Big Lots / liars
We went on on Friday and saw a great recliner for $350. We did not have the money for it, so the clerk told us that we could sign up for a VIP card. It would give us 20% off if we came back and used it on Sunday. We verified that it made the chair cost $280 and he said yes. So on Sunday, we drove the 40 miles BACK to Big Lots along with a rented truck as it was too big to fit in the minivan. We got there and the recliner was now $400. We asked the manager why we weren't told that the chair price went up on Saturday, and now with the discount, it would still be $40 more than what we were told on Friday. The "manager" then told us that he could give the chair to us for the $350 it was listed for on Friday...which was now $30 MORE than the 20% off of the $400...he math was horrible...and he was still trying to gouge us. So, now we have no chair, we have lost about $80 in gas and renting a truck for nothing, and BIg Lots will not give us the price they promised. To make it worse, when the manager told us that we could pay $350 for the chair, he told us to step outside and wait for him to come and see if he could give us a better deal. When we stepped outside, he kept us waiting there until after the store closed. Then he locked up the door and never came out, leaving us standig outside waiting fro his answer for 45 minutes. That was cowardly and in bad taste. NO MORE BIG LOTS FOR US!!!
More Big Lots Complaints & Reviews
- Stratolounger Recliners - Broken mechanism 
- Big Lots Informative - refund policy - returns without a receipt 
- Big Lots - 30 day return policy 
- Big Lots, Serta - 2nd complaint, sagging sides 
- Big Lots - hr policy 
- Big Lots 955 Sepulveda, Torrance, CA 90502 - shared property line security maintenance
- Big Lots Stores - Corporate Event at Embassy Suites Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Big Lots Stores - 9 cube storage
- Big Lots Stores - hicksville big lots cashier - amanda 
- Big Lots Stores - customer service