Ballys Total Fitness / Refusal to Cancel Contrat

1 North Bergen, NJ, United States

I joined Ballys total fitness and signed what I thought was a two year contract. After paying on the account for a year with no missed payments, I was involved in a car accident and advised by a physician to discontinue going to the gym. When I submitted my paperwork to cancel the contract I was told that only a portion of the contratc would be cancelled because I had an additional member who I let use my account go to the gym.
The cancellation rights of the contract clearly state, "If the primary member is cancelled then all additional members under him are cancelled as well." The additional memebr was my girfreind who I gave a card to but she has no legal bindings to the contratc and is not legeally obligated to pay, she was just a member who went under my contratc. Now that I am physically unable to go to the gym, , Im being told that I still have to pay so that she can go, , when she is not even a primary member. ballys has notified all three credit bureas and reuse to cancel this contract.
I am receiving harrassing phone calls from ballys everyday and they will not stop.

Ds