Menu
Black & Decker
reviews & complaints

Black & Decker
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

62 complaints
8 resolved 54 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Black & Decker. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:45 am EDT

Black & Decker - psa 115b gb lithium sweeper

Bought this product from B&M & it has struggled to charge & hold charge
I see online that many people are struggling with same problem.
Comments-
The motor broke within 18 days of receiving it, disappointed as it is from black and decker... I expected more durability

worst sweeper in the world only lasted one week

Mine has lasted longer but even when working could only use short bursts & in end had to get main Hoover out

7:00 am EDT

Black & Decker - blender, model bl12475b

Like many of this model of blender currently reviewed on Amazon, mine made a big noise just before half of the plastic gear teeth on the underside of the blade tore off. I hate to have to recycle a perfectly good motor in this era of climate collapse, but the replacement part is expensive. Karen Slaney; 1725 17th Street NW, apt 505; Washington DC 20009.

12:24 pm EDT

Black & Decker - your customer care service is too bad

Very bad experience with black & dacker service providers they didnt even check my item they just [censored] and return after a week same as i given didnt replace any part. Even didnt open for repair or check to see which part is faulty. Soo disappointed with black & decker you can see your warranty statment about parts replacmet they said we will not replace any parts you have to perches even the device is used only 6 months.

M
5:34 pm EDT

Black & Decker - black and decker easy feed

i boufght a black and decker easy feed works great except the line is so thin you get 3 feet thrn it broks and you got to restring it over and over again do they make a heavy duty string or is this just another waste of my money i got thread stronget than this at 20 bucks for 3 spools its and all day job to do a small yard i thought better of black and decker till now good concept epic failure

10:34 am EDT

Black & Decker - black+decker 36 v brushless lithium-ion strimmer

I have tried several times - and failed - to solve the problem of a jammed spool line. I don't mind about that, I only bought Black & Decker because I needed something quickly and never had much faith in their products in the first place. What really annoys me is the staggering arrogance that deems it necessary to punish customers with a a £5 charge simply to report an apparent fault and seek a remedy. I can't think of another company I've ever dealt with who in this respect behave quite so badly as Black and Decker.

2:48 pm EDT

Black & Decker - coffee pot

We bought the same coffee pot 6 months ago to replace the exact same one we had for years. We have had nothing but problems out of it. It leaks all the time and the basket does not sit all the way down into the filter. It's ridiculous and we need a new one free of charge. It came from Walmart in Statesville. It's probably someone not doing their job.

4:06 pm EDT

Black & Decker - 18v battery pack

We have purchased 4 of these batteries for our lawn trimmer. We followed the directions exactly as to how to charge the battery. When we start trimming, the battery only lasts for a very short period of time so we are never able to trim much of our lawn. We also store the battery with the carrying caps whenever it is out of the trimmer or charger. These batteries still do not keep the charge.

1 comment
Jun 26, 2019 12:31 pm EDT

I bought a BD weed whacker from Lowes. I don't know if Lowes sells QC rejects but this is probably the 4th weed Whacker, call m stupid for sure. Next time I will go to ACE. This BD Whacker has no power and battery lasts about 15 minutes. Not worth the time to get it out of the garage.

C
9:07 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this handheld vacuum to use for cleaning up cat litter and quick clean ups and when I got it at first it seemed okay the first time I used it. Vacuumed decent though suction was not great. My husband threw the box away thinking it was working fine, but the second time we used it the suction is so bad that it will not pick up anything. My kid...

9:53 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello I've used Black & Decker products since we bought our house over 25 years ago, and have always been reasonably happy with eveything. The only other time I had a problem, B&D quickly resolved it to my complete satisfaction. For the last couple months, I'm been having a problem with the spools of weed-wacker line. The feed line is consistantly...

C
5:38 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Thought there was a missing piece in the box (Item 16) in the manual. Brought the item back to the good guys for a refund or store credit. The sales people there (At least 3 or them) had to scour through the manual to refer it to a super fine print in the appendix to show this particular model does not come with item 16, which was not mentioned in the...

5:15 am EDT

Black & Decker - multi function drill as advertised in fb

Tool your reference : [protected]

I felt cheated when I received the product not as what I ordered (Black & Decker) some china branded.

