Baer's Furniture Logo

Baer's Furniture

Having problems with Baer's Furniture?

+1 954 946 8007 (Customer Service)
+1 772 221 8679 (Stuart, FL)
+1 561 626 6100 (North Palm Beach, FL)
+1 561 684 3225 (West Palm Beach, FL)
+1 561 391 2012 (Boca Raton, FL)
+1 954 731 8830 (Tamarac, FL)
+1 954 566 0266 (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
+1 954 927 0237 (Dania Beach, FL)
+1 954 442 8788 (Pembroke Pines, FL)
+1 239 513 2237 (Naples, FL)
+1 239 278 4401 (Fort Myers, FL)
+1 941 624 3377 (Port Charlotte, FL)
+1 941 923 4200 (Sarasota, FL)
+1 407 618 8000 (Casselberry, FL)
+1 321 872 2377 (Melbourne, FL)
+1 305 668 8400 (Pinecrest, FL (Miami)
+1 407 478 2237 (Winter Garden, FL)
1589 NW 12th Ave.

Winter Garden, FL
12105 West Colonial Drive, Winter Garden,  FL 34787

Complaints & Reviews

damaged furniture

I am writing to dispute a purchase in the amount of $2130.00 for furniture that was defective upon arrival...

kept my money, no furniture

I gave deposit on furniture ($10, 000) 2 years ago. I have received no furniture and no refund of deposit...

won't accept return

My mother bought me a recliner from Baer's Furniture 14 days ago. She bought the chair from the Stuart...

bad customer service

My mother in law purchased a living room and kitchen set at the store. 2 days later we got a call that the sofa was not available unless we took the floor model (no other discount was offered). The day before delivery they called to say the sofa table is broken. I asked to speak to a manager, they told me one would not be in the store until the next afternoon. I left a message on the owner's voice mail. Larry [protected] ext 320.

A call was made to the salesman about the sofa and how disappointed we were, he stated he didn't care if we took it or not, there were plenty of others in line for it if we didn't want it. Nice customer service!!!

John Truong Aug 21, 2008

Please don't buy from Baer's Furniture. They won't stand by what they promise you.

• Be
    bethp Aug 20, 2009

Donot buy anything from Baers furniture. They say something and the managers are really rude and doesnt keep the promise. They still owe us money. Try Ashley's, if you are furniture shopping. You can cancel or keep..WITH a refund.

• Ml
    mlou09 Jun 29, 2014

Luckily, we did not purchase everything from them. We bought Tommy Bahama Lexington furniture, so I knew the quality. I worked with 3 different folks during my purchase process trying to get a decent sales person. Only the last one (who was on loan from another store) was helpful. The first two told me repeatedly that they were designers, yet were only interested in getting the fastest sale on floor items. When you asked about special orders they pretty much told you that this option was not reasonable (until they thought we weren't purchasing anything, then the special order because much more attractive). Both sales people tried to sell me high end items that simply would not fit in my area. One suggestion had a love seat abutting up to my tv console (6" room between them). We are not designers and repeatedly told them we were concerned. I had a floor layout and pictures with me, but they were interested in the overall dimensions of the room, not taking the existing furniture into consideration. They were awful. Tommy Bahama is fair traded and there was a sale on so we did buy a 4, 000 (on sale) sofa from them. I held back part of the payment just to help with any problems. I then read some of the complaints, so was prepared to refuse delivery on anything that had even the slightest problem, but luckily everything was okay.

Given the size of the furniture they were trying to sell me I asked what happened if it got there and didn't fit, the "designer" mumbled something about store credit. I am sure the 150.00 delivery charge would have been deducted also. The sofa I did get which was about the size of the ones they were trying to sell me WITH and arm chair or love seat just fits into the room. Anything else would have overwhelmed the room. If you go there PLEASE use your own judgement and do not listen to them because they tell you they are designers. Neither had any MA Design or other valid credentials on their cards, only designer or design consultant.

