A&w Root Beer / Terrible experience!

I have been an avid A&W drinker since the early 60s.Driving up with the folks, getting those frosted mugs at the drive-in(before people began stealing them etc.) But now you try to pass off this "Rootbeer Float " on us?!! You take the flattest rootbeer and add coffee mate to it and we are supposed to like that? The after taste is like the cheapest non-dairy creamer! $5.99 a 4 pack... whooptee-do! I have never complained about a beverage in my 55 years,but that had to be addressed! Not the same as when I was a kid walking the mile to the stand on Lambert Ave. and Santa Fe Springs Rd. in Whittier, Cal. and paying 45 cents for a quart of delicious root beer served in a megaphone shaped container.

Sorry but this new stuff is not good.

R.Clark
P.O. Box 5188
Crestline, Ca, 92325.

Comments

• Do
      4th of Jul, 2007
    A&w Root Beer - Underfilled cans

I was a fan of A&W root beer, but have recently purchased several 12 packs that contained severely underfilled cans. I have repeatedly filled out their online complaint form, but they do not even acknowledge me.

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2009

I believe (but I could be wrong) those cases are filled by the Coke Company. If you look at the fine print on the case, it should say "Coca Cola" or something along those lines. They would be the ones to complain to.
    Hope that helps a little!

• Bu
      4th of Aug, 2012

A&W in Park Lane, Halifax. Burger not hot. Servers hostile/indifferent to complaint in this regard. No offer to do anything, never mind give a refund. Typical of the generation serving. Absolute zombies.