Bank Of America / outrageous fees
I have repeatedly been screwed over by boa. Their website is great... As long as you want to track how many overdraft fees you will receive!
They have a tendency to do two things 1) they will credit your account as little as legally possible ($100 until the check clears, even though the checking rules after 9/11 made checks clear almost immediately, although they can wait 7-10 business days to have it clear). And 2) wait for all that overdraft money to flow in. Your online statement will read something like this by date (Day 1) $700 paycheck pending, (Day 2) $200 on groceries pending, (Day 3) $200 on bills pending, (Day 4) $100 on car repairs pending, (Day 5) $100 on doctor bills, and (Day 6) $100 in cash. Guess what boa does? Sorry, but your paycheck didn't clear until they could rack up all those overdraft fees, so it's $35x6=$210. And that's just quick math for it. I've had more than a few overdraft charges because they dragged their feet with my paychecks. How can they really charge a person a $35 overdraft fee over a coke and a bag of chips?
I find this type of banking quite disgusting and prefer local banks. I'd rather pay the few dollars to get money at an atm than $35 for overdraft fees. It is absolutely ridiculous.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America Corporation - cash advance transaction
- Bank Of America Corporation - online fraud by money
- Bank Of America Corporation - mishandling of fraudulent online purchase claim
- BOA Property Claims - holding twia claim funds
- Bank Of America Corporation - checking