE CREDIT BUREAU'S OUR CREDIT WAS DEC. O8 760=ME 760
            HUBBY 770-I am 71 he is 64, I DISPUTED THIS TO NO AVAIL, NOT THRU]over 100 calls to Bg. during the course of these years now have found class action law suits by Attn gen. office of Pa. and Mo. and have informed Attn. Gen..Al. that Bass Pro has moved in and is selling time shares in Spanish Fort, Al.FLORIDA ATTN. GEN.OFFICE DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE-PINNACCLE A BG. COMP.WILLNOT SHOW PROOF OF ADV. TO SELL=3YRS=BG SAYSYOU CANNOT SELLYOURSELF THIS IS FROM JOANNE MCNEIL=THIS IS THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG CAN'T CHANGE THIS FORMAT-SO PUT ADD. INFO IN THIS PLACE SORRY

- hotel not finished no elevator working, pool not complete, apt. not complete, sent us to motel across st. pool not opened.People that got the adj. room smoked and there was no transom under adj. rm. door and the smoke filled our rm. and blew in from their deck that had a sm. Div. .we.left days early.Pinnacle never had it listed to sell, after

• Ar
            Arijana Mar 30, 2009

I'll do it right away, i'm getting tored of these big companies ripping simple consumers. Thank you,
            I filed complain with better business bureau and attorney general of Florida, please do the same.

Bluegreen Resortsripped off

We bought 10000 points at a BlueGreen Resort in Pigeon Forge, TN. At our 1st visit the accomadations were not suited for handicap as we had been promised they would be, so we upgraded to 14, 000 points in order to be guaranteed handicap parking and suite. We made reservations for some friends of ours and they were stuck in a none handicap room 1/2 way between the elevators. We complained and were "invited" to Atlanta to discuss our dissatisfaction. At this meeting in August of 2008 we were again guaranted handicap facilites with easy elevator access and again we purchased an addition 3000 points now giving us 17, 000 points with all costs except yearly maintainence dues included in monthly charge. Now we have received "Club" dues charge with late fee. Never saw one before 12/20/08. Tried to call the guaranteed number of the people in Atlanta and their telephones are disconnected. Go Figure!!! Surprise, surprise. This outfit is a complete ripoff, but once you sign a contract you can not get out of it. They will not even talk to us about giving back out 17, 000 points with no further payments due. Wonder is bankruptcy will get rid of these money suckers with no morals and no conscious?

shu Apr 12, 2010

John Carl is full of CRAP!
              If you are retired, and have all the time in the world to go to a resort at a crappy time of the year, or at the last minute then yes, absolutly you'd be happy. These ### pray on hard working middle class WORKING!!! families by selling "FLEXIBILITY, AVAILABILTY, AFFORDABILITY". They know for a fact it doesn't work that way. YET, they lie their A$$es off just to get that commission check. These ### are bottom feeding puss trolls.

Bluegreen will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract. Anyone who gets on here and cries about "Well you should have read your contract" is one of those parasites trying to distract anyone reading this thread from the truth. Bluegreen is nothing more than a nest of thieves and liars.

One last thing...John Carl, If you are so pleased with Bluegreen...why in the hell are you at complaintsboard.com posting???? Suspect John Carl...very suspect.

John carl Mar 19, 2010

Everything is in writing and crystal clear when I purchased. I'm shocked to read some of the things I have because it has been the complete opposite experience for me. BLUE GREEN is the best of the best!!! But with a company as big as blue green there is always a few people trying to scam them and sue them for no valid reason. Somebpeople just trying to get something for nothing. Last time I checked you had to be 18 to enter legal document. So in other words an adult who can read and understand what they are buying. I don't believe in " I got pressured to buy". Ummmm your a freakin adult who make grown up desicions. If you can't afford it later. That's your fault not theirs. If I go buy a rolls Royce I can't afford. It's my fault not the dealers!! Duh!!!

• Ar
              Arijana Mar 30, 2009

Hi, I'm a victim jsut like you are. When we bought it, they promised to buy it back when we want to get rid of. Now they are telling us, they don't offer resale program. I filled complaint with better business bureau and with attorney general of Florida, please go to their websites. If enought people complain to officials maybe somebody will take actions, i know i have signed contract, but what i get from him that's not the product i thought i'm buying.

Bluegreen Vacation Clubawful company

A person will call you up on the phone saying, 'you've won 4 roundtrip air tickets with a value of up to 3900.00$' All you have to do is come to Bluegreen to pick them up. Well, when you get there, it's a timeshare sale. They got pissed at us because we kept saying 'NO', and we were treated like crap.

The 'free' airline tickets, you must reserve a room of their choice at a unreasonable price, you are extremely limited on where you can and can't go, when you can travel and they are only good for a very short amount of time.
            What I was told when they called me and what actually happened was WAY off!!! If they call you, it's not even worth it unless you ARE looking to buy a timeshare.

• Lo
                Lord Mankinholes Feb 25, 2009

So why did you go

maybe it was because you thought you could get something for nothing.
                Well there is no such thing as a free lunch so come on you must have expected to be sold something even if you did not know Bluegreen was timeshare.

Why do people go to these kind of presentations blind, with the www at you fingertips a couple of mins would have given you all the info you needed.

