AT&T Uverse / sales practices

147 santa louisa, Irvine, CA, US Review updated:

During a call to AT&T on another matter, I was coerced by sales to intall AT&T Uverse. Upon receipt, I found the claims as to ease of installation and usability was grossly exaggerated. Research revealed that to obtain the level of service promised, I would need to upgrade at several times the monthly cost. I called to cancel and immediately returned the equipment in the packaging provided by AT&T. Months later, I was billed $170! I did not use the equipment, did not use AT&T's service whatsoever. When I called AT&T to complain, I was transferred three times; required to repeat myself each time although I pleaded that I was at work and therefore causing stress. AT&T staff, and all of them, had that "tone" -- they were doing ME a favor. I had to call the president's office and provide additional information the following day. Again encountering the same insolent tone. Warning. This appears to be a maneuver to lure its customers. It is extremely cumbersome to CANCEL this service. Even though I had not used it, AT&T required much effort on my part to resolve the matter. AT&T has serious inter-department communications problems and hires staff that is rough in manner; lacking in resolution skills. I direct this to the president of AT&T; stop this nonsense. I've been your customer for years. I'm out of contract presently, although still a customer for my IPhone.

Ch

Comments

• Ms
      Nov 02, 2012

I to have expereinced a problem with AT&T U-Verse, I tried to move my already existing service from one state to another because AT&T is a nationwide company and it states on the billing statement that you can move your service. Well that is far from true. They gave me some run around excuse about the existing service and why it could not be moved. On top of it all they stood to profit one way or the other to my loss, either I pay the early out fees to get out of the contract that was for 12 months even though all I wanted was to transfer service and to have their service I would have to start all over lengthening the time with them so they gain to my financial loss. You pay because you want to keep your credit right and you still loose when you can't even receive service that you pay for, yes they rip off people. But this stops here I will not patronage them for any of their services and I will not give positive feedback to anyone I can share this experience with. We should form a class action lawsuit against them that is what I think. I don't know why they are not regulated and some official governmental or judicial body does something about these kind of companys, I think it has to come about through consumers/citizens to let these large corporations know that we don't like how they operate with their tactics.