Baers's - Serta Adjustable Bed / did not receive the right order!

Baer's furniture company

Cost $2419.81 dep $1300.00 (included delivery and removal of old bed)

Ordered a standard length full size bed that would fit into my antique bed frame i have used for 50 years and reminded the sales rep christine dorbuck that it had to be a standard length bed to fit into the frame.

Place order 8/26/06 to be delivered right after labor day 9/4/06.
Delivered 9/30/06 a hodge'-podge base and mattress. Called christine and she would replace the base with a standard length.

I gave a check in good faith for the balance due on delivery on the promise of replacement of the bed frame to standard length. Of course the check was cashed and left me hanging.
Then i get news it is not available when i called baer ‘s. No one called me.

Standard mattress and extra length base. I called on 10/6/06 and was told by christine for the first time that the base only comes in extra length and the mattress only comes in standard length.
What kind of outfit would be dumb enough to deliver this misfit combination and call the order complete??????????

I should have been informed at time the order was placed that the base comes only in extra length, but the sales comes first!!!!
Baer's mistake.

I went to the mattress stores, but choose baer’s because i though this would be the most reliable, local,good service, not take advange and guarantee their merchandise and service! Boy was i wrong!!! Local only!

Page ii

What i got was reprehensible:
3 weeks late on delivery
A hodge’-podge set
Damage corner of the wall
Had to fight for the removal old bed
Take advantage of senior
Petty coat and sheets are too short
Can’t use antique frame

Damage wall trying to get the base still in the crate, chipped the corner right down to the metal corner bead. Finally uncreated the base in the living room at my sugestion and could make the turn into room without damage to wall..

Baer’s offered to replace the mattress in the extra length. I have tried to go a long with the correction of baer's mistake, but the replacement mattress is awful it is to long for the small room, i have no sheets to fit and it still will not fit into the antique bed frame. Not what i ordered

Delivered replace mattress on 10/18/06, called christine 10/21/06, she said to call mgr. Larry later as he was out sick. Called him on 10/23/06 and he would talk to christine and call back on the next day--no call--i called again on10/27/06 and was told he was with someone and would call as soon as he was free--no call. Called on 10/28/06 he could not be found, operator would give him the message--no call. I did expect him to be a gentlemen and at least return a call. Pass the buck to christine, she called absolutely will do nothing andalso with a little ad-lib memory?????

I want this hodge’-podge base and mattress picked up and a full refund in the amount of $ 2419.81.

This is baer's mistake, not telling me that i could not get what i had ordered, not mine!! Do the right thing.

It is not my responsibility to accept or live with your mistake. I tried, just does not work. I have never been treated so badly.

Blanche r olsen
561.719.1757

Comments

• Ka
      25th of Oct, 2008

This is nothing short of ELDER ABUSE. Call your local TV station and make a complaint about this company. This is the kind of story that TV stations want to run (Elder Abuse). If this does not become a "story" on the news, perhaps your TV station has a program like we have in the SF bay area called "7 on your side" where a reporter gets involved and gets the bed company to perform for fear of appearing on the news.

• Ka
      25th of Oct, 2008

And, thanks for writing this article. I won't be buying Serta.

• Av
      17th of Sep, 2009

It amazes me when I see advertsing that says how great Baer's customer service is. They are crooks and liars and they could not care less about their customers! They get you in, sell you everything they can with a big smile on their face, but ask them to stand behind their furniture or provide any morsel of customer service and you are on your own. AVOID BAER"S FURNITURE at all cost. I am out over $12, 000 for my bad choice in furniture stores.