BB&T / very dissapointed

1 St Petersburg, FL, United States Review updated:

BB&T has caused me alot of problems for the last 3 years. From closing my savings account without calling me to inform me of this, because i didnt have exactly 300.00 in my savings account. To refusing to cash my check because of a negative balance in the account, which I've come to understand.

I'm young, and do tend to spend loosely, but I only spend loosely because BB&T gives me the impression that I have the money, Never fails this has happened to me at last 3 times. I've called the automated voice message system, got my balance, they tell me i have hundreds of dollars. I go spend some money, and the next day or two I make a call and they tell me there's an overdraft. VERY DISSAPOINTED.

TODAY is what really got me upset, I go to the bank to cash my check like i normally do on pay day. Mind you I just cashed my check two weeks ago at this very same bank, they tell me "I am unable due to your balance in your account" so I reply and say " Well, I just checked my account and it stated that I wasnt in the negative. I have X amount of dollars in the account". The teller replies with "Yes, you're right you arent in the negative, but in order for us to cash this check you need to have the same amount of money in your account in order for us to cash the check".

Now. the excuses they used for this is ridiculas.
1)"we've had customers come in with fake payroll checks and by the time we cash it they've already spent the money. - I've been a customer for 3 years and at the same job for 3 years, do you really compare me to a criminal with fraudulant checks?. Fake Payroll checks? Its not my fault you all are too stupid to realize that a check is fake.

2)"well maybe the branches you went to were doing you a favor by cashing your checks, because this is something they arent supposed to be doing"- WHY would a business...a bank for that matter, have new rules and regulations and not share them with the customers??? when it effects the customers?? and why would you assume it's helping me rather than tell me up front how it is??

3)I asked was there anyone to complain to, over the phone... "No ma'am, you can go online and go to the contact us and send an email"- who's to say this email would get answered??

4) so when i asked them if they would take care of the 70 dollar overdraft that I know will occur tomorrow. they say no... although they are responsible for the overdraft for not cashing my check so that i could deposit the money into my account.

I dont know what to do and if there's something I can do at all, but I will be looking into this situation and the many other situations ive encountered.

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2008

You just need to learn to manage your money!! Ive been with BB&T for 11 years and never had a problem