AT&T Wireless / lack of service territory

1 United States

Since relocating to Chicago from San Diego in December of 2009, I cannot obtain ANY cell service within a four block radius of my home; thus, the only way I can obtain service is to get in my car and drive 5+ blocks away, park some where and make my calls.

Over the past 2+ months, I have made repeated calls to AT&T's customer service department escalating the calls each time to management personnel. On each occasion I've been told that they will file a complaint and some sort of action will occur; however, my service has not improved. In fact, if anything it has gotten worse.

As a result, I (again) called AT&T today and stated that I needed to have phone service within 24 hours or they needed to let me out of my contract as I shouldn't have to pay for a service that I'm not receiving.

Unfortunately, AT&T said that they "don't guarantee coverage everywhere", thus, they will not let me out of my contact. However, it's not like I moved to a rural farming community. I live one block from Lake Michigan in the heart of Chicago; therefore, if they can't guarantee service within the four block radius of my home within the city borders what options do I now have???

Br