Bank Of America / charges to check my account balance

1 Gallup, NM, United States Review updated:

I receive child support payments through a debit card system. This is set up with the State of New Mexico Child Support Enforcement Division. Bank of America charges .50 cent every time I call to check my account balance. May not seem like a lot to some people but to those of us who need those funds coming in and dont alway get them on time... we check our accounts daily... it adds up. Bank of America is using the State to help them rip people off.

Comments

• Tr
      21st of Aug, 2009

Agree, this is a rip off; but, not sure where all the fees go. The partnership saves the States money - big time.

I just checked on all charges that apply to this account. Found out what the fine print means. This is in CALIFORNIA

1) 4 free withdrawals a month after that - it is a $1.50 charge to withdraw funds
    2) 1 free customer service call per month - after that each call is $1.50 charge to the account
    3) ATM's that are not B0fA there is a BofA charge of $1.50 and the ATM charge as well
    4) DO NOT SWIPE THE CARD AT THE GAS STATION PUMP - this causes a 72 hour automatic HOLD on $75.00 or what ever amount is in the account !
    5) negative balance charge - $20.00

The arrears on my child support is 200, 000.00 and an institution has a right to put a hold on any of the few dollars that are attached and charge fees?
    This is the best example of BANKING in AMERICA and CHILD PROTECTION working TOGETHER. SHAMEFUL

• Ha
      4th of Sep, 2009

That is NOT Bank of America, it is a green PAY CARD that has nothing to do with Bank of America, it is through your employer and I know you know this. Why don't you just go to the bank and open a normal account.

• Va
      8th of Jul, 2010

It is not the banks fault? Are you kidding? This is a card that I was sent to me by the State of California, so that I could get paid $60 per month, on $1000, 000 of child support that I should been paid years ago. Green Pay card? You must work for the bank! Bank od America issue's the card based on some deal they made with the state.
    Mister Banker! AND YOU KNOW THAT! Yeah, it's a green card alright. It make alot of green for the banks on the lifes of children?

I just went to get gas with my "child upport" card, and got a 72 hr hold on $60.
    Again, I am owed $100, 000.o0 for back child support. My boys are men now, and one is a police officer, my baby is 28 years old and I have fought for over twenty years just to get child support that is owned to me., and now I am being raped again by the banks. I guess thats how it goes. No Justice. Here's the justice the state makes a deal to let the bank take your money. Nice, but I bet mister banker will say thats fair, because he's the one ripping you off.
    I'm calling the media. GREEN PAY CARD! PLEASE...