Bluegreen Resortsno food and no rest

My husband and I fell victims to Bluegreen in June 2005. We were lied to at the presentation. We were told that purchasing Bluegreen is just like purchasing any other real estate; the property will appreciate and we would be given a deed. We were told that if we didn't like it we could sell it for more than we bought it for and they would sell it for us if we wanted. We were told that we could vacation anywhere we wanted and at any time we wanted. We were also told that the maintenance fees were about $600 and if we like, we could rent our points out to pay those fees and they would take care of the rental details for us as well. All lies.

We arrived for the presentation at 11 a.m. on a Saturday. We hadn't eaten but planned on getting lunch after the 90 minute presentation. After 4 and a half hours, we signed and were released. During the signing, we were exhausted and hungry. They refused my request to take the documents home to look over before signing. This is the same tactic cults use to recruit members. No food and no rest.

The 'property' we purchased is not worth what we paid. We cannot sell it. We do not have a deed but instead, a copy of a deed. We can't go where and when we want. In fact we can never go to Florida at Christmastime because our points arrive on June 18th which is only 6 months before December and Christmas reservations must be made eleven months in advance and our points are only 'high red' for twelve months. Our maintenance fees are now over $900 per year. Bluegreen can't sell the 'property' for us but put us in touch with Pinnacle, a resale company who charged us $39 and has not produced an offer to purchase our 'property'. We also listed with another company for $699 and have had no offers. Bluegreen's rental program is discontinued due to 'Lack of interest'.

This deception is in direct violation of the Michigan Consumer Protection Act but how do you prove that they lied to us? Are there any former timeshare salespeople out there who would testify to the deception practiced in the field? Immunity promised of course. Are there enough people out there who feel the way we do about Bluegreen so we can band together and make our voice louder than theirs?

Someone referred to timeshare ownership as a black hole. I'm there, with no light in sight. Help. I can't think of anyone I dislike enough to even give this 'property' to.

• Ba
                  Barbara Schalk Feb 27, 2013

I purchased in 2005 and have lived a nightmare ever since. I hope and pray that someone in the very near future will find a way to help us who no longer want to be owners, get relief. The contract appears to be iron clad.

• Wo
                  wood 234 May 26, 2010

hello im in same boat i couldnt give it away either ive tried to sell at half price even it is a dumb idea to get a time share frome bluegreen they are scamers and i was to dubm to understand cause they tellin u all this exciting things that wont ever hapen i havent used mine because it wont work when i want to use it only in winter or boring places u find some one to buy urs ask em if they have a brother or sister il sell mine haha

shu Apr 14, 2010

Bluegreen is singly the most unethical, immoral and desestible company in business today. Their sales sluts will use high pressure and out right lies to sucker people in. Then...after you've signed your name to their contract you discover on page 4 of the public offering Bluegreen is not liable for any promises made by their sales agents. Unbelievable. These parasites are without questions the lowest form of trash.

You will not get any of what your told, or shown your going to get...none of it.

They will steal your money and if you refuse to pay they will ruin your credit and threat YOU with legal action...that is incredible. What a band of puss trolls.

• Derrick Nov 24, 2009

I had a timeshare with Bluegreen, I sold it, I lost a lot of money, but I gained money
                  I bought my timeshare when it was owned by Airtours, it was fine until Bluegtreen bought it and everything went up
                  So now I use hotels, its very good, I book my hotel, I pay for it, I use it, no further payments required
                  I weighed it up with what I got from a timeshare and what I get from a Hotel
                  A hotel
                  I get room service
                  I get fresh towels each day
                  I get my bed made up and turned down each day
                  My room is cleaned each day
                  I usually get a VERY good resturant on site, not just a coffee bar/snack bar
                  I dont get a bill every year for maintainence
                  I can get a hotel anywhere and any time I want
                  I get from a timeshare
                  NO room cleaned each day
                  NO bed make up/turn down
                  NO room service
                  NO resturant on site
                  NO clean towels each day
                  I have to share the resort with very loud kids and drunks, there are no quiet areas
                  I DO get a BIG bill each year (usually the cost above the hotels I have stayed in)
                  I cant book when and where I want, unless it at least 6 months in advance
                  I do get a whole apartment (but its a waste, its just my wife and I)

I'm glad I sold my timeshare and have nothing to do with Bluegren any more

It doesnt matter where the resort is, you still have to get there, so I havent included the airfare in my prices

This year, I stayed in the Dominican Republic, all inclusive, 2 weeks, it cost me $720.00
                  I stayed in Sri Lanka, all inclusive, 3 weeks, that cost me $900.00, but I did get an upgrade
                  I had 'free' food', 'free drinks, ' free' tours, a nice beach (in both locations) plenty of service
                  Non of these places are in the RCI or BlueGreen books (I know they werent FREE, I paid for them, but the more I ate and the more I drank and the more tours I took, the cheaper my holidays were)

I had a great time and I am not expecting a maintainence bill this Christmas or New Year

No one will ever sell me another timeshare, but as long as they give me FREE tickets or $80 to go to a presentation I'll go along, all you people that own a timeshare are paying for me to attend, so keep buying and paying those bills each year, I want your money/tickets

Sell your timeshare, go to all the presentations you can get as much as you can from them, but NEVER, NEVER buy again (you will lose money selling your timeshare, may as well get some back by going to the presentations)

Keep moaning about your timeshare, your bills arent going to get any smaller and when you die, your kids will own it, I bet they will really thank you for that monkey on their back,

Maybe you people that own timeshare tell me what you actually get ?
                  I'll counter each positive with a negative,
                  C'mon, what do you have to lose ?

