Black & Decker Leaf Hog / Faulty product!

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I am a very dissatisfied customer with Lowe's and Black & Decker. I am dissatisfied with Lowe's only because this isn't the first product I've had a problem with. They should do a better job screening the products they sell. That's my only beef with Lowe's. They are a fantastic business otherwise.

About a year and a half ago I purchased a Leaf Hog from my local Lowes (East Dallas off NW Hwy). On my second use, the motor burned out and it didn't work any more. I took it to Lowe's but they told me to contact B&D. I contacted B&D and was told to take the Leag Hog to a Service Center in Garland, TX. I did. I left it with the technician and within a couple of weeks received a new Leaf Hog. On using the Leaf Hog for the first time, it burned out. I called B&D back and they sent me another new Leaf Hog. The same thing happened. I may have done this one more time. I don't recall. Finally, I was so upset I threw out the defective Leaf Hog, went to Home Depot and purchased a new Toro leaf blower. It works great.

The product was recalled but Customer Service didn't know that and I only found out after I stumbled upon it on their website. Shame on you Black & Decker for your poor internal communications. You've lost this customer for life.

William Long, Dallas, TX.

Comments

• St
      4th of Nov, 2008

Country:
    Company Phone
    314-869-1515
    Incident
    I bought a black & Decker leaf hog, on 9-27-07, On 9-28, it completely stopped working. The unit was used a total of 4 times.
    Damage Resulting
    I have a piece of equipment that is not working. After calling the number on my receipt I got a message stating to send back to the company and pay for service and labor at my expense. I thought N B&D was such high quality. They are off the list with me

• To
      18th of Oct, 2010

My first leaf hog from black and decker lasted 20 days before it died. Took it back to Lowe's and got a replacement at the store. The second one lasted 10 days before it began sparking like crazy in the motor. Seriously, it looks like there are tiny little welders in there trying to assemble an aircraft carrier. This is a total crock. Not only because the product is junk, but because I wasted a whole day messing with it when I could've been sucking up leaves. Bottom line---my yard is STILL full of leaves and now I've got to mess with the black and decker folks to get another defective unit.