Best Buy / not honor extended warranty!

United States Review updated:
I purchased a Maytag washing machine at Best Buy and bought an extended warranty. For the first time in several years, I called for service under the warranty.

Best Buy told me that I would be contacted within two days by a local service company. When that didn't happen, I called Best Buy and they gave me the company's name and phone number. I called and they said that they no longer did work for Best Buy because they hadn't been paid. I called Best Buy back and they gave me the names of two other companies. When I contacted them, both said that they didn't work in my area. I called Best Buy again (every call involves being on hold for three to fifteen minutes) and they said that someone would call me in a couple of days with the name of another company. No one called. Again I called Best Buy. They said that, based on their information, my repair wasn't covered by the warranty. I explained the problem again and they agreed it was covered. They said that they would get back to me in two or three days with the name of a repair company. So far, all I've gotten is a runaround from Best Buy. I'm no further than when I first called a week ago--no service company and no appointment. When they sold me the extended warranty, they didn't bother to mention that there was no service company in my area. I am beginning to feel that this is all an attempt by Best Buy to get out of honoring the service contract. To add a little humor, I got a call today from someone doing a survey for Best Buy and wanting to know how satisfied I was with the warranty repair.

A  6th of Sep, 2007 by
Purchased a virgin mobile phone, keyboard went out in about a month, phone was misplaced in a move. read over the product replacement plan purchased for 12.99 to see if they replace cell phones, the plan does not state it does not replace phones. Went to the store with receipt and replacement plan Waited in line only to get a customer service rep. that looked to be 15. She did not know what to do, after I told her my story, she looked in the writing of the plan and saw something that stated in the General Exclusions clause: We do not cover replacements for lost or consumable parts... did not say ANYTHING ABOUT NOT REPLACING LOST OR STOLEN PHONES.

The rep. pointed it out to me and says "there it is" I looked and read it again, You big dummy!!! it does not say we don't cover lost or stolen phone it says we do not cover replacements for lost or consumable parts!! Poor reading comprehension... At that point I challenged her, asked for a supervisor. Nolan Sotello comes over, I repeat again my complaint instead of the girl at the register briefing him... Mr. Nolan tries to sound like he has managerial skills by saying " If it's not stated it's implied" What!!! Are u serious, who made you a technical writer? So at this point I called the consumer complaints department, held on for ten minutes, of course I was told it would be a ten minute wait, guess they were thinking I would hang up... sorry I'm a fighter... Amy comes on the line and gives me some garble about a warranty I do not have, but does not talk about the one I have, she then puts me on hold to come back and say it's in the plan that they do not cover loss or theft of ... again it does not say... lost or stolen phones... so I waisted 130.00. I am at this point working to start a class action, for all of us who has been pissed on by best buy...

Best Buy Logo Best Buy