CUT YOUR Losses and get rid of it

Joanne McNeil Apr 28, 2009

Get in touch with your Atrtorney Gen. there are people from 6 states like you call tollfree for attorney gen offic e in Pa. class action Against Bluegreen 5600= for $20000=$40000//Mo. attny Gen. on going//Michigan the same//Minn the same -get busy and file in each state-//even when a state doesn't want them they get there foot in the door thru their comp. Bass Pro-Shop as they have in Alabama

• Al
                  alhandymn Feb 08, 2009

We also bought Blugreen corp. we had 30 days to cancle we called them and they said it could not be canceled we would have to sell.. Asdke if they would sell they said yes, Got a email about 2 weeks later stating it was sold.. about 60 days later I went to buy a new truck and found Bluegreen corp on my credit as nonpayment.. now my credit is screwed and can't get anything done about it

• Derrick Feb 01, 2009

I have been getting a few emails from people here asking how I sold my timeshare points, I cant reply to them as I dont have your email address, IF you send me an email, please send your address
                  I wont send you spam, but I will send you the emails I received and the address of the people who bought them
                  Thanks
                  Derrick

• St
                  stan george Jan 26, 2009

We were convinced that this was the most ecconomical way and easy way to vacation. We have not been able to take a vacation as of yet due to "all booked up". We have listed our time share with Pinnacle with not one buyer. What a big mistake we made. I would pay someone to take it. Are there any more idiots like me?

[email protected]

• Ji
                  jim Baldwin Nov 21, 2008

I used to be a sales rep for a sales center in Myrtle Beach untill i realized i ripping people off. If you have any questions for me i would be glad to help! Just send me an email at [email protected]

Bluegreen Vacation Resortsbluegreen vacation resorts

After being an owner for 1 year and having vacation plans rejected a total of 11 times we are selling our property. At this point we just want to break even and get out of this scam. I think Bluegreen Vacation Resorts is one big scam. We were told one thing when we signed up only to be told by someone else that wasn't true. We have tried 11 times to book vacations and were told ALL 11 times that there were no vacancies. We gave them multiple places and still No Vacancies. We were told at the time of signing up we could book vacations in a little as two days. Maybe - but you certainly won't be going anywhere you want to go. Every time we have tried to book we are advised that we need to book at least 6 months in advance. So for grins, I called to book 8 months in advance to 6 different places only to be told there were no vacancies. Why are there no vacancies? Bluegreen holds a number of units for their corporate clients. So if the property has several bookings Bluegreen will put a hold on x amount of units. BUT Bluegreen is very happy to take money out of my acccount each month and I'm getting nothing in return.
                So, if anyone out there gets a call for a two night stay and all you have to do is listen to a presentation - DON'T BOTHER!! What they say in the sales pitch sounds good, but it doesn't come true. They say what you want to hear, but in reality it isn't the way it works.

shu May 19, 2010

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
                    Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.
                    Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor].

• Vi
                    vivaw5900 Jun 24, 2009

You're so right, its a scam and just don't get into the scam of selling your timeshare or points because that is a scam itself. I believe Bluegreen has cover its ### from almost every angle...including owning the collection agancy, the sale your time share agencies, plus most of the small print in the contract is to collect more money in every angle they examples: fees for whatevery they can think of to charge You...

Pearl Feb 23, 2009

We are in the same boat as you, my husband has been laid off and our income is only 1/3 of what it was when we bought. We are in the process of letting ours go back. They haven't really hassled us and that scares the begeebers out of me. I am wandering if they are going to be the silent destructive types. Our credit is already ruined (i realize it is our fault for non payment) and our credit cards have lowered our limits and raised our interest rates due to all of this. But we are at the point it is either keep our home and utilities and let Bluegreen go, or suffer losingit all .
                    We are listed with 4 places trying to sell but no one wants these stupid points.

Good luck

• Mi
                    mike Dec 02, 2008

I feel like bluegreen corp has taken me for a money ride with suckering me into buying this crap with there tell you what you want to hear its all good scam artist sellsman!!Not to mention the high interest rates.I was just wondering if any body feels the same way I do about bluegreen vac.and if so please email me.If this goes to bluegreen corp. I have paid my payments every month on time but have been layed off and would like to solve this in a professional way if were able?I take pride in paying my bills (on time)and having a good credit score, but I may not have a choice but to let it go back and would like to know if I did let it go back what consequences would I face?

Bluegreen Vacation Clubfraud and scam

My wife and I went to a owners update in Dec. 2005 and were persuaded to buy another ownership to increase our points. We were reluctant to buy the second ownership but were told by our salesman that bluegreen would help us sell it if we didn't need it.

I called Bluegreen a few minutes ago to sell and was told that they don't do that. Public BEWARE.

• Ri
                      Risen4me Aug 13, 2012

The same thing happened to us! Even had us sign a paper stating that we would give them first rights to buy it back!! Convinced us we would never be able to sell our points the way they were because they were purchased with the "old" owner of bluegreen, before things had been improved. It is truly sad how people can lie that way!

• Ki
                      kimberlywilliams1570 Nov 23, 2011

In June 2009 I was in a Bass Pro Shop in Westminster Colorado, and found the sales agents selling a $99 weekend vacation in Vegas and other locations. July 26, 2009 was our tour date, and we were to spend 1.5 hours at the tour – however this lasted for 5 hours! In the end we decided to purchase a Bluegreen ownership because we have been planning on traveling to Italy, Greece, Spain, and all around the world for the rest of our lives. They said we could go to all these places for $169 per week after the purchase our lifetime 1-time membership of $26.000. They said we would spend at least $7, 000 on each vacation we talked about without a Bluegreen membership, so owning a Bluegreen membership would purportedly save us a lot of money.

