Bank Of America Corporation / b of a prepaid edd card

1 Fullerton, CA, United States

To whom it may concern:

Good evening, I recently had unauthorized charges on my card and had to have my card replaced. Here's the problem that occurred. I had no idea about the ensuing nightmare I was about to experience. When I canceled my card on Thursday, I had no idea I would not get a new card until Monday. I also didn't know there was no way I could access my account or pull out money from my account without a card. Which meant I had to pay $15 through Western Union services or go the whole weekend without any money. Here's the problem I have, you would think the representative I was speaking with, would've exercised some common courtesy and told me about the impending nightmare I was about to face. Could've simply said, "if you need money go take out what you need to get you by until you get your new card on Monday". That's what we call good customer service. Unfortunately, your representative didn't tell me anything. So the next day I had to waste my money to pull out my money through Western Union. I called in at 1 PM and the representative told me 3 to 5 hours. I called at 4 pm and 5 pm. After waiting 4 hours, I was then told it's going to take 5 to 7 hours. I explained to the representative that I needed this money by 7:30 pm to cover funds for my other account. If not, I will be charge insufficient fund fees. She proceeded to just hang the phone up in my face. I was not using foul language nor was I yelling. I was definitely upset, but I was not disrespectful in anyway. I don't know who thought of this program, but it appears that the person was trying to make it as inconvenient and difficult to deal with as possible. The way you guys handle deactivating cards, has to be one of the worst procedures I've seen in a long time. An absolute disgrace!
Demetrius Brown