Bank Of America Visa Billing System / bofa visa is setting up its customers to fail!
There are three practices of their billing system that increase the likelihood of its customers making late payments. This increases BofA profits but ruins the credit of its own customers.
1. They have shortened the billing cycle to 20 days instead of thirty days. This is according to their customer service rep. My statement still says 30 days.
2. The Payment Center is across the country where regular mail takes 5-10 days.
3. The statement comes in an unmarked envelope which looks like junk mail and can easily get tossed or shredded.
My recent billing cycle close date was 04/04. I received the statement on the 12th (8 days later).
The due date is 04/24. I must recognize the unmarked envelope as my statement, open the statement immediately, make the payment right away and get it into the mail in order for the payment to travel across the county by the due date. If there is a weekend or holiday or inclement weather in the East, I will incur a late fee and a late payment will be reported to the credit bureaus thus lowering my credit score. No waiting for the weekend or first of the month for bill paying day. Don't take a vacation or you will be late by the time you get home.
I have been caught once, I am wiser now and am complaining.
Send your complaints to:
Kenneth D. Lewis, Chairman, CEO and President
Bank of America - Executive Relations
100 N. Tryon St
Mail Code: NC4-[protected]
Charlotte NC 28255
Contact Congress by writing Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney
2331 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC [protected]
More Bank Of America Visa Billing System Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location