AT&T Wireless / termination fees dispute

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I had a service with AT&T Wireless for over 1 year. I was on the highest, unlimited plan- using and paying for all that they charged me- unlimited phone calling, unlimited data plan - the works. I was always prompt with my payment which were typically over $150 per month- and sometimes even more.

I was out of the country for a month in January 2009 and downgraded to the least plan since I was using a local phone in that country (international roaming was not feasible at all). when I returned, I found out that my company mandated that we switch providers because they deemed AT&T too expensive and asked us all to switch. I called AT&T and the rep was nice enough to waive off the early termination fee. I also told her that I was on the minimum plan and if there was any overusage on my account, I would be happy to upgrade the plan back to unlimited so that I could not get hit with over-usage. But she told me that I was in the clear and fully paid up till March 6th.

And guess what happened- in the last bill- they hit me for $811- incl early termination fee and $540 for over-usage. I called them up and after much heated debate, they admitted fault and waived off the early term fee. But refused to adjust over-usage despite my impeccable history of payment with them. And the rep was so rude- she hung up on me !!! They clearly do not care to get their customers back- I had no issue with them and would have happily used their services again- but NEVER AGAIN. And because I am no longer their customer, they do not care about putting fair billing practices in action for me...

Pr

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I am experiencing a similar scenario. AT&T is the worst company I have ever dealt with...a nightmare!