During the presentation, we fell victim to a variety of material misrepresentations, which we only later found to be false. We were told that we would receive 20, 000 points a year that could be used at RCI as well, and that our timeshare was a real estate investment, which would appreciate in value over time. We were also told that new nearby developments would drive up the price of our timeshare in the near future, and that we could easily sell (or rent) our timeshare for a profit. We were also told that we would be able to exchange our property location and go anywhere without paying any fee other than the $169 booking fee. The sales representatives told us that Bluegreen representatives would act as our travel agents, and that they had monitors which displayed specific client travel times and potential airline accommodations as well as car rentals. We were told that Bluegreen agents would also have all of our offers loaded into a database profile, which would allow them to choose the best offer for us to use for a specific trip.

We were also told that we would be able to refinance our timeshare at a local bank, but later discovered that banks don’t refinance timeshare loans. We were also told that we would be able to write off timeshare interest or the timeshare itself on our taxes, but later discovered that this is an exception only made for vacation homes, and that timeshares don’t belong to this classification. We were told that our 20, 000 point plan would grant us far more amenities than it actually did. The sales representatives claimed that resorts were available al the time, and that we didn’t need to plan our vacations more than two-three months in advance for any resort. The representatives also claimed that we would be granted three extra two-week vacations for free, one of which was a yacht vacation. These vacations never materialized.

We told the representatives that we wanted to take a group with us in 2010 to Mexico or Hawaii for Scott’s 40th birthday. They assured us this was definitely going to happen; that we would have no waiting period and the timeframe was long enough. So I called after I got my ID number to book this trip and the representatives I talked to at Bluegreen laughed when I repeated what I was told at the presentation would happen: that they had my profile and could tell me what was the best to use, and that there were big screens in the office showing all of the various flights and vacation areas available to me. There was no availability at any Hawaii resort for 1.5 years; and if I booked it I had to use it or lose the points. This was in stark contrast to the specific promise made by the sales representatives at the time of sale. We were told that Bluegreen representatives would aid us in booking a vacation that was guaranteed to be available, yet there was no availability and we were laughed at by representatives over the phone.

I decided to transfer 8, 000 points to RCI so we could go to Mexico with our friends as planned. When I tried to book this trip, I was told that the all inclusive resort would cost $1500-$3500 per person per week! The cost to book the trip was $169. After three days, if we decided we couldn’t go, we would lose the $169! None of the resorts that were affordable were even available for a year. We had been told at the presentation that the only cost for a week at any resort would be the $169 booking fee. We had been told that there would be no other fees. We would never have purchased this timeshare if we had known that we would not be able to book reservations at any time we wanted, and that we would be subject to fees far beyond what we were told we would be responsible for paying per vacation.

no attorney generals office wants to accept responcibility. they point the finger to the next office! I want to be part of a class action law suit.

Sarah Bell Jan 29, 2019

@kimberlywilliams1570 This is 100% what happened to my husband and I we were told that we could use our points for RCI as well... Only to find out that our points could convert but then we would also have to pay RCI an exchange fee and they didn't have any resorts available for the time we could go. We spent more the 5 hours at the first presentation.
                      We are roped in by we will give you this and that and throw this in and that in. when it came to send the vouchers in it was another fee. Every time we went to club 36 to stay we always had to go to a time share review which in other words they roped us into more points. Which foolishly we did. We were told if we didn't then the price of points would go up and wouldn't be locked in the lower point price. And that the maintenance fees would be cheaper as well. And also that we could refinance or get a loan through a bank which was a HUGE LIE!! we have been told so many lies it's not even funny... Last time we went we did the stupid review and was roped into more points I told them we couldn't afford it and we do not need or want more points, they kept coming back with options and ideas on how it would be so good for us and we can jump to the next level and get all these perks of having the next level available to us.
                      I was crying to my husband and we felt like we had no choice but to give in and get more points. It has been a financial hardship on us and I have been calling Blue-green for the past 3-4 weeks to get a hold of a lady by the name of Anisha Jackson and have left MANY voice mails and she has not called me back once. We called a time share release program and to have them have one of their lawyers take our case to a judge it would cost us $12, 000. yeah ummm we don't have the money for that. I Now can't afford to go on vacation because all that money is going to the payments of Blue green and we can not pay our bills because we are paying over $450 a month and over 1, 500 in fees. Club 36 also keeps claiming that they are building on and that they are upgrading the rooms, but every time we've gone the carpets are super dirty in the hall way, there isn't easy elevator access.. the pool is pretty small compared to Vegas hotel standards. Club 36 is right across the runway of the airport so it is always loud with plains coming and going (which can be fun if you are deaf or love to watch planes the whole time) they have not opened the snack bar by the pool, it was suppose to have treats, sandwiches ect... It hasn't opened once in the 3 years that we have gone. The gym is pretty small as well as the Hot tub it only fits about 5 people, there is not enough places to sit in the pool area and the outside deck is way to hot with not shade umbrellas. The one nice thing about Club 36 is the shuttle to spots on the strip but only picks you up if you can make it on time but if they don't have people that need to go to the drop off spot them you either have to wait for the next drop off which is only once every hour and only one shuttle bus, the bell hop who has been there every time and helped us with the bags, and there is not enough bag carriages for people, you either have to wait down stairs or bring as much as you can haul down every time. Last visit our shower was not putting out much water and it took them forever to come look at it. I was advised that if we ever go again and the review is more then 90 mins that we need to start yelling at the top of our lungs that this is a scam and not to sign up...Also when we have gone to the reviews (when we added more points) during the time they get all the paper work ready they have us leave and get lunch and then come back, never have they offered to take us to lunch even though it was an all day event and by the time we are done with everything you are so damn tired that you just want to go to your room and sleep. They also have you sign up for credit cards for the down payment each time. This place is such a scam and am not happy at all...they want to give you the freedom of vacation and make memories but in reality they stick you with outrageous prices and promises that they never keep. We could have gone on so many trips by now if we weren't with them. We were also told we could use our points for cruises and can go on yachts, air tickets and car rentals. NOT TRUE!! almost two years ago my husband and I went to California for our anniversary and wanted to stay a night in San Diego I called Blue-Green to see if they had a hotel we could get a night stay in, they said yes it would cost us a certain amount of points and also cost over $100 per room.. we took it because it was a last minuet choice. The place that we staid in
                      was loud and when i went into the bathroom to shower there was a spider in the faucet. There is so much more that I can write but will spare you the pain.

