Bank Of America / refuse to relinquish accounts

Bank of America got control of four of our banking accounts by taking over MBNA; we would never willingly do business with B of A. Wrenching our money away from B of A has been the longest and most frustrating financial transactions we have ever encountered. B of A ignores all e-mail submitted through their website. Simply ignores it! B of A also ignores faxes, snail mail, and Certified Return Receipt snail mail! The latter is signed by "R. Jones" -- but nobody knew any "R. Jones" when I called to inquire why my instructions to close an account continued to be ignored. Beyond nervy! The only way you can communicate with B of A is on the phone -- which means verbally with no witnesses and no proof. So even though some fake first named B of A phone employee promised to close my account and wave the bogus penalties fees imposed after the account was ordered to be closed, today (months later after no statements or other communications) I receive a threatening notice from B of A saying that they plan to ruin our credit and lives if we don't pay the ever-increasing amount of bogus penalties plus interest on our long-closed empty bank account. Bank of America, I hate you.

Bank of America Corporation Logo Bank of America Corporation