Bell Canada / mystery charges
My own Bell tale (apparently everyone in Canada has at least one.) I had a $95 (approx.) long distance call one month, back when I had Bell because there was no other choice! to a place I'd never heard of. So I called, and immediately get some comment like "oh ya, that's a big problem right now. You dialed something through your internet and got charged through a 3rd party billing." Then I was informed that regardless of the nature, nor the fact that they were obviously aware of this 'scam' or problem, that I was responsible for all charges on my bill. I'm fairly computer savvy, and take reasonable security precautions. After many back and forth arguments, I was offered a $20 credit, not as an admission of guilt on Bell's behalf, but (I quote the rep verbatim) because "I'm being nice to you, and you obviously can't afford the charges, but you are responsible for your bill." I said I wanted full credit; smart guy then says "Well, we won't do it, and if you don't want at least the $20 credit, then that's your loss." Probably not even a month after that, another local provider went active in my area, and I switched phone service right away. I never did pay the disputed amount, and it has been dragging through collections limbo for years. It hopefully has cost them far more than it' worth, and I'll maybe settle it with a 3rd party, as long as I know Bell won't get squat. They still continually call and write me with promos they are offering though!
More Bell Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - fibre optic installation
- Bell Canada - reconnection
- Bell Canada - billing - been overcharged
- Bell Canada - unauthorized credit check - home internet
- Bell Canada - bell mobility service is really bad..