• Ca
                      carol100 Feb 09, 2011

bluegreen is a huge scam-can't get a vacation, fees increasing yearly and our local shenandoah crossing just added yurts.a new pool, more campsites and redid the cabins yet we can't rent our time, reserve any time and i guess pay for all the new items even tho' there are many new owners now. has anyone called their attorney generals office ? only if we all complain will something get done..

SHERRYLL ROBERTS May 19, 2009

WE WERE TOLD THE SAME THING IN 2005 AND NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS TIMESHARE. WE HAVE TRIED TO SELL IT THROUGHT TIMESHARES ONLY (BEWARE OF THAT SITE ALSO) THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE IS DONE. :(

• Da
                      DaliaH Feb 25, 2009

I don't think it's BlueGreen's fault, it was the salesperson who gave the wrong information. You should also confirm that or get it in writing. I am a BlueGreen owner and so far I'm happy.

Bluegreenan awful company

I sent this email to Bluegreen, they deleted it and never read it, I just thought I'd post it here, maybe someone at Bluegreen will read it and I hope others take note

Hello Candace (a Bluegreen customer Service agent)
                    Thank you for your reply, sorry for the delay in replying
                    I recently stayed at the Fountains at Oasis Lakes, Orlando (10/03/2008 - 10/18/2008)
                    I tried to fill out the online comment card, but it wouldn't accept my room or reservation number
                    I used to own an apartment there
                    I couldn't use my apartment due to the strange way my points were allocated, so I used the RCI website and saved my points and then booked my vacation
                    I was quite surprised how things had changed there and how some things haven't changed

When we tried to check in, they couldn't find our reservation and we were sent away until 4pm and for them to find our reservation (this was very unusual, the last time we used our apartment, the staff were very helpful and let us store our luggage, and check in as soon as an apartment was available)

When we did arrive back at 4pm, there was none of the cheerful staff from my last visit, it was a rather surly greeting (but this maybe due to the fact we had an exchange)

We got to our apartment and it smelt extremely musty, but that wasn't a big problem, we just aired out the room, opening the balcony doors, we showed our friends around, and while they were very pleased with it, I noticed the furniture and fittings hadn't been upgraded and was worn in places (the furniture was exactly the same as when I first bought it in 1995, What have you spent the maintenance money on ? Certainly not on upgrading or purchasing new furniture or carpets

Anyway, as the day passed and we made our self at home, I saw that you had an in room connection for my laptop, that was very good, but as I found out, the service wasn't very good, I had to phone every day to get a connection, but that wasn't a problem, I could save my work until the reconnection was made, but it was very irksome and annoying to call every day (I am a maintenance manager at Heathrow and needed to keep in touch with on going projects)

We had to ask for a repair in the master bedroom for a ceiling fan, it took 4 days and several phone calls to get it repaired, even though we were told on the first day it was repaired and every day, The electrician eventually turned up at 10pm, one night and repaired it then (I asked for it to be done then as nothing seemed to happen in the daytime while we were out

During the second week a problem developed with the fridge, but wasn't a major problem, we asked if someone could look at it, but no one ever turned up and I never got any message left on the telephone

We had some new balcony furniture left for us, we never got any message that it would be done (but it was a lot better than the cheap plastic stuff we had) and my friends were rather perturbed that someone could just walk in at nearly anytime (the towels and bedding were changed, but nothing like the service I had previously enjoyed when I was an owner there

I went to a 'presentation' while I was there, I didn't want any tickets, or money from it, I just wanted to voice my concerns, and let the sales staff know how my feelings were when I bought (what I thought was an extra week) these points, my week that I had enjoyed for many years was now converted to points, and the so called bonus weeks I was given was useless, as I couldn't use them or book anything for 30 days before travel (very nice if I wanted an out of the way place that no one else wanted )

The sales staff weren't interested in my concerns or what I had to say to them and how things had changed (my week to points and how I couldn't use my apartment) and after 30-40 minutes I was asked to leave, and was told if I said anything to other people staying there or other purchasers, I would be asked to leave the resort, I agreed not to speak to other resort owners, I didn't want to be thrown out with no other hotel booked and I didn't want to embarrass my friends

