Bank Of America / illegal charges!

I had a no annual fee credit card from Bank of America, but I haven't been using it since 2001. I have not received any new cards to be activated, and no mail or phone calls of any kind related to my credit card account from Bank of America since 2001. My balance was $0 every month in 2002, $0 every month in 2003, $0 every month in 2003, $0 every month in 2004, $0 every month in 2005, and $0 every month in 2006 until September, when I was charged an annual fee of $39, and my balance became $39. There have been no statements sent to me, and I have found out about my balance when checking my credit report in February 2007. Not having an active account and no communication with the bank for 5 years, the sudden charge charge is illegal. The bank keeps adding interest every month, so that my balance almost doubles every 2 months. In addition, they reported the account as being delinquent, and damaged my credit scores. I am currently seeking legal action against the bank.

Comments

• Ka
      26th of Feb, 2007

I have been using my card for nearly the same amount of time. Only one late payment and that was 3 years ago. Then all of a sudden, my rates went from 0% to %15.99%. Pure, unadulterated usury. And this is after I've been paying more-than-minimum payments and even paying when I was given a "payment holiday" for two months in a row. They need to be stopped. I'm working hard to pay off my card, but their finance charges are making that extremely difficult. I've learned my lesson, now I want to get on with my life.

• Fl
      15th of Jul, 2007

Unaware that money was drowned out of my account? Why? I would like a refund unless with a reason.

• Ro
      21st of Aug, 2007

I had the same thing happening, my account was closed for almost a year and I was finishing paying off my credit card, they charged me the same amount that you mentioned, I called them and simply told them that my account had been closed since a year and they refunded me. Good luck!

• To
      28th of Jan, 2008

Barclays Finance needs people in the usa and canada area that have equity line of credit or e-trade account that will enable our clients customers in the usa and canada area to receive money on their behalf and takes a commision of 10% at each receipt. contact Tom Smith on tomsmith20002000@yahoo.com for more details.

• Ca
      16th of Jul, 2009

have you been able to seek legal action I had been sick and had a few emotional problems asked the bank to work with me and not return my check etc because I would at times duplicate pay on line . they said they paid the largest first which ment a cup of coffee cost me 36.00 intstead of1.00 and for 3 years I could not keep up with the additional overdraft charges incurred to pay my bills and was forced into debt management being 68 one day I went to another bRANCH AND THEY asked why I had this account and put me in an access account which I beleive I have more controll over. and they return the checks that are not being paid which helps and alerts me they also showed me ways to limit my debit card but why did it take 3 years I also would like to get in touch with a lawyer