AutoAnything.com / Awful service

I purchased a set of 4 WeatherTech in-channel window visors for my 2009 GMC Acadia in January 2009. The front set snapped into the window channel without adhesive and work fine. The rear set includes a thin layer of adhesive film on the flange designed to fit into the channel and adhere to the widow weather stripping. Unfortunately, the visor flange is rigid and does not allow the adhesive to remain adhered to the rubber stripping.

A few weeks after installation, I contacted the AutoAnything.com (on-line retailer) to inform them that the rear visor wouldn't adhere well and was causing my window to leak. They contacted the manufacturer who then sent out a replacement set. I installed the new set, only to have both fail a few weeks later. They both fell off of the truck because of the poor design -- the adhesive strip is not enough to hold them in place. (I have installed window visors on no less than six vehicles in the past and have never had a problem. This problem is not due to installation error, but from a poor design.) After the second set failed, I contacted AutoAnything and asked for either a refund or a set of visors made by a different manufacturer since the WeatherTech product was a faulty product. After multiple e-mails and phone calls, Autoanything replied stating that the manufacturer will not replace the product since they replaced it once and then offered to sell me a replacement at a reduced price. I replied that this was unacceptable and that I should not have to purchase a replacement for a product that has failed twice within a couple of months. I asked for a manger to contact me to discuss the issue or that I would file a formal complaint. That was a week ago. AutoAnything has refused to reply.

Bottom line is that I paid a premium price for a product that does not work and the company will not stand behind the product. AutoAnything will not refund or replace the faulty product, which fails within two months . AutoAnything states that their return policy is 30 days. This is not a return for dislike of the product (I actually like the styling.), but a return due to product failure (twice). Autoanything is not an honorable company if they hide behind a 30 day return policy instead of standing behind the products they sell. They are ripping off customers instead of honorably serving them.

Da

Comments

• Tr
      16th of Feb, 2013

I also had a problem with autoanything. THEY WILL NOT BACK THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL!!! I ordered a grill guard for my dodge pickup. Then less then one hour after i ordered it from autoanything i find same grill for less money. So i called Autoanything and told them.I was told they could not beat that price so I told them to cancel the push guard and they said no problem they would credit my card, now remember I called them less than an hour ago and ordered it, the order should have been easy to cancel. I believe the problem was they just did not cancel the order that is plan lazy. Any way two days later a charge of almost 500 dollars was on my card. So I called and long story short they wanted 15% restock fee even though I felt they were told to cancel the order in time. . Anyway I
    have no problem with the restock fee and i mean no problem with the restock fee. Then they told me it would be $280 to ship back and the15% restock fee. All that together it was almost the full price of the guard.So i told them I will just keep it and will never order from them again and they did not care.SO JUST BUY STRIGHT FROM THE MANUFACTURE THEY HANDLE PROBLEMS WITH MORE CONCERN.

7th of Aug, 2014

Try carid.com, they do have purchase protection plan, and offer replacement and warranties.