Best Buy / bad experience
Before moving to Japan in Oct. 2003, I wanted to get a laptop.
I purchased it from Best Buy and was asked if I wanted the extended warranty for another $200.
Since I was going to be using it in Japan and moving it around, I figured this would be a good and safe choice.
Now, I was concerned if the warranty would be voided if I left the US. But, their warranty was valid internationally.
So, I went with it.
Nearly 1.5 years later I was having problems with it.
I brought it to Toshiba in Tokyo and they took a look at it for free.
I then contacted Best Buy to see what my options were.
My only option was to get it repaired with my money and send in the receipt to Best Buys Warranty Center.
As soon as I got my laptop back from being repaired I sent it out.
I even wrote a letter explaining the details of what happened.
Since I was living in Japan, I asked my dad to keep in touch with them and find out the status of the reimbursement.
My dad could never get a straight answer and people that he had previously spoken to before miraculously "no longer work here".
So, he could never speak to the same person which make him have to start again from scratch.
Some of the employees would say we never got the receipt, while some of them would say your check is in the mail. You should get it in the mail next week.
Needless to say, it never came.
It was for a measly $100 dollars to repair the fan.
Occasionally when I come home for a visit I dare not step into that store.
I will never ever buy anything from them again. That is unless I get my money back. But looking back after 3+ years, I'm not holding my breath.
I have boycotted the store and told all my friends and family to never shop there again.
I hope people realize how screwy these companies can be and reneg on promises made.
If anyone from Best Buy is reading this and would like to get some loyal customers back, please contact me, maybe we can work something out.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - issues at the store on multiple levels
- Best Buy - no refund issued on a cancelled order
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.