Best Buy / fraudulent practices
My complaint is that these guys are the real deal when it comes to rip-offs. First of all I am a frequent customer that is fed up with Best Buy. Yesterday I bought a Gps Unit that cost $160.00 witch was an awesome buy. When I took it home and tried it out it didn't have the features that I wanted in it, so I brought it back to the store. Yeah I should, ve done more research, but I am human and sometimes research is not necessary.
All that I wanted was an upgrade or an even exchange for a Gps that was $50 more than what I had paid. The cashier in customer service quoted if I got an upgrade or an even exchange it would be a 15% restock charge which is pretty much ridiculous compared to a $0 Wal-Mart return. I immediately asked for a manager. He could not help. I quoted, It hasn't been 24hrs yet since the purchase. He said that he doesn't make the rules.
So I said you mean to tell me that you are going to charge me $24 plus the $50 for the upgrade on the new one therefore robbing me of my dollars and cents. He said that he was sorry and I can file a complaint at bestbuy.com. Best Buy sucks when it comes to Return Policies. Watch What You Buy! No one wants to be suckered by ridiculous restock charges. Read the fine print on all Receipts.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - issues at the store on multiple levels
- Best Buy - no refund issued on a cancelled order
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.