Best Buy / best buy refuses to send me the missing parts.

1 Scranton, PA, United States Review updated:

I bought a washer from the Best Buy website and it was delivered without the transit bolts. I called them 4 times and asked them to send the missing bolts to me and they say I have to pay for them myself, even though they are part of the washer. Even the manual says that they are part of the washer. These bolts prevent damage to the machine while it is being transported, and my husband and I have to move every few months coz of his job. We already moved once since we bought the washer and had to pay someone to make temporary bolts for that move. We have no bolts and have to move again in a few months, and this will damage our new washer. It is illegal for them to demand that i pay for the missing parts.

Ni

Comments

• Sh
      12th of Jun, 2009

Best Buy is not responsible for sending missing parts, the manufacturer is. A retail store only sells the product as it is sent to them. The best they could've done would've been to exchange it for another one. However, it's now been used and so long since it's been purchased that you'd have to be very humble to the manufacturer and see if they'll still send you the bolts.

Then again, if you move so often, I wouldn't even bother with a washer. I'd just go to the landromat.