They also advertise all kinds of support with paint, room layouts, etc. NONE of this was offered or even hinted at during the sale. Any references to help where quickly diverted into another subject.

We went back for their clearance as they are the largest TB dealers in Florida (even something Lexington will tell you) and found 2 dining chairs that I wanted on clearance, I asked what was wrong with them and the manager (this salesperson was actually helpful with these type questions) told us he had no idea, but they couldn't be sold as firsts (implying figure it out yourself). When asking about the fabric insurance, he rolled his eyes and told us, of course they couldn't offer it. Even though I just spent 4, 000 on a sofa with them a few weeks prior, he still acted like we were homeless wandering in off the street and really should stop bothering them.

This site helped my prepare myself in case there was a problem and I hope this message helps anyone thinking about using Baer's. I would go there to look at the items and then get it from a reputable dealer who is actually qualified and interested in helping you. I have another 10, 000 or so to buy, but Baer's will not see a dime of it.

Lexington controls the price of Tommy Bahama furniture, so prices are pretty much the same everywhere, unless they are having a sale. I have gotten two different answers about whether the sale was on. That is just plain lying by one of them. I asked about a sale and got a response about a possible upcoming price increase. They are only there to get your money and then they are done with you.

damaged furniture!

We were scheduled to move into a new home April 1, 2007 and ordered furniture from Baer's in mid-March (Approximately $25,000). All the dining room seats were damaged. Workmanship on upolstery was shoddy. The bedroom set's amoire was damaged. The kitchen chairs (4) and the bar stools(3) all had the wrong material ( I had special-ordered a particular fabric.) The bar stools also had different legs that were a different color, design and a totally different wood than the arms. There have been unlimited calls to the store, customer service and my sales rep (Marjorie Sapanaro) I have had to call back several times before someone would speak to me or return my calls. When they return your call, there is never an apology, only excuses.

It took three delivery trips before I received all my dining room chairs in good condition. It is now August 7 and I still don't have the amoire or the kitchen chairs or bar stools. I am scheduled for another delivery today and I have doubts that the furniture will be correct. I would not recommend this company to any of my friends or anyone in our development.

I will follow up to this complaint to advise how the delivery goes today.

• Pe
    Peto Hankel Nov 14, 2007

Baers furniture has nice stuff, but beware if anything goes wrong. There service and policies are terrible. If you buy use a credit card so you can dispute.

karen l coglianese Feb 07, 2008

I ordered a complete bedroom set back in October 2007 from Baers furniture store but requested to have delivery in December. Painting & flooring had to be taken care of first. My experience was nothing short of a nightmare. From the start they brought the wrong size bedrails which would fit a California King bed which I did not have. It took them 5 tries to get the right and undamaged rails to me 7 weeks later. I lost pay due to having to take time off from my job 3 different days, to only have a failed delivery. Messages were left with Larry Baer who's voice mail said all calls will be returned within 48hrs. Well the coward never did call after leaving 2 messages.
    Needless to say, the warehouse customer service was the worst ever and I promise I will never shop at Baers again . Truly lousy customer satisfaction!! Bewarned!

kc

• Ro
    Robert Dictor Feb 21, 2008

I can't believe that my experience is almost identical to the previous postings. We ordered a headboard, dresser and nightstand. Instead of a headboard, they delivered a footboard. After several calls to the store, leaving messages and not getting return calls, I asked to speak with the manager. He was not available, so I left a VM message. Never got a return call. He's Mr. Baer's nephew. Finally after additional attempts, got a call back from the salesperson who generated a re-order. After two more weeks of waiting, a headboard shows up - KING instead of a QUEEN! I called customer service, explained my problem, told them that I didn't want to talk directly to the store since they don't return calls, and instead wanted to talk to the customer service manager. That person was on the phone,' but I was promised a call back in 5 minutes. I said "are you sure, 5 minutes?" and expressed my doubt that would happen. Sure enough, I NEVER got a call back.

