Best Buy / deceptive restocking fee. treat customers like crap!
Just to let everyone know Best Buy treated me like crap. I spent $2,000 on a Sony Vaio and was assured by the salesperson - upon reading my hesitance about parting with two grand - that if the laptop did not function correctly or if anything was wrong with it I could return it.
The laptop was crap. It shutdown randmonly, bluescreened, flickered, froze up upon opening more than one application at a time, etc. Not what you expect from a Sony. And certainly not for two grand.
I returned it to Best Buy TWO DAYS LATER. I was told I had to pay a $360 restocking fee. I spoke with the clerk, the assistant manager, the store manager and the regional manager and all told me they would not take the laptop back unless I paid it. And all told me that "just because it doesn't perform the way you want to doesn't mean it's defective" (their policy is that restocking fees are only waived if products are defective). How blue screening and shutting down in the middle of using it is not defective is beyond me.
I filed a complaint with the DCP and fought the charges with my credit card company. Luckily I won, but I would hope no one else has to go through this. BAN BEST BUY WITH ME!!!
I now order all my electronics through careful research on restocking fees. Best Buy SUCKS!
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - refund delay for debit card purchase 
- Best Buy - geek squad installation
- Best Buy - apple ipod 
- Best Buy - account services
- Best Buy - refrigerator install
- Best Buy - not delivered