I didn't find any of the staff helpful and the amenities hadn't changed since my last visit (2 years previously) I found the staff would only do just enough to get by with

I had several packages delivered to The Fountains during my 2 week stay, I never got an phone calls saying they had arrived, I only got that information from the sender

When we were leaving the resort, I spoke to the front desk and told them that I was expecting 2 more packages, that hadn't arrived, and would they forward them on to me in the UK, I gave them my email address, my home address, my contact telephone number

The man on the front desk went away to confirm that this would be okay and record my details, he came back and assured me that it would be fine, and they would forward them on to me, and if any further charges were due I would pay them, if they would let me know what they were via email

I have contacted the senders of the packages, they have arrived, but for some reason they have lost one, (I have had emails to that effect from Philip Russell) I'm still waiting for them to arrive (these have now arrived, it took a month to arrive though, I actually received them today)

It was certainly a different place from when I was an owner, I'm glad I have sold my points, I know I lost money by doing so, BUT I have purchased another weeks vacation from another seller and another resort

There always was a problem with BlueGreen when I tried to book anything, and when I did manage to book anything I always found myself disappointed with my accommodation and the staff (we stayed at the BlueGreen resort in Las Vegas, this was out of the way and was nothing more than a bunch of tower blocks, with no staff in attendance at the pool and there were several drunks and broken bottles around, but I didn't say anything as the drunks were English, and I certainly didn't want to be associated with them

All in all, I found my last stay at the Fountains a very disappointing experience, and I'm glad I wont be staying there or using it in the future

I know now I am no longer a owner or member of BlueGreen, that my email or views wont make any difference to the way the resort is run or the state of the furniture or decoration of the rooms or the attitude of the staff, BlueGreen are only there to make money, and care very little about ex members/owners, after all there will be other people going to the 'presentations' and making purchases, I just felt I had to make my views known

IF I had bought an extra week and not been persuaded by the sales staff to convert to points, I would still be an owner, but I wouldn't go back to The Fountains again (even when it is completed)

I'm really glad I dont have anything further to do with Bluegreen, their customer service leaves much to be desired, in fact they are rude, and not helpful in the slightest

angryandupset Dec 29, 2009

Please let us know how you got out of Bluegreen. Thank you very much !
                        Lydia

Bluegreen Resorts — foreclosure

We re in a financial crisis, my husband has been laid off and our income is now 1/3 what it was. contacted...

Bluegreen Resortsrefuse to help

My husband just got laid off and I contacted the mortage department for some help. We asked if they could refinace at a lower rate (now 10.25%) so we could get a lower more manageable payment. They refused to help and would rather take you into forclosure than to help you keep things good with them. The man was very nice but said Bluegreen policy doesn't allow you to be refinaced with them you would have to go to an outside source which is impossible because no on will finance a timeshare!! So he said that if I would go with out paying for 5 months they would forclose and that would stay on our record for seven years, rather than help. My advice is to never buy a timeshare because it isn't actual property that is of value to you!!

shu Apr 14, 2010

There is an attorney currently taking names of Bluegreen owners who are seeking justice for being scammed. Contact [email protected] for details.

• Ta
                          tandt7800 Apr 08, 2010

I was just told the same thing yesterday. My husband and I were talked into this 4 years ago and now we can't get out og it. The maintenance fee are out of this world. The bill always comes in Nov. When I tried to call to have the date changed they said no. So I have been paying them late every year, but this year was the worst. Money has been tight so I paid them half of what I owed and when I went to pay the other half they sent it into collection. Plus added other $110 for that. When I called to see what I could do they said that I should have called and asked about a payment plan. I have called around to many different companys to sell the timeshare but they want at least $600 to list it. Anyone else having any luck.

• Ta
                          Tanya Nov 17, 2008

Hello, we are in just about the same situation as you. My husbands working hours have been cut back. We have a mortgage for our Bluegreen points through the company. But, with the maintenance fees going up and our income going down...we are in trouble. We are considering closing our bank acount down so that Bluegreen can not deduct any more monthly payments. We just want out!! What has been paid will be lost. We understand that. But, the monthly payment to Bluegreen is a nice chunk of change, that could be used to buy groceries or pay the heating bill. We just don't want to be sued by Bluegreen for not paying them. And then end up having to pay anyway. What do you advise. I'm totally unsure of what to do.

Bluegreen — not being able to use our points

When we purchased our timeshare, everything seemed great. I explained that I was a Teacher and that I can...

Bluegreen Resorts/vaca/timesharescamming too many consumers

Attorney General Corbett announces lawsuits against Florida timeshare & vacation companies accused of advertising, real estate, and telemarketing violations

HARRISBURG - Attorney General Tom Corbett today announced lawsuits today against four Florida-based companies accused of illegally marketing vacation packages, using "free" airline ticket offers and other worthless prizes to lure consumers into aggressive and deceptive timeshare presentations.

Corbett said consumer protection lawsuits were filed against Bluegreen Corporation, Bluegreen Resorts, Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. and Great Vacations Destinations, Inc., all of Boca Raton, Florida. Bluegreen contacted consumers by phone and through kiosks at shopping malls, fairs, and festivals throughout Pennsylvania, and also operates full-time sales facilities in Hershey and King of Prussia.

