Bally Total FitnessDebt

A Encino, CA Review updated:

Dear Board Members: June 17, 2009

In June 2008 I went to Bally Total Fitness and signed an agreement as members. The representative told me since I have health condition and my weight is high she can provided me with special program to help me to reduce the weight. In first class at fitness I could not do the exercise given by coach. Than I went to office I ask to cancel my agreement since I am not able to do the exercises. She contacts the office to cancel my agreement. Few days later a manager of fitness call and talk to me about the problem and I did also explained about my health condition which I am not able to do the Exercise. He started to do argument with me but, in final he mentioned he will cancel the agreement and will refund to me. This conversation was verbally by phone. Now, I do not know what was the company’s problem that he sent a collection notice against me. I am over $1306.80 charged while I have not use the fitness center even one day. And Since June 31, 2008 I cancelled the membership. There was some collection of $85.00 which company did not pay my money too.
I hope to receive a protection from the your office.

Sincerely,
Akram Banai

• J
      Oct 24, 2009

I think with this complaint you're full of crap. You signed an agreement so don't back out.

• A
      Aug 30, 2010

You need a gym membership, like OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson & Robert Blake need wife's in their life.