We're still waiting for the QUEEN headboard. If not here this Saturday, they can expect a CC disputed charge for entire bedroom set.

The company is truly disfunctional, and unfortunately a reflection of top management/ownership.

• Ro
    Robert Dictor Feb 21, 2008

Oh, one additional point. The WRONG headboard shows up C.O.D! When everything had been paid for in advance. And their office couldn't correct the mistake.. terrible service and organization.

• La
    Larry Keefe Feb 15, 2010

We began our fiasco with Baers back in 2004, We purchased approximately $20, 000 worth of furniture from them. Our experiences mirror all of the other consumers' experiences articulated in this forum (damaged goods delivered time after time, incorrect items delivered, non-responsive and/or rude replies, ever changing managers that we dealt with and finally a blase' attitude from David Baer himself in the Sarasota store.) As part of our purchase in 2005, we bought a matching Natuzzi leather sofa and loveseat combo. As an add-on, we purchased the protective coating. In 2008 we began to notice cracking and roughness of the leather. We called and were told that Stain Safe, the company they had an agreement with, would send out a representative to inspect the damage. After saying that the sofa just needed to be cleaned with soap and water instead of the specially purchased cleaner and conditioner from Baers that we used diligently, he proceeded to make a mess of the sofa and finally said it needed to be replaced. We were contacted by Baers and GUESS WHAT! they don't have the same sofa. What they offered to do was exchange the sofa for one costing the same and give us 50% off of a new love seat. Of course just about every item in the store is 50% off of suggested retail therefore we would effectively just be purchasing even more furniture from them. They would not budge on price for a love seat! We are appalled that in this time of economic duress in the retail industry that Baers continues to operate with the same disregard for customer relations. We will do every thing in our power to ensure that word of their method of operation is made known to as many people as we can. I can only hope that through "word of mouth" Baers will feel the impact of their contempt for the customer and it will be reflected in their bottom line.

• Ca
    c&jP Oct 22, 2010

Beware of this company. When they deliver furniture the delivery men call the store and make you talk to a representative who wants to know if everything is OK. Carefully inspect all pieces, removing drawers and looking over everything very carefully. Otherwise when you find damage they will use the phone call to deny responsibility. I received a bedroom set and everything looked ok upon first glance. When I started to put clothes in the dresser I noticed that 2 drawers were crooked and there was a small area of marred finish near the bottom. I called and asked that they come out and adjust the drawers and fix the finish damage. After a month and at least4 phone calls someone finally came and looked at the piece. He removed the drawers and saw that the piece had obviously been dropped and the whole left side was damaged. An attempt to repair had been made in an unsatisfactory manner. He called Baer's and for about the fifth time I heard about the delivery phone call where I said everything appeared ok. I was told I would receive a call about repairs shortly. After over 5 weeks had elapsed and several phone calls to customer service, having been hung by one service rep, I was told they would be picking up the piece for repairs. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a phone call scheduling the pickup. Stay away from this store.

did not receive the right order!

Baer's furniture company

Cost $2419.81 dep $1300.00 (included delivery and removal of old bed)

Ordered a standard length full size bed that would fit into my antique bed frame i have used for 50 years and reminded the sales rep christine dorbuck that it had to be a standard length bed to fit into the frame.

Place order 8/26/06 to be delivered right after labor day 9/4/06.
Delivered 9/30/06 a hodge'-podge base and mattress. Called christine and she would replace the base with a standard length.

I gave a check in good faith for the balance due on delivery on the promise of replacement of the bed frame to standard length. Of course the check was cashed and left me hanging.
Then i get news it is not available when i called baer ‘s. No one called me.

Standard mattress and extra length base. I called on 10/6/06 and was told by christine for the first time that the base only comes in extra length and the mattress only comes in standard length.
What kind of outfit would be dumb enough to deliver this misfit combination and call the order complete??????????

I should have been informed at time the order was placed that the base comes only in extra length, but the sales comes first!!!!
Baer's mistake.