"Virtually any consumer with a checkbook and a pulse allegedly qualified as a 'winner' in these promotions, " Corbett said. "Unsuspecting consumers who believed they were contest winners were actually drawn into a high pressure bait-and-switch campaign designed to push timeshare vacation packages costing thousands of dollars."

Corbett said more than 5, 700 Pennsylvania residents purchased Bluegreen timeshares, with many paying $20, 000 to $40, 000 or more for packages that violated Pennsylvania's Consumer Protection Law, the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act, the Telemarketer Registration Act and other consumer regulations.

Phony Prizes
                        Corbett said that Bluegreen representatives allegedly called consumers who believed they were entering contests and other promotions promising cars, cash and vacations.

According to the lawsuit, consumers were told that they had not won the "grand prize, " but had been selected to receive other items, like free airline tickets. Consumers were also promised free gasoline and meals when they collected their prize, if they attended a 90 minute timeshare presentation.

Corbett said the lawsuit alleges that consumers who were contacted by Bluegreen were not actually randomly selected prize winners. Instead, virtually everyone who entered the contests was contacted and falsely told that they were a prize winner.

In one case, Corbett said a consumer informed a Bluegreen representative that the person they were trying to reach did not live at that address. The consumer was told that it wasn't a problem - they would give her a prize too.

High Pressure Sales and False Advertising
                        Corbett said that in order to collect their "prizes, " consumers were required to schedule an appointment with a Bluegreen sales representative. In some cases, consumers who believed they would be attending a 90 minute timeshare presentation were actually subjected to relentless marketing pitches that lasted five hours or more.

According to the lawsuit, numerous deceptive statements were made to consumers during these presentations in an effort to get them to sign contracts immediately, including phony claims that prices would increase the next day, misrepresentations about when and where consumers could travel if they made a purchase and false statements about certain fees being waived.

Corbett said that some consumers bought vacation programs because they were told they were entitled to a one-week stay in Hawaii, only to learn afterward that the program they purchased could not be used in Hawaii.

According to the lawsuit, consumers who sat through the timeshare presentations received "prizes" that were nothing like what they had been promised. The "four free airline tickets" were actually booklets that offered two airline tickets with each hotel room reserved, at high prices, in a limited number of cities. In some situations, consumers were required to commit to a 10 night stay at overpriced hotel rates before being able to select a local airport for their flight.

Corbett said "free" gasoline and meals that consumers were promised turned out to be coupons or certificates with lengthy terms and conditions. For instance, consumers who were promised $40 in free gas were required to submit written requests to obtain a series of gas coupons. The coupons required consumers to pay for their gas first and then mail a receipt for reimbursement, with each coupon limited to a $5 purchase, with no more than one purchase per month.

Illegal Contracts
                        Corbett's said contracts used by Bluegreen failed to properly inform consumers of their right to cancel their purchase. Pennsylvania law requires that consumers have five days to cancel any timeshare or campground purchase. Bluegreen is also accused of violating a state law that requires all consumer contracts to be written in easy-to-understand terms.

Do Not Call Violations
                        According to the lawsuit, Bluegreen made numerous calls to consumers who were on Pennsylvania's Do Not Call list, allegedly basing those calls on referrals from other customers. Additionally, the companies are accused of making repeated calls to consumers who clearly told them not to call again.

"Bluegreen took advantage of hardworking Pennsylvania residents eager to find an affordable getaway, " Corbett said. "Using deceptive contests, relentless sales presentations and misleading contracts, consumers were pressured into paying thousands of dollars for vacation packages that don't meet their needs or their budgets."

Corbett said the lawsuits seek restitution for consumers who suffered financial losses because of these deceptive or illegal practices.

Additionally, Corbett says the lawsuit asks the court to void all illegal consumer contracts and give consumers the right to cancel any agreement that did not include the state-required notice of cancellation.

The lawsuit also seeks up to $1, 000 in civil penalties for each violation of the Consumer Protection Law, or up to $3, 000 for each violation involving a senior citizen.

The lawsuits were filed in Commonwealth Court, in Harrisburg, by Senior Deputy Attorney General David Sumner of the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Corbett says the investigation began after consumers contacted his office to report these practices. He encouraged other consumers who have problems with Bluegreen to file a complaint by calling the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline at [protected] or submit an online consumer complaint.

A personal note from the filer of this new info:
                        PLEASE DO THIS AT ONCE- this may be a time sensitive issue. You may be able to recover ALL or at least part of the money that you've lost to these scammers. I'm SO GLAD that the Atty. General in PA is intent on holding this company responsible for it's deceptive business practices. Good luck to those of you who have fallen victim to Bluegreen. I hope the outcome is to your satisfaction
                        Many Blessings,
                        Robin A. Collins

Bluegreen Corporation — fraud!!!

Buying a timeshare has been THE biggest mistake of my life. In the sales pitch room, I felt like I was being...

Bluegreen Resortspoor customer service

When purchased, I selected the auto withdrawal from my account. Evidently, they didn't get all of the information at the time. They failed to withdraw the monthly fee, then increased the interest percentage (and the amount) and said there was nothing that they would do because they sent me two letters that I should have responded to. They said that they did what they were supposed to do and that I was at fault.

They don't know the first thing about customer service. I am very very sorry that I ever got involved with these scam artists.

