Bank Of America / lies and fraud and worst bank on earth

Over the recent months, I have had several run ins with B/A customer service. When Paypal accidently debited my account and caused overdrafts they would not credit my account. I just got 2 more overdrafts that per posted against pending items. I did not relieze that I was overdrawn and had quickly made a deposit to cover the charges the same day. However, B/A charged me anyway (which according to their reps over the years) was different than what I had been told. Great ... now that overcharge will escalate into a significant sum. B/A has no care whatsoever as to how that impact their customer. I am keeping the account open with a min balance of $10, just to cost them money.

Li

Comments

• Ti
      28th of Feb, 2010

If it was paypal's fault, they're the ones responsible for the overdraft charges, not the bank. What's paypal doing about it?

• Re
      6th of Mar, 2010

I'm not sure about BAnk of America's policy but I'm 80% sure it's similiar at the bank I work for. Most banks' policies use BAnk of AMerica as a model. We will refund the overdraft fees IF the merchant acknowledges their mistake and posts your refund back into your account via your card or through ACH.

I'd rethink your strategy as far as costing BOA money by leaving $10 in your account. #1: What type of an account do you have with them? If there's a monthly service charge, your defeating your own purpose because you have to maintain a certain balance to avoid the monthly service charge. #2: If you're like me and you were lucky enough to take advantage of their no monthly service charge when you opened their basic account online then you MUST keep the account active. They have the discretion of either charging an inactivity fee if you leave the account dormant. #3: My husband had that idiotic logic too. He wanted to "punish" the credit card companies by not using their card again and forcing them to send paper statements each month. Guess who had to waste time by shredding all the documents? Companies are getting smarter and will find a way to save their costs. The penalty is they raise their fees elsewhere to compensate. Thanks for costing us money, "Likonna".