Best Buy / non customer service
We purchased a Samsung Refrigerator in May, 2006 along with the Best Buy extended service agreement. On August 28, 2008 we called in to have them fix the water in the door not working and a loud clicking noise coming from the back. A Geek Squad tech came out and stated the issue and ordered parts that took 2 weeks to come in. The Geek squad tech came back and replaced the 2 parts. The clicking went away but the water still did not work. The refrigerator then developed a water leak. We contacted Best Buy again who scheduled another company (Affordable Appiance) to come take a look. The tech stated that when he arrived the inside back of the refrigerator was broken and the water container in behind that wall was cracked. He also stated that the previous tech had replaced the wrong part for the water and that is why it did not work. He replaced another part for the water. The water still did not work. The tech said he would report the refrig not repairable.
We have now contacted Best Buy 3 times since the last service call. Each time something was missing to address this issue. Each time it was to be 3 to 5 business days for them to respond. Each time they placed on hold then hung up when waiting to speak to a supervisor. They have no way to escallate an issue to someone who cares acording to Dawn in the service call center. Today they declined replacing the refigerator pending the head Geek Squad Tech from verifying the other companies report. Then the request process will start over. It is now 1 month since our original call and the tech will not come out until next thursday. The it will take a few days for them to report on the previous report so we can wait another 3 to 5 days to get an order number so we can get a claim number then get the refrigerator replaced.
This is excessive non customer service and we paid way too much for the extended service agreement to be treated this way. I would not recommend purchasing an appliance from Best Buy and definately do not purchase an extended agreement and do not let a Geek Squad tech service your equipment.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - refund delay for debit card purchase 
- Best Buy - repair service for commercial washer/dryers.
- Best Buy - never received item bbytx-805573981165
- Best Buy - repairs on pc
- Best Buy - webroot - cancelled - still charged for webroot - geek squad best buy
- Best Buy - stove purchase 18 months promotion acc#6035 3513 3036 9300