Bank Of America / bogus nsf fees

1 NY, United States Review updated:

This is similar to what I have had happen. Last week, I had had my direct deposit posted and went to pay a few bills. when I checked online, everything was posted and "Cleared" according to what I seen online. which my balance was $94.87 I made a $80.oo payment then a $7.84 and a $4.27 charge which would have made my balance at that point $2.76. well I went and figured "all is fine, everything was taken care of" little did I know that as of this time this morning, I incurred $105.00 in NSF fees that was completly unwarrented. I called them and they told me the charges were posted before the deposit and the fees will not be refunded. I feel taken advantage of by Bank of America and will never deal with them again. All I see is a bank that takes advantage of people who does not make alot of money finds ways to make a buck of the consumer and this problem needs to be addressed. our hard earned money is our money which we need to survive..pay bills, get our medications, feed our children. How would they feel if those very same people that does this practice have this happen to them?

Comments

• Md
      1st of Dec, 2009

I agree, Bank of America they are thieves, I signed up for the text message feature for account balance, I had available money in my checking account, all of the sudden I am overdrawn. It turns out I had to pay 7 fees of $35.00 each because I used my card on small things like coffee and luch, the upsetting part was that I rushed to make a deposit to cover for the amount I went over (less than 10 usd) and I still got hit with the 7 fees totaling $245.00 usd, when I called, they practically said TOO BAD but in a business-like manner. This people have no compassion. I am a single mother with a 4 month old baby. My next paycheck will be $0.00 because this fees are going to absorb it all, and in top of that they will charge me a $35.00 fee for being overdrawn 5 days in a row. I hope someday government regulates the excessive fees this banks charge. No wonder American people are broke, we are just paying fees for the CEO's to get more rich.