I paid RM299.00 which I recevied the amount is about less then RM100.00 . Only a drill in a small box.

You can check your DHL delivery id; [protected]. I hope you can rectify this before I make a complain to KPNKK AND POLICE for cheating.
My address: aziz omar, 2218 Jalan 3/4 Fasa 3, Bandar Baru Sg Buloh.

E
11:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

30 juin 2018 à 15:00 en arrivant à la maison: J'ai ouvert la boîte du robot culinaire, et en sortant l'appareil quelque chose m'a tombé sur le dessus du pied droit. La lame du robot n'était pas emballé adéquatement, elle m'a sectionné le dessus du pied droit, d'environ 4 pouces de long et coupure très profonde. 15:05 l'ambulance a été appelé sur les lieux...

D
10:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On February 3, 2018, I purchased a black and decker 36 volt lithium trimmer (model no LST136) from a sears store in cookeville tn that was clososing out all of its merchandise. For over a month, after the unit is full charged, I only get 4 or 5 minutes of actual run time while using the grass trimmer. After reading the owners manual, I see that it wa...

S
9:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Needed to replace a 3 year old plastic jar base for the blender, as the plastic had separated. Finally routed to a site in the U.S. Lady was extremely polite but obviously embarrassed to tell me the price was $36.95 U.S. or around $49.00 Canadian! This from the official Black and Decker parts site. This is probably a 10c part. Will not buy B&D ever again.

V
12:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Vladimir Grach. I had a Black & Decker vacuum cleaner that started to malfunction about 8 months after it was purchased. The warranty was still valid, so I sent it to a Black & Decker service center located in 377 University Avenue, Westwood, MA 02090, USA for a replacement. I live near Montreal, Canada. Now I know that there is a service center...

H
2:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I bought the DVJ320J Dustbuster last year in May '17 from Amazon. I've mainly used it to clean my car. However, the product stopped working, not charging at all. I am very disappointed in B&D as it's a very famous brand, but this product didn't even last a year. I always buy Black & Decker due to it's reputation, so I like to get a replacement model or if not a full refund please. Best regards, Herman

2:52 pm EST

Black & Decker - 2-1 cordless floor extension stick vacuum

NO filters available anywhere in Canada or the USA not retail or in the warehouse. what a sorry company that doesn't sell a replacement filter.
I have tried every store and warehouse in black and decker and they keep sending me the pre filter basket. I Want the paper replacement filter that sits inside the prefilter.
I will never buy another black and decker product again

10:06 am EST

Black & Decker - tr117 hedge trimmer

See photo of how I fixed that damned thumb trigger ... I ground a groove in it and inserted a nickel so it was locked into position to run every time I squeezed the finger trigger. Prior to this, every time I changed hands, I had to pull back the trigger with my thumb while also squeezing the finger trigger ... this is a hell on my arthritic fingers/hands!
This needs to be redesigned so the thumb control can be locked into position.

1 comment
P
Nov 16, 2017 5:46 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You should consider posting this as a product review on websites that sell the item. I think it could be very helpful for other customers.

H
8:07 am EST

Black & Decker - vacuum cleaner

I had bought a vacuum cleaner from Abu Dhabi in January 2017. After a 6 months use it was diagonised with motor fault by the region ( Coimbatore Orient service center). Though it is under warranty they deny to take the responsibility for the replacement of the motor. It is embarrassing to see such a reputed firm with such irresponsible subfranchise under consideration.

Appreciate to take an action immediately & rectify my vacuum cleaner asap.

Regards
Haroon
Haru.[protected]@gmail.com
+[protected]

G
7:27 pm EDT

Black & Decker - smooth cut can opener

Bought it thought it would be good being a black and decker product
opened the first can ok, but the next 5 cans had to be cut open with knives or torn apart with vise grips. It will not cut the lid off. There are also slivers of metal sticking out along the edges where the opener runs around trying to cut which -I think may be very dangerous. They cut your hand and I don't know what they would do to a person if they were ingested. Very disappointed. Threw the packaging away because I was sure I had a good product.

Black & Decker contacts