Bank Of America Corporation / bogus overdraft fees!

1 United States

I bank on-line, and I checked my checking account balance at 9 p.over-drafting. last night, before I went to bed. All was fine, and I knew all would be outright great the next day, since I knew my pay check would be directly deposited. But wow!!! Bright and early this morning, I learned while checking again on-line that BOA levied a $35 overdraft fee on my account. The ledger presented on-line by BOA shows no negative entries!!! No item that led to a minus-whatever balance. Just the $35 fee, "conveniently" stolen from me, by BOA!

I called the bank about 9 this morning, only to get a major run-around. I was kept on hold for a long time, and pushed in the number to let BOA call me back some 2 hours later. When the call came, a BOA rep. told me she could not remove the fee, since there were indeed some charges that came in, charges that led to my "overdraft." I told her I see no evidence of any overdrafting, and I insisted she remove the fee, since BOA shows no such overdraft. She said her computer system would not allow removal of that fee! So, I asked for a manager, and was put on hold. The rep. eventually returned to say she still could not reach the manager for me. She said the manager would call me back later. The manager's call came about noon, as I was driving, so I put the manager on speaker, and heard the nonsense, again, about some charges somehow getting submitted to BOA...(I guess in the wee hours of morning, and I guess, BEFORE BOA could first post my paycheck that also came this morning). I told the manager I needed to file a formal dispute against BOA. But of course, I l see no evidence that she granted my request, and I still see that bogus, $35 fee, without ANY written justification by BOA!

Sc