Bank Of America / scam charges
I opened a checking and savings account with Bank of America in 2005.I had direct deposit of my pension checks from VA and SSDI.In May of 2006 I received a check of $3.800 usd from England stating that I had won a lottery in England. I researched on line and the Bank existed, the account existed and the Lottery Service had a working number.I have been playing the German, Spanish, Phillipine, Austrailian and English lotteries on line for two years.
I took the check for three thousand eight hundred dollars to the manager of the Bank of America. I explained the details to him along with his teller and he deposit the check in my account would be ok. I made the mistake over the next two or three weeks of paying my bills, using my bank account in a normal fashion.
The check was returned to BOA from England. The risk department took $1135.00 out of my checking account and closed my checking account, reported my name to Chex Systems for a negative balance of -$2, 723.00 and did not pay the three checks that I had written without any knowledge of the closure of my account.
Ms Hilda Storts of the Risk Department of BoA stated that I should be mad at the issuer of the check not Bank of America. She also stated that I had deliberately withdrew my money over the weekend in order to 'beat the Bank of America out of their money???' When I pointed out to her that had I wanted to do so I could have closed my account and taken all of my funds away in the four weeks that it took for the check to be returned, she hung up on me.
I went to four or five different banks to open a checking account for my direct deposits and all of the banks ran a check of this Chex Systems found this item of dispute between me and BoA and said'No' I ended up using an online loadable MasterCard as a 'Bank' for my checking account.
There is more... I will send another report tomorrow night.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud protection
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied
- Bank Of America Corporation - the racist comments the bakers in delano california
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service