Bassett Furniture / undelivered furniture, poor communication

I only wish I had found this web site and read other complaints before I ordered my furniture.
Ordered furniture on 6/25/07- took picture of the sofa I wanted into the sales rep ([picture was taken from the Bassett website). Paid at that time.
9/4/07- I called sales rep to see why the furniture had not yet been ordered, was told they were "going to call me" to let me know the fabric had been discontinued.
9/8/07- reordered fabric.
10/9/07- furniture delivered- was not anywhere close to what the picture I showed the sales rep was like. I wanted a curved sectional- this was a very long straight sofa.
11/3/07- spoke with a store manager since I had not heard about delivery. He referred the call to the original sales rep who said he "would look into it"
11/13/07- had not heard from the sales rep. I called him- he stated "I was just getting ready to call you"- the sofa arms had been discontinued and would not match the loveseat arms (that was the only part of the order that had been correct when the furniture was orginally delivered). Had to reorder the loveseat and sofa with different arms so they would match.

Had I not already painted the living room to match the furniture, I would cancel the order. I will never deal with this company again.

Comments

9th of Nov, 2008
    Bassett Furniture - Where's the furniture?!?!
    Bassett
    San Marcos
    California

I gave my wife $800.00 to buy a dinnette. She spent $1300.00 at Bassett on Aug. 23rd 2017. It is now Nov. 9th 2017, and I'm still eating standing at my kitchen counter.
    The manager had tried to explain that there are no cancellations on the order. That is unacceptable in my book. As a man growing up in Boston there is no excuse for time line delays of 3 months. She then told me she'd work a discount for me due to the wait (all this over a month of phone calls of me demanding my money back). I told her to come with something serious, and specifically said don't call me with some piddly $100 bucks. So she called with 113.86... Are you SERIOUS?!? This has gone on long enough, and they don't know when to accept there losses. Never use this company as they are just bad business. They survive by getting over on people like my wife who apparently lack the street smarts to know they're getting ripped. I'll be going in today to get my cash or take it from someone's back side!

2nd of Oct, 2009

Bassett Furniture, Louisville, Kentucky
    Purchased Elway Leather Reclining Sofa & Love Seat on 7-4-09, received it on 8-1-09. It is the biggest mess I have ever seen. I had ordered a dark burgandy & between the sections, it is lined with a bright white fabric. REALLY shows up on the dark leather. Each piece to the sofa & love seat will not stay together. Finally men came out on 9-9-09 to hook it all back together & it now has all come apart again. On the back of the end of the sofa, the leather has been pulled too tight & there is a big hole you see in the back of the sofa. REALLY is ugly. I wish I had never bought it. I called the Manager & asked for my money back, he said NO. I asked if they would take this back & we would come into his store & pick out something that would be the same amout on money, he said NO. Now he said that a repair man would come out to fix the bright white that shows & put the furniture back together but he will have to charge us a service charge. NO WAY-- He said it would only be about $30.00. Well, I thought maybe if he can get the white covered with black & the furniture put back together, maybe $30.00 would be OK. Well, the man called & told me it would be a $65.00 charge for the first hour. I told him NO WAY. It is now October 2nd, & I still have not heard from anyone. My home is new & open & now this ugly, really bad furniture is sitting in my beautiful great room & it is very ashamed for anyone to come in my home & see this furniture. Basset of Louisville does not stand behind there furniture. They take your money & leave you very unhappy. This is the worst place I have ever dealt with. They really don't care what your furniture looks like or how bad it is made. Just get your money & end of story. I would never go back in Bassett & would tell anyone I know how they do business.
    Please help me get my money back. I really want to get this furniture out of my house. I can remember the good old days, where a furniture store wanted the customer to be happy & the furniture store would take pride in what they sell. Well, not anymore. This furniture looks like it came from a flee market & Bassett has not heard the end of this from me. I will keep on trying or get a lawyer.

I hope this is printed so people that live in Louisville, Kentucky knows how bad Bassett Furniture is here also.

2nd of Oct, 2009

Please print my comments. People in Louisville Ky. need to know that Bassett Furniture in Louisville will NOT stand behind there furniture.