Best Buy / bad experience

United States Review updated:

Before moving to Japan in Oct. 2003, I wanted to get a laptop.

I purchased it from Best Buy and was asked if I wanted the extended warranty for another $200.

Since I was going to be using it in Japan and moving it around, I figured this would be a good and safe choice.

Now, I was concerned if the warranty would be voided if I left the US. But, their warranty was valid internationally.

So, I went with it.

Nearly 1.5 years later I was having problems with it.

I brought it to Toshiba in Tokyo and they took a look at it for free.

I then contacted Best Buy to see what my options were.

My only option was to get it repaired with my money and send in the receipt to Best Buys Warranty Center.

As soon as I got my laptop back from being repaired I sent it out.

I even wrote a letter explaining the details of what happened.

Since I was living in Japan, I asked my dad to keep in touch with them and find out the status of the reimbursement.

My dad could never get a straight answer and people that he had previously spoken to before miraculously "no longer work here".

So, he could never speak to the same person which make him have to start again from scratch.

Some of the employees would say we never got the receipt, while some of them would say your check is in the mail. You should get it in the mail next week.

Needless to say, it never came.

It was for a measly $100 dollars to repair the fan.

Occasionally when I come home for a visit I dare not step into that store.

I will never ever buy anything from them again. That is unless I get my money back. But looking back after 3+ years, I'm not holding my breath.

I have boycotted the store and told all my friends and family to never shop there again.

I hope people realize how screwy these companies can be and reneg on promises made.

If anyone from Best Buy is reading this and would like to get some loyal customers back, please contact me, maybe we can work something out.
Va

Comments

Va
  28th of Oct, 2008
Im writing you in regards of my bad experience from Best Buy service, Best Buy customer service. I bought very nice (as I thought) and very expensive Whirlpool washer and dryer from Best Buy store in Madison, WI back in February, 2006. Since then it was like a nightmare for me, my wife and our three kids. Washer had issues with it from the first day they delivered it to my house. Water was leaking and I called technician. It took for him (Tom) to arrive 10 days. He so called fixed it and went away; needless to say it broke again. And I called, and he fixed it and it broke again and again and again. So, 8 times since March 2006 I was without the washer for couple of weeks every time it broke. And, I forgot to mention, at one point water damaged ceiling in my lower level.

Finally, it broke down again on October, 2008. And I called the 1-800-number, and after 46 minutes on hold they scheduled service for October 22, 2008. That is 14 days without the washer with 3 young kids!!! Technician was scheduled to be here in between 8-12pm today, but he never came.

My question to you is: What kind of service is it? You charge that much money for service plan and then what?

I, probably, will never buy anything from Best Buy again.
Ca
  29th of Oct, 2008
Did you pay anything for any of these repairs, other than the original service plan?
Bl
  15th of Sep, 2009
Blah blah blah learn how to type. You don't need to be double spaced noob

Best Buy Logo Best Buy