Best Buy - Return Policy / read the back of your receipt!

Best Buy
www.bestbuy.com

Do you always read the BACK of your receipt? I can't say that I ever do, as I assume they are advertising. Best Buy's policy to no refunds or exchanges after 30 days. I was at 35 days, the product was still shrink wrapped, so it was clear it had never been opened. The manager said he was unable to over-ride policy and said I should call customer service. I was on hold for 20 minutes, only to be told the exact same thing- no exceptions.

Were talking over $350 dollars! After buying thousands from that store over the years, all of which they had on file and couldn't care less.

Never again.

Va

Comments

7th of Jul, 2008

Same thing just happened to me today. One of Best Buy's worthless remote control "cones" that were supposed to enable us to change the channel from another room...didn't work.

Their installation guy came out and installed our new TV, the remote control cones, etc. and they didn't work. He said he'd come back and try to work with them again. In the mean time, I decided to go another route and took the "cones" back today.

"You mean you won't take them back, even though they don't WORK?"
    Right.
    "And it doesn't make any difference if we purchased this, along with $2000 worth of TV?"
    Right.

She just kept saying, "Right." So I finally said, "Well, I'll tell you something I'M RIGHT about, and that is that Best Buy just lost a good customer."

And I turned around and walked out, stopping two customers on my way out and telling them to be very careful about their purchases.