Bethesday Marriott Suites / No cancellation policy

I'd like to help folks understand that booking online for this hotel through Marriott.com can lead to a reservation that cannot be cancelled. While I expect that through travel consolidation sites such as Expedia or Travelocity, I did not expect that to happen when I booked directly through Marriott.com. When I called and asked for a reconsideration of this policy, both the hotel and a national supervisor refused. I will not book again with Marriott if I can help it. I should be grateful if Bethesda Marriott Suites were to refund the money they've already charged me.

Fi

Comments

• Ri
      10th of Aug, 2009

• Ai
      15th of Feb, 2010

I guess you booked a non-refundable room which is usually less than the "regular" rate... There is a reason it costs less money - because it comes with restrictions. I can't really blame them for non refunding the money as you agreed to it when you booked the room on their website. Sorry.