Bank Of America / fraudulent fees

1 Marysville, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been a bofa customer for 17 years now, with some fraudulent charges on my account that were always quickly resolved when I called. (Wonder how many times other people were charged that maybe didn't notice like I did?)This time was the last straw, though, and I have contacted the Federal Reserve. I recently deposited my income tax return money to my account. A few days later, I transferred some of it to my savings account via online banking, knowing I had overdraft protection in case anything came out of my checking. A few days later, I received 3 overdraft charges! I promptly contacted bofa, and the 3 people I talked to agreed that the charges didn't make sense and would transfer me to the correct call center so this would be fixed. Then I got diconnected and their call centers were closed. So I called back today (3-11-10), and was transferred multiple times before they finally came to the conclusion that they were keeping my $105 worth of fees and that they were right! Really!?!?? They say because I transferred it out of my checking account, it was no longer in there, and it hadn't posted to my savings account yet (even though my online banking confirmed that it was), so it was not available there. Where then, may I ask, WAS it? It's MY money, but it's somehow out in "limbo-land" where it's not available to cover my charges? I have been in the wrong before (not had enough money, etc), and I have understood why a fee was charged. But this time, I had plenty of money available, just not "technically" available when I actually needed it. But I am the "little man" and they are the big banking institution, so how do I fight that? This is so frustrating!

Comments

• Jm
      10th of Aug, 2010

I am suffering a lose of $1, 521. 27 phone calls later and a cancelled invitation to consult with my "personal banker" (which I did not know I hired!) I suppose it is wise to use our Government resources which are available to us. The reason: seveal transactions NOT authorized by me were made. Money was taken out of one account- then placed in another account that I hold - and then placed back in the original - and transfers fees were charged to my account! TRANSFERS THAT WERE NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME! - HAD NO PURPOSE - THE OTHER ACCOUNT HELD MORE THEN WHAT WAS BEING TRANSFERRED IN.
    THERE WAS NO NEED!!!AND THEY SAY "PROVE TO US THAT YOU DID NOT CALL THE BANK AND AUTHORIZE THIS"
    Why don't they say "we will prove to you that you called and authorized these transactions. Tranactions that make NO sense!!!