Best Buy / home delivery

Aug 8, 2015
Best Buy
August 3, 2015 at 6:58am I placed an order for an lg 7.3 cu ft electric dryer (Item# dlex3250v). I received an email confirmation my order#[protected].

August 3, 2015 I received an email stating delivery date would be friday august 7th. As stated in the email, I called [protected] to request the delivery date to be rescheduled to saturday august 8th because we will be attending my father-in-law's funeral on friday august 7th. I was re-assured that there will be no problems in changing the delivery date because I gave them plenty of notice of the change. I was also told that I would be receiving a confirmation email from the home delivery solutions team of the request for the re-scheduled delivery. I never received an email.

August 4, 2015 I called the customer delivery solutions hotline number again to see why I didn't receive an email to confirm the re-scheduled delivery date and at 2:16pm I received an email from representative humberto s. From the home delivery customer experience team stating that the home delivery solutions team received my request to have the delivery rescheduled from august 7th to august 8th and that the request was sent to their home delivery carrier.

August 5, 2015 I called best buy for the third time to verify that my request for delivery of the lg electric dryer was made and I was re-assured that the delivery date was changed to saturday august 8th and again I was told I would receive a confirmation email, which I never received (For the second time). I was also told to call again tomorrow if I didn't receive the email.

August 6 2015 I called best buy for the fourth time because I still have not received a confirmation email (For the third time) , as promised on august 5th. I was told that the request for re-schedule of delivery date to august 8th was noted back on august 4th and again was re-assured that the new delivery date was saturday august 8th and that I would receive a confirmation email today.

August 7, 2015 I received a call from the home delivery carrier that the electric dryer was being delivered by them today. I told them my family was getting ready to leave the house for my husband's dad's funeral and that we had been told that the delivery date was changed to saturday august 8th, as requested back on august 4th. The delivery man did not know what I was talking about. He said he was never notified by best buy that the delivery date was changed.

My husband called best buy home delivery solutions and talked to representative, julian. She said she would be sending a confirmation email by day's end about saturday's delivery and again was told that saturday august 8th delivery was no problem. Again, for the fourth time (I lost count) we never received an email.

August 8, 2015 after waiting half a day, no phone call, no email, no delivery.
I called best buy home delivery solutions again (Every day since august 4th) and talked to julian (The same representative that my husband talked to yesterday, august 7th). I asked julian to make a note that I would like to make a complaint to the manager of the home delivery solutions department, as well as other managers at best buy so that the company can learn from the mistakes made and that this never happens to someone else again. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. None were available but I was told that someone would call back about an hour. I received a call from sherwin (Supervisor, home delivery solutions) and explained my frustrating situation. I was told that there was a communication error between departments at best buy. She told me that my complaint would be given to the escalation department and the order management team. I asked sherwin to cancel our order. She told me that it would take 1-2 business days to cancel the order and 3-5 business days to receive credit for the order. My husband, myself and our daughter cancelled a family get together in memory of my husband's father's death to stay at home to receive the electric dryer, since we were re-assured again, and again (Every day since august 4th) that it would be delivered today.

August 8, 2015 at 3:00pm I received a call from christine, team leader, home delivery customer experience. Again I explained my family's frustration at how best buy has mis-hanled our order and that I hope management will learn from the mistakes and this never happens again. I was told that there was a mistake made on best buy's end and that a new delivery date could be arranged next week. I told christine that I can't take a vacation day just to wait around for an electric dryer that may, or may not. Be delivered on a date that may, or may not be confirmed and that I had no faith in best buy or it's delivery process and promises. I asked, again, that our order be cancelled and that I didn't want to wait for a so called email confirmation that the order was actually cancelled. I wanted proof today, that the order was cancelled, not in 1-2 business days. Christine did, in fact, personally send me an email stating that "we have received your request to have your recent order cancelled". Also stated in the email is the fact that it would take 5-7 business days for the cancellation transaction to be completed, and an additional 3-5 business days for it to appear on the method of payment (So actually a total of 12 business days to get our money back for a mistake that best buy made, not the consumer!!!)

I have been a loyal customer of best buy for a number of years, and am very disappointed with the service that I recently received. I am shocked that such a well known company, and a company that supposedly advertises that they are reputable and are customer oriented, could have such a broken communication problem between inter-departments and huge problems with their home delivery service.

Lisa wakabayashi