Best Buy / not honor extended warranty!
I purchased a Maytag washing machine at Best Buy and bought an extended warranty. For the first time in several years, I called for service under the warranty.
Best Buy told me that I would be contacted within two days by a local service company. When that didn't happen, I called Best Buy and they gave me the company's name and phone number. I called and they said that they no longer did work for Best Buy because they hadn't been paid. I called Best Buy back and they gave me the names of two other companies. When I contacted them, both said that they didn't work in my area. I called Best Buy again (every call involves being on hold for three to fifteen minutes) and they said that someone would call me in a couple of days with the name of another company. No one called. Again I called Best Buy. They said that, based on their information, my repair wasn't covered by the warranty. I explained the problem again and they agreed it was covered. They said that they would get back to me in two or three days with the name of a repair company. So far, all I've gotten is a runaround from Best Buy. I'm no further than when I first called a week ago--no service company and no appointment. When they sold me the extended warranty, they didn't bother to mention that there was no service company in my area. I am beginning to feel that this is all an attempt by Best Buy to get out of honoring the service contract. To add a little humor, I got a call today from someone doing a survey for Best Buy and wanting to know how satisfied I was with the warranty repair.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Bestbuy Eyeglasses - eyeglasses 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - account services
- Best Buy - refrigerator install
- Best Buy - not delivered
- Best Buy - computer department
- Best Buy - questionable service, or lack of from geek squad