Bank Of America Corporation / unethical behavior
There was Hurricane Matthew that hit Palm Coast, Fl. on October 7, 20016 and my home has suffered a lot of damage. My homeowner's insurance paid me approximately $76, 000+ in three separate checks for the damages I incurred. I held on to the checks for two weeks and finally tried to deposit the checks in person. The two small checks were accepted, but I was told that since the check was over $20, 000 it would have to go to your Simi Valley, Ca. bank for verification. Here is the problem: the check was made out to myself and my late husband and Bank of America. I tried explaining to the people at my local BofA that I do not have a mortgage and never did. The associate said that it does not matter as she said that it needs to go to your Calif. branch anyway because it was $20, 000. She instructed me to go the the UPS store across the street and to mail it overnight, costing me $43.00 to. Turns out that it should gone to your North Carolina branch. Still even after I mailed the check, I pursued the issue and later found someone who was diligent enough to check that I really did not have a mortgage, but I did have a line of credit that you did not close. I have asked this nice man to please call my homeowner's insurance to stop payment on the check and issue a new one as he sent him a copy of the release. Its no wonder a get a lot of solicitation thru email and the regular mail. I have a name of the person who I spoke with in 2008 to close the account.
Another issue is that my husband passed away June 21, 2004 and would you believe you have been sending my condolence letters. This is so disturbing because I personally went to my local bank then when he died. We have been banking with BofA for many, many years and I feel that my reputation has been so violated.
Another issue is that I get solicitations from you concerning "my" business. I never had a business in my life - I wish I did.
For the aggravation that I suffered, I believe I should be compensated for my troubles and I will leave this up to you to decipher.
Linda C. Ramirez
More Bank Of America Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - Bank of America doesn’t care about customer service in their branches anymore.
- Bank Of America Corporation - Fraud Dispute on Credit Card
- Bank Of America Corporation - holding funds
- Bank Of America Corporation - debit card stolen and used
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud