Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved scam

Small business owners beware of bellsouth at&t small business and their 'special' deals!

Stay as far away from them as you can, they will sign you into contracts that you did not want and then rip every penny they can directly out of your bank account without your approval and without informing you.

Here is my experience with this company, you judge for yourself...

In 2006 I was convinced by a bellsouth sales person to go onto a small business plan that would save me $100s of a month and nothing would change.

Months later when I wanted to move I find out that I was signed into a 3 year contract at a rate that was far more than competitors.

So I continued to pay them the exorbitant fees for the remainder of the 3 years, never once late on a payment.

During this time I am continually harassed on a daily basis by at&t bellsouth sales people, trying to sell me 'even better' deals... I told them to stop calling.

I was on the do-not-call list and notified att on at least 10 occasions that they were violating this and not to call me. I also filed complaints with the do-not-call list but nothing was done.

I have pages of dates and times of these harassing call but apparently the fcc was not concerned with att because they are the phone company and I was doing business with them, so they could continue to harass me, even when I asked them not to.

Anyway, after the 3 years were up, I waited a few extra months to make sure there was no question and then moved to comcast phones (For less than 1/3 of the bellsouth rate and for better service)

A month after canceling and moving to comcast, I get a letter from at&t / bellsouth telling me that my old 2005 contact auto renews!

I am now in a brand new 3 year contract, that I did not want or ask for in the beginning and have to pay them huge early termination fees. (2 1/2 years of the the contract)

I file a new complaint with att & bellsouth and with the fcc and better business bureau. I received a letter back from the fcc stating that at&t/bellsouth had resolved this with me (They had not). Then I got a call from at&t bellsouth telling me that their resolution is for me to pay them all the money! No compromise... Nothing.

I tell them in writing that it is still dispute and I am not paying them.

I file a new complaint with att, fcc and bbb and have not heard back.

However, in the mean time att decided that since I once had a direct debit from my back account for payments (Something I had cancelled long before), that they were going to simply take the money without my consent or approval. This is what they did. They simply took this money without my consent (And I assume illegally) from my bank account with no regard for my current complaints and disputes... They will not refund it.

At&t / bellsouth are completely unethical and in my opinion are no better than crooks, liars and thieves and if you own a small business then I would recommend that you stay as far away from them as you can.

Do not do business with this company ever!

Ps. I am in the processing of canceling my at&t wireless account with 4 smart phones, over this. I hope it was really worth it to them.

• Li
    lisa stroud Jan 18, 2008

I am currently in the process of moving and called bell south to set up services. They a running a special to receive 3 services for 99 .00 per month. Phone service, DSL, and direct TV. There was to be a 50.00 deposit total, because of credit issues. Upon calling the company to change the installation dates, I was informed that they would need a credit card # , to pay for my DSL services. I was told that they would have to debit my account monthly, just for dsl services. Not only did the customer service rep not discuss this with me, I was told that an order was never placed for installation for dsl services. I was given a installation date of February 1,2008 between 8-11 am. I was told that I would receive the 6.0 modem at 100.00 and it would be divided equally in my monthly payments. I was even given a e-mail address.If the calls are recorded then everything that was said should verify the information I was told. I was offered a reward of 250.00 for transferring my service from my previous carrier. Now I am being told that I can't receive that because I didn't complete the order. I was told to call 3 weeks from installation to get my reward. I was given a phone number and e-mail address to do this. This is outrageous, I feel that my order should be processed the way it was agreed upon by me. The customer service rep made an error according to the team leader and all I can get is an apology? If the company had more stipulations on the package deal they should have been told to me in advance.I would have been missing 3-4 hours from work waiting for installation that was never going to happen.I don't have a credit card.I would love services from your company, but only for the package that I agreed to.When I asked to speak with a supervisor I got a team leader. Not only will you lose my service, but you will lose the service of many others once I tell them how dishonest your company is.

Lisa G. Stroud.

• Ta
    tadege Mar 02, 2012

Called for a repair, never showed up billed me $85 on my bill for repairs never done. Called again and was told the modem they sent me was no good and would replace for free, billed me over $120 for a modem you can buy at ebay for $13.
    Complined about the bills and never ever even got an answer. Theifs selling scams and trash service, do not so business with this garbage.

unable to get refund after paying termination fee

In jan 2009 I prepaid $500 to my att cell phone account as I was traveling abroad.
In april, I decided to remain abroad for an extended period, which would extend past the contract period for my att phone.

I called and terminated the account in april 2009. Att debited $115 from my credit balance of $477 at the time. They continued to send monthly statements to my u. S. Address showing a $275 credit balance.

In mar 2010 I returned to the u. S. For a visit. I called att to get the credit refunded.

I was told by a very sweet customer person that att will require proof that I actually have a credit balance, as her computer records do not have access to such an old transaction.

I am now in the process of faxing (Email not acceptable) a copy of my personal bank statement that shows the electronic payment of $500 from jan 2009.

Att will review the case in a hearing on mar 17 2010 to see if they want to refund my $275.

I am leaving to return to my home abroad on mar 16.

I am so angry I can barely type!

Resolved billing errors, poor customer service

The following is a letter to the chairman of ATT, that could not be delivered to the address ATT listed in...

Resolved no call back discusted with their poor service

AT&T U Verse is the worst company I have ever been associated with bar none!!! I have had problems with my TV DVR recording spoke to a tech that couldn't help me at all, this is tech support? called today spoke to a Tier 2 tech by the name of Ashley ID# AF0225 which she was suppose to call me back at 2:00 central time it is now 3:46pm and no call. In over a year I have had over 31 techs at my home if it wasn't the TV it was the phone, in fact the phone static was so bad they had to pull me off Uverse and connect me to a straight line with AT&T. They charge outrageous rates for their poor selection of channels, I wish I had never heard of them. Consumer be aware and stay away from them, I wish I had, that also goes for their cell phone service also that too leaves alot to be desired

Resolved false account in collections

I just recenntly check my credit report because I was denided for a aa/citibank credit card. I found a false claim that I owe $274 on an account I opened with at&t in sept. 2006. I have been living in guatemala since january 2006, and have no use for at&t in central america. I have been trying to repair my credit since about 2000. Now I have no clue what I can do to get this bogus claim off my credit history. Any advice? I have hundreds or thousands of photos, and even better my passport!

Resolved I am not satisfied with the service I am getting from att

I am not satisfied with the service I am getting from att. I continue to have connectivity issues. Repair techs seem to visit my house 3 times a year for the same issue. I was told by techs that the box on the pole needs to be replaced because it rusted out.

But nothing has occurred and with every rainstorm, my signal is lost. Techs come out and replace the "pair" in my outside box with no results. Now I have other people's voices and static in my phone, even though I have a dedicated dsl jack.

I am tired of calling att because it takes days for them to come out and the same problem re occurs. I need to talk to someone in authority to have the box on the pole replaced. I would have switched long ago, but it would cause a big inconvenience with my business.

Resolved poor reception and too many viruses

I ordered AT&T Uverse last year. I had the TV and Internet service. The caption below the picture was so small you need a magnifying glass to see and there were several interruptions. On the Internet I had a lot of viruses invade my computer which I never had with their competitor. I am now being harassed about paying a balance and I tell the rep about the viruses and she said this is not a reason to dispute my bill. Uverse SUCKS! I'm very happy with my current provider and don't have any problems whatsoever. Any suggestions, anyone?

Resolved lack of service territory

Since relocating to Chicago from San Diego in December of 2009, I cannot obtain ANY cell service within a four block radius of my home; thus, the only way I can obtain service is to get in my car and drive 5+ blocks away, park some where and make my calls.

Over the past 2+ months, I have made repeated calls to AT&T's customer service department escalating the calls each time to management personnel. On each occasion I've been told that they will file a complaint and some sort of action will occur; however, my service has not improved. In fact, if anything it has gotten worse.

As a result, I (again) called AT&T today and stated that I needed to have phone service within 24 hours or they needed to let me out of my contract as I shouldn't have to pay for a service that I'm not receiving.

Unfortunately, AT&T said that they "don't guarantee coverage everywhere", thus, they will not let me out of my contact. However, it's not like I moved to a rural farming community. I live one block from Lake Michigan in the heart of Chicago; therefore, if they can't guarantee service within the four block radius of my home within the city borders what options do I now have???

Resolved u-verse billing complaint

I haven't had problems with AT&T until recently. I got the U-Verse service about 6 months ago and everything has gone great. Well, the economy took a rough toll on me recently and my bill got behind. I had a check bounce and was told that I had to pay a restoral amount of $356.30. We tried paying it with our other checking account but when the service was not restored, we called several times (getting cut off by the automatic system and transferred to wrong depts that eventually hung up on us) until we finally got through to someone telling us that the check was processing and if service wasn't back on in a few hours, then we were to call again. So we did. This time we were told that because the last check bounced, they were not able to accept another check. Ok, that was fine. Four customer service reps assured us that the check had been cancelled after we made a payment by credit card. Well, I checked my bank account today and sure enough, the check cleared. Now all the other checks written will bounce. Of course they are closed for the night and it took me over 30 minutes to find a way to contact an actual person who made a case on the account for me. I will see monday if they are going to credit my account and if it bounces, I am asking they pay the return check fee!

• La
    LANlineDistress Mar 16, 2010

I'm tired of AT&Ts billing practices. My phone bill for the billing period of Jan 7 - feb 7 was due on March 1, 2010. The payment was delayed and the phone was disconnected on March 15, 2010, 15 days after the billing date.. 15 days, without any notice. I have very ill parents at home who were left without a telephone connection, without any notice. I had to pay $30 for activation because I couldn't go without activating my line. AT&T is taking full advantage of people's misfortune. This company should be dissolved.

Resolved advertising scam

ATandT Advertising solutions misled us top bnelieve they were doing an internet advertising for us and 40...

Resolved poor customer service

I had heard about AT&T’s U-verse service and kept watching and checking to see when it would be available in my neighborhood. I wanted it for a couple of reasons. I have become addicted to only watching recorded tv shows. U-verse advertised that you could record up to 4 channels at one time. It also offered internet speeds at 4-5 times faster than my current AT&T dsl. I work from home, have a home office and thought the faster download speed would be nice when working on large files from co-workers. I also pay for and attend online classes and the faster speeds would help when reviewing video lectures.

There was an ATT truck outside my house one day and I asked what he was doing. The phone service box for the surrounding homes is in my front yard. He said he was installing U-Verse for my neighbor across the street. I went across the street a couple days later and asked Jim about it and he indicated he really liked it. I thought what the heck, I called ATT and ordered the largest bundle they had. It would give me every channel offered plus super high download speeds and digital phone service all in one package. I was told by the ATT rep that everything was good and set an appointment.

My install was on February 17th, