Bank Of America / overdraft fee

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

how can you deposit a check that is reversed from your account and then lost meanwhile they start charging you overdraft fees and never find your item you deposited, they reversed, and while you are trying to get another replacement check to fix their loss they just keep charging and charging...to add salt to the wound now that your account is overdrawn we are going to hold the next deposit (although it is a bank check) for another ten days and keep racking up fees!!! This is a ludicrous way to treat a customer. I closed the account and a month later receive a call that the account is 735.00 overdrawn...in fees, multiplying fees on top of fees. Well Bank of America, you can keep those fees in that overdrawn account along with the $1280.00 in fees I was too sick with cancer to catch, and have a nice day! I am finally wiser to your pitiful game.

Comments

• Le
      7th of Aug, 2008

This complaint post is for my daughter. She had 4 overdraft fees taken from her BoA account recently. The problem arises in she had transferred money from her savings into her checking (both BoA) on the weekend. All the transactions posted the same day, however, before the pending transactions went through, the overdraft fee was calculated putting her in the red. So, when the transfer posted the same day as the debits (I am sure the debits were first-all little amounts under $10), she incurred 3 more nsf fees. Now she is in the red with no way of putting anything in the account. If the first nsf had not been calculated with pending but not posted transactions, this domino effect would never have occurred. We filed complaints with the Federal Reserve (on their website), The FTC (from website), and the BBB about these practices. The Fed Reserve claims to investigate complaints. I do not know what they do if anything, but what the heck? Too bad they do not realize without customers, they have NO business! More corporations need to realize that the BIG accounts are not the biggest part of their business, but it's the "little guy" who keeps them running. In my biz, I would rather have 20 small accounts, than 2 Big accounts. I may go to a lawyer if we receive no satisfaction at the local branch. Or... perhaps we all need to ban together somehow and create a petition if it has not already been done.

• Sh
      18th of Aug, 2008

I am dealing with this too it is crazy.I am switching banks but I agree something needs to be done.

• St
      21st of Sep, 2008

I would LOVE to be a part of a class action suit against B of A. I can't even begin to tell you the stories I have of them actually STEALING from me. Contact me at leequaid@yahoo.com if you get an attorney.

• Sy
      11th of Apr, 2009

Bank of America does not pay items as presented. They "pick and choose" the payment of item in order to incur the largest amount of overdraft fees. They turn a deaf ear when you protest this practice. Bank of America shouldn't be entitled to any stimulus money. They already have their own bailout...it called overdraft fees! "We the People" need to take back our power and stop being victims. Inundate the White House with letters and emails demanding that the president do something about B of A. What they do to the American people is true terrorism!

• Bl
      23rd of Jan, 2010

hi

i and my husband have been charged for late fee around 5 times once for 1.50 dollar.we lost 1000 dollar when we calculated till now. its such a worst thing with customers ripping off the money 35 dollar everytime .
    any way want to cancel the account asap . why is there no government bank in usa? the private banks are always like this.

please suggest a good bank in usa.

• Ag
      15th of Apr, 2010

I am extremely disappointed with the overdraft fees, I honestly was not aware of them. If I would of known about the charges I wouldn’t of used my debit card PERIOD! Also another thing I am disappointed at is that the bank employers didn’t inform me about placing a hold on a deposit I made of $160. I am a very responsible and organized person I keep track of every single transaction I make whether it’s a purchase, transaction at an ATM, deposit, etc. Because of this dissatisfaction I called the 1800 number spoke to a representative then got transferred to a manager on duty and he was even more disrespectful and disconnected the call, while I was being honest in a very polite way. I would appreciate if someone will reply to this email or contact me through phone or address as soon as possible. Thanks for your comprehension.

• Su
      23rd of Jun, 2015

Dear Ms. Peterson, last month I was out of town and didn't realize my phone bill was a little over a $1 higher so I was charged a $35 overdraft fee. I called the Bank of America number and requested a refund but was told they don't do that. That's my first overdraft fee and I don't understand the problem. It really seemed outrages that I was charged that overdraft fee for just that small amount. Please let me know what I can do to avoid this problem. I've been a good customer since 2011 and I thought my request to refund the overdraft was reasonable. Thank you for your time and I hope I can avoid this problem again.