ATT Wireless Gateway Rebate / ATT Wireless Gateway Rebate Scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-259-7966

I purchased the Pro DSL service with the wireless Gateway ($79.99). I checked the website shortly after I installed the Gateway in early September and the website said that there was no need to do anything to get the Gateway rebate. After 3 months of not receiving anything, I've checked the website again and found different instructions. I had to go to https://rewardcenter.att.com/Default.aspx#%7B%22__s%22%3A%7B%22Checkbox2%22%3Atrue%7D%7D

and fill in my phone number, which took me to the Gateway Rebate form. I filled in the Gateway serial number and noticed in the reward "more info" section that now it says that the rebate must be postmarked within 90 days of installation of the Gateway. Since it's been over 3 months since I installed the Gateway, I wonder if ATT will mail me my rebate. They are so sneaky. 3 months ago they said that you don't need to do anything to get your rebate. And now they want you to fill out an online form to get the rebate. There are very few people who would go back and check to find out that ATT pulled one over on them. If they deny me, I'll file a complaint. Did anyone actually print out their earlier webpage saying that there was no need to do anything to get the rebate. This would be great to submit as "proof" of their earlier promise. Thanks in advance!

Jo

Comments

Bu
  9th of Jan, 2010

I too purchased their at& internet and I'm glad I can accross this posting, I will be submitting the rebate form now. If it helps try looking at the summary order that was mailed right after you purchased it.

Straight from the bill it says, "...If you purchased AT&T High Speed Internet as part of a promotion, you may qualify for an equipment rebate, a rebate form will be mailed to you separately."

Hope this helps you.

Tj
  7th of Sep, 2010

I just signed up a couple weeks ago when it said "No term commitment" but when I called them they said I had a one year contract. I saved the webpage that said that and actually it's still on the site now!

I tried to sign up for the rebate and it said nothing is found for my account number. I hope they send me something. Scammers!

Al
  11th of Jan, 2011

AT& T has been scamming people like this for years. I always fall for it. Even when they were BellSouth! They would promise rebates if you accept their service and then play mind games with their customers. What a rip off. I hope that they are stopped soon because it is really frustrating to deal with such deception.