Avis Car Rental / Fradulent charges after return of vehicle
I was traveling from Iowa on sept 13 2007 to VA and was stranded Richmond International Airport around 11:30 p.m. I had to rent a vehicle at Richmond International Airport in order to drive to another airport to pick up my personal vehicle. I am a military service member and was on my way to report to Ft. Story, VA. I returned the vehicle with a tank full of gas and WITH NO DAMAGES NOR UNCLEAN around 3:00 a.m. on september 14th to their other airport location, and of course, no one was there. So , I dropped off the keys and a copy of my contract along with the mileage I traveled, got in my own car and drove to Ft. Story. I had orders to report at noon on Ft. Story in Virginia Beach, VA that same day. After three weeks, I checked my credit card statement and Avis had charged me 448. 00! They were supposed to have only charged me $200.00 as a refundable deposit and then $48.00 for the actual usage of the vehicle. I called them and they accused me of returning the vehicle in Washington D.C. with no fuel replenished and that's why they refused to credit my card. I called them several times over a period of two weeks to get them to straighten this out and have refused to credit my card and on top of that, they keep putting me on the back burner and telling me that they are investigating my complaint. They also accused me of lending my car to another person and according to their imaginary world they live in, that other "person" drove the car to D.C. I called my credit card company and asked them to help me and Capital One filed a fraudulent charge and is handle ling it. As of this date, september 4, 2007, Avis has NOT called me to apologize for the charges nor to inform me of their investigation.
They have terrible costumer service and I am beyond appalled by this. If you ever need a rental vehicle, Don't use Avis!
More Avis Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental south africa
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - avis car rental etolls - you will be charged regardless if you pay!
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rental van in munich, germany
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rent a car