• Lo
                              London-Ky Dec 24, 2009

We recently went to Laurel Crest for a couple of days away, and to be with family and friends, and of course shop. My step-daughter owns a timeshare there. She booked 6 units for the family3 months ago. We thought we would be all together.WRONG.We were all in seperate buildings. So to eat together, we had to carry our hot food past 2 other building. We didn't have an ice machine in our building. The one in the closest building was tore up. The chlorine in the pool was so strong that the childrens eyes were hurting and burning.( we all know you can't keep children out of the indoor pool, if there is one around). The rules state that you can't have a skate board on the property. Yet at different times all night long you could hear them rolling up and down the walkway. You could hear televisions allnight. We even heard someone next door snoring. But in spite of all the aggravation, we still had a good time.

• Ro
                              RobinAnn Collins Nov 02, 2008

Please file a complaint with your local Attorney General's Office. If enough people do this, they will be forced to look into Bluegreen's business practices. Then, they will probably file suit against them just at Tom Corbett's Office did here in Pennsylvania.
                              I believe there is also one underway in Michigan. File papers with the BBB also, just make sure that you follow-up with them and sent in all required paperwork. The BBB is a paid for endorsement. It is not EARNED as they would lead us all to believe. So, when you find that someone is a member of the BBB, don't be impressed. They PAID much money for that membership! Isn't that a shame?
                              But, file a complaint anyway. You have nothing to lose but a few minutes of your time and if enough consumers do this they will HAVE to respond as they did in PA

I wish you the best of luck, always!

Bluegreen Resortsfraud and scam

I've been a Bluegreen owner for almost 5 years and my Mant. fees have gone up every year. Last year they went up from $700.00 a year to $1, 100.00 a year and this year to $1, 230.00 I'm so fed-up with this that I'm going to sell this mess but who would buy it. I haven't been able to get a real answer as to why they go up every year but I'm sure Bluegreen isn't going to change a thing. They just keep gouging us with lame excuses. Pissed off in MI. Dave C.

• So
                                Solomon & Penny Dec 01, 2008

Do Not Buy unless you want to be sorry.

Pearl Nov 13, 2008

Good luck in selling, we have ours listed with 5 different firms that said " Oh Bluegreen is very desirable and we can probably sell it in 90 days or less!!" Well that was 2 years ago and not one nibble. I agree with the maint. fees ours are now up to 1443.00 with no explaination!! I entered a complaint about them not helping you when in need like the sweet talkers said they would!!

Hopefully these comments will keep someone else from making the same mistakes we have.

Best of luck to yo

Bluegreen Resortsgood company

We have been owners with Bluegreen Resorts for 7 years. We could not be more satisfied with this company and it is everything that it claims to be. you do have to know the rules and book your trips in advance since availability during peak seasons is limited. We could never stay at the really nice resorts because they were just to expensive! The bluegreen places are beautiful and so clean! tons of activities for the kids and the staff members are top notch!

As far as the sales presentations, they are certainly pushy but they are just doing their job! you have to learn to be firm and say no when something is out of your reach! Just say no! works for me! I just go to get my free gifts! we have never stayed or been trapped by then for more than 80-90 minutes. I just use that time to catch up on all the changes and new properties! I have given travel gifts to my parents and my in-laws for christmas gifts, and traded using RCI with no trouble whatsoever!

Good luck and happy travels with Bluegreen!

• Ha
                                  Happy Owners Jul 03, 2015

We have also been Bluegreen owners for more than 10 years and couldn't be happier. I agree, you have to know the rules and use them, but we have taken more trips and had such great accommodations that we would not have been able to afford otherwise. We have given many trips to our family members as well with our points. Our son and daughter-in-law have been to Aruba twice on Bluegreen points, we have traded Bluegreen points for RCI points and stayed at some of their facilities. We have used our Choice Privileges opportunities with points. We could not be happier with our purchase into Bluegreen. I am so sorry that so many people here feel they have had such an awful experience. These experiences do not sound anything like the experiences we have had. I am NOT a Bluegreen Employee, just an owner for more than 10 years.

• Rs
                                  rste May 03, 2010

This person is definitely a Bluegreen employee.

• Ba
                                  Barbara Hoskins Feb 10, 2009

Hey!!! This ferdinand person who has no complaints about bluegreen,
                                  obviously doesn't mind paying outrageous amounts of money for their
                                  week. Maybe they will be posting their complaint next time their maintenance goes up to over $1200 for one year, we can get 2 weeks in a villa for this price. I agree with Mysti, i think this person might be a Bluegreen sales person.

• My
                                  Mysti Nov 24, 2008

After all the BAD reviews, I have to wonder...are you really owners???or could you possibly be part of their company???

Pearl Nov 13, 2008

I am glad to see someone happy with bluegreen, you have to be the first I have seen. I am trying to sell my points because I can no longer afford all the fees. We tried to get it refinance due to my husband getting laid off but they won't help, they would rather go into foreclosure than help us out, so if you know someone that would like to purchase 26, 000 points we will give them a heck of a deal. We have it listed with 5 different companies to try to sell but in 2 years not a single nibble!!! so I am offering you or anyone you know that would like to become part of the "Bluegreen Experience" 26000 points for $32000.00 that is only $1.23 per point, a heck of a deal if you can afford it and will use it. let our loss be a joy for someone else!! We can even get them financing at @ 7% with one of the companies we have it listed with! (but they won't refi to us ;(

Didn't do this to harrass you, just thought the help of a happy member would be better than a business!!

Bluegreen Resorts — scam and lies

This past June, my husband and I went with our four young children to the "Fishing Store" (a.k.a. Bass Pro...