Bank Of Americacredit card fee scam

In February 2009, I paid my card payment online before noon on its due date, only to learn that the Monday due date was a holiday. Being disabled and unable to work, I hadn't realized that the day was a bank holiday. I had missed one payment a few months before because I mislaid the bill. My fault. I paid the late charge.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Baytown, TXBut missing two payments jacked my interest rate up to almost 20%. Upon checking, I realized that since May 2008, five of the total 13 payment due dates were on days when the bank was closed. If the library in my town can program their computer to schedule book due dates only on days when they are open, why can't Bank of America do the same? I would love to get in on a class action law suit to bring attention to this consumer scam.

Mo

Comments

• Av
      Jun 18, 2009

Your disability shouldn't be used as an excuse. It makes it look like you are fishing for pity.
    You sound pretty functional to me. How does it prevent you from paying a bill on time?

•   Jun 18, 2009

So invalids don't know when there's a holiday?

Here's a tip, quit waiting 'til the last minute to pay your bills, you inattentive dolt.