I went to the mattress stores, but choose baer’s because i though this would be the most reliable, local,good service, not take advange and guarantee their merchandise and service! Boy was i wrong!!! Local only!

Page ii

What i got was reprehensible:
3 weeks late on delivery
A hodge’-podge set
Damage corner of the wall
Had to fight for the removal old bed
Take advantage of senior
Petty coat and sheets are too short
Can’t use antique frame

Damage wall trying to get the base still in the crate, chipped the corner right down to the metal corner bead. Finally uncreated the base in the living room at my sugestion and could make the turn into room without damage to wall..

Baer’s offered to replace the mattress in the extra length. I have tried to go a long with the correction of baer's mistake, but the replacement mattress is awful it is to long for the small room, i have no sheets to fit and it still will not fit into the antique bed frame. Not what i ordered

Delivered replace mattress on 10/18/06, called christine 10/21/06, she said to call mgr. Larry later as he was out sick. Called him on 10/23/06 and he would talk to christine and call back on the next day--no call--i called again on10/27/06 and was told he was with someone and would call as soon as he was free--no call. Called on 10/28/06 he could not be found, operator would give him the message--no call. I did expect him to be a gentlemen and at least return a call. Pass the buck to christine, she called absolutely will do nothing andalso with a little ad-lib memory?????

I want this hodge’-podge base and mattress picked up and a full refund in the amount of $ 2419.81.

This is baer's mistake, not telling me that i could not get what i had ordered, not mine!! Do the right thing.

It is not my responsibility to accept or live with your mistake. I tried, just does not work. I have never been treated so badly.

Blanche r olsen
561.719.1757

Karen Allen Oct 25, 2008

This is nothing short of ELDER ABUSE. Call your local TV station and make a complaint about this company. This is the kind of story that TV stations want to run (Elder Abuse). If this does not become a "story" on the news, perhaps your TV station has a program like we have in the SF bay area called "7 on your side" where a reporter gets involved and gets the bed company to perform for fear of appearing on the news.

Karen Allen Oct 25, 2008

And, thanks for writing this article. I won't be buying Serta.

• Av
    Avoid Baer's Furniture Sep 17, 2009

It amazes me when I see advertsing that says how great Baer's customer service is. They are crooks and liars and they could not care less about their customers! They get you in, sell you everything they can with a big smile on their face, but ask them to stand behind their furniture or provide any morsel of customer service and you are on your own. AVOID BAER"S FURNITURE at all cost. I am out over $12, 000 for my bad choice in furniture stores.

poor quality product!

I ordered furniture from Baers in April 2006. When the furniture was delivered it was damaged. When I...

no order after nine months!

Nine months ago I started purchasing furniture from Baer, spent over 20k and this has been a horrendous time and to date they have all my money and I still do not have all my merchandise. DO NOT accept partial delivers from this company.

I have tried to get to speak to store managers to fix my problem over this whole nine months but he will not reply, I dealt with sales reps but once this store gets your money the reps hands are tied and can not help. I dealt with a store assistant manager and she was NO help did not follow through then she denied telling me (since this started she is no longer with the company).

I have been forced by Baers to deal directly with the vendor since I was required to pay them over 2k when they delivered part of the product and wont give it back to me and of course everyone passes the buck they have many reasons why they make appointments and don’t show, don’t call and don’t care that they kept us waiting 3-5 hours missing work. Why and who fault it is that the order went wrong and many promises and broke time lines to get it resolved.

The bottom line is I gave them 48 hours to complete my order after waiting nine months threatened a lawsuit and finally got a owner of this company to respond to my repeated calls to only be pushed by him to accept another promise to deliver date. I refused since they could not do it in nine months or the final 48 hours why should I keep trusting this company. I demanded my money back and for them to take back what I have. He promised to call back with a resolve and now that is five days ago and I still have not heard a word. I am starting legal proceeding against this company for taking monies from a customer and not delivering product in a timely manner.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices