Having problems with Black & Decker?

1800 338 002 (Australia)
+1 800 544 6986 (USA and Canada)
+44 175 351 1234 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
+43 16 620 080 (Austria)
+41 266 749 393 (Switzerland)
+65 63 097 266 (Singapore)
+82 15 770 933 (South Korea)
+66 22 209 944 (Thailand)
701 E Joppa Rd

ul. Prosta 68, 00-838 Warszawa, Polska

Portugal
paço de Arcos e Caixas - 2770 071 Paço de Arcos – Portugal

Romania
Phoenicia Business Center, Turturelelor Street, β„– 11A, 7th Floor, Modules 20-21, 030882, Bucharest, Romania

Spain
C/ Berguedà, número 1 - Edificio Muntadas, oficina 6 - Parc de Negocis Mas Blau - 08820 El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona), Spain

Sweden
Box 94, SE-431 22 Mölndal, Sweden

Switzerland
Gewerbezone Seeblick, 3213 Kleinbösingen

China
8/F, Lujiazui Fund Building, β„– 101, Zhulin Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, 200122, China

Japan
1-11-22 Minami Ikebukuro Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-0022 Tokyo Mountains Ikebukuro Building 4th Floor

Thailand
280 Charoenkrung Road, Sampanthawong Bangkok

Complaints & Reviews

faulty product!

I am a very dissatisfied customer with Lowe's and Black & Decker. I am dissatisfied with Lowe's only because this isn't the first product I've had a problem with. They should do a better job screening the products they sell. That's my only beef with Lowe's. They are a fantastic business otherwise.

About a year and a half ago I purchased a Leaf Hog from my local Lowes (East Dallas off NW Hwy). On my second use, the motor burned out and it didn't work any more. I took it to Lowe's but they told me to contact B&D. I contacted B&D and was told to take the Leag Hog to a Service Center in Garland, TX. I did. I left it with the technician and within a couple of weeks received a new Leaf Hog. On using the Leaf Hog for the first time, it burned out. I called B&D back and they sent me another new Leaf Hog. The same thing happened. I may have done this one more time. I don't recall. Finally, I was so upset I threw out the defective Leaf Hog, went to Home Depot and purchased a new Toro leaf blower. It works great.

The product was recalled but Customer Service didn't know that and I only found out after I stumbled upon it on their website. Shame on you Black & Decker for your poor internal communications. You've lost this customer for life.

William Long, Dallas, TX.

• St

Country:
    Company Phone
    314-869-1515
    Incident
    I bought a black & Decker leaf hog, on 9-27-07, On 9-28, it completely stopped working. The unit was used a total of 4 times.
    Damage Resulting
    I have a piece of equipment that is not working. After calling the number on my receipt I got a message stating to send back to the company and pay for service and labor at my expense. I thought N B&D was such high quality. They are off the list with me

• To
    totoro-dave Oct 18, 2010

My first leaf hog from black and decker lasted 20 days before it died. Took it back to Lowe's and got a replacement at the store. The second one lasted 10 days before it began sparking like crazy in the motor. Seriously, it looks like there are tiny little welders in there trying to assemble an aircraft carrier. This is a total crock. Not only because the product is junk, but because I wasted a whole day messing with it when I could've been sucking up leaves. Bottom line---my yard is STILL full of leaves and now I've got to mess with the black and decker folks to get another defective unit.

Resolved waste of money

Black and Decker - www.blackanddecker.com

I have had several poor experiences with Black and Decker products. I have chosen appliances by Black and Decker based on price and visual satisfaction. The blender I purchased broke within six months. The food processor that I bought just last month just broke tonight. I am almost glad that it broke... It was so difficult to use in the first place. The locking function needs some work. I do not want to spend my money replacing products that should have longevity! Please look elsewhere before wasting your money on these products.

• Di
    Diane Nusbaum Oct 04, 2007

I am very disappointed in the Black and Decker Power Pro ll. The first time I used it I found it almost impossible to latch and unlatch the lid. After several attempts the flimsy little latch tabs on the bowl snapped off. The processor is now totally useless and was a complete waste of money. Black and Decker used to have a very good reputation but with this poorly designed product it will certainly not be selling many food processors.

very bad designed product

I purchased a black & Decker BV4000 Type l l20Vac 60142 Blower and Vac from Home Depot a couple years ago and from day one the vac bag will not stay tightly attached and the debri blows all over operator and into air. You replaced this bag once, but now it is not working again. Have you improved this product and since the replacements aren't working, am I entitled to a discount on a better product?

Please advise as this is an excellent idea but a very bad designed product.

Resolved what happened to black & decker?

Black & Decker used to mean quality in home appliances and you could feel good about purchasing their products. This Quick N Easy food processor is garbage.

Cheap, poorly manufactured plastic pieces and nobody gave any thought to the "convenient" spout which spews product all over the counter when you try to use it. Maybe if you had a container the size of the kitchen sink to catch whatever you're trying to shred...

The main problem, however, is the locking lid. Cheap, cheap, cheap! Fine for processing with the blade in the bowl, but the tiny plastic latch BROKE the first time I tried to shred mozzarella. No pressure on my part, mind you, just the pressure of the cheese upward SNAPPED that latch.

I've only owned this thing for 2 months. Really disappointed in Black & Decker. I have no doubt the motor will continue to run forever, but what good is it? The replacement part costs as much as the original appliance! Now I will spend considerably more on a different brand with better track record and customer service.

What happened to Black & Decker?

Chumley Smithers Sep 19, 2007

Would you buy a drill from Oster?

Then why would you buy a food processor from Black & Decker?

steer clear of black & decker

I purchased A Black & Decker vacuum bagger (model VS 2000) new from WalMart, and it NEVER worked properly. The Blacj & Decker replaced another bagger I had that was made in France, and which worked perfectly, but for which bags were no longer available. The point is that I am familiar with how vacuum baggers are supposed to work, and the B&D never performed as advertised. My second mistake (the first being the purchase of a Black and Decker product) was my continued attempts to make this piece of garbage work until the one year warranty expired. When I contacted Black and Decker, they were unwilling to even look at the machine to determine if it was defective. My advice: steer clear of Black & Decker. It is an inferior product, and their service is non existent.

the blender died several weeks ago...

I made a spur of the moment purchase of a B&D blender and a B&D coffee maker b/c a $20 rebate was offered...