BB&T Bank / fraud and scam

1 Lynchburg, VA, United States Review updated:

I recently had a talk with a rep from this bank. I had over 150$ worth of overdrafts. I had her explain what happened and she really couldn't. seems that i had charges go through, now I only use my debit card. when your debit card has a charge, the account is supposed to lock this amount of money until the actual posting that evening. I had two charges on hold/pending they were small. Then I deposited some money before noon. I then made a transaction after 3pm. this transaction was for 300$.

Here is the end result. The deposit did not post to the account because it was a check. the 300$ payment i made at 3pm got posted and knocked the other two or three on hold off hold. so that they could be charged overdraft. Now my argument was two fold. one if the funds are on hold and not available, then how did the 300$ charge knock them off, and two if i made a deposit of any kind before 12, then it should post that night before midnight.

They took all the charges off my account. BUT since then, I think my account has been targeted to get it back. I have had over $500 in overdraft fees due to the way they post largest first in the past month.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE ###!!!

I can get timeline reports of the account if a lawyer would like to see them and start a suit.

Va

Comments

Br
  1st of Jun, 2009

We are NOT all EQUAL with BB&T..

BB&T chose to work with one of their WEALTHY customers and an invalid will when my Aunt passed away this past year.

They allowed this other customer to come in and drill out and remove all contents of the joint Safe Deposit Box My Aunt had with me as the only valid co-signer on the SDB.

BB&T, also allowed this other customer to use a rescinded Power of Attorney to attach all my Aunts Accounts and IRAs...BB&T worked with these thieves because the thieves have kept large amounts of money with BB&T for over 35 years and are all chummy chummy with them.

My Aunts valid will naming me as the Executrix has been validated...but BB&T worked with the RICH customers and their Attorneys to bankrupt my Aunts Estate.

This has cost me an enormous amount in Attorney fees... I can't even begin to tell you the toll it has taken on my health. And the saddest of all...NONE of my Dear Aunts final wishes as stated in her VALID WILL will ever happen, as BB&T helped drag this out for almost 8 months until the Estate and Home were lost.

I am fighting the unspeakable actions of BB&T and the RICH customer with the help of many organizations and media outlets.

If you have found yourself in a similar situation with BB&T...I Pray for you. It is a living nightmare!

Bb
  27th of Jun, 2009

http://bbandtsucks.com !!!

Su
  25th of Jun, 2010

I have another complaint against BB&T. I was there to make a large deposit to my savings account. The teller told me I shouldn't put it there., that I should talk to one of their financial advisors. So I did. I fell for the salesman who presented his program like a pyramid scheme, but I was dumb. Needless to say I lost money. It wasn't the tellers job to tell me what to do with my money. BAD BBT!! Class action??

Je
  10th of May, 2015

If anyone thinks these things cannot happen please pause and realize they do. I have an experience that I am afraid to tell for fear of being put away. Please stay away of BB&T. Do Not Give Them a Minutes Thought !! I am so sad for the lady's situation. Good luck ! If I had the money I would sue but that is why they get away with what they do, they know we don't have the money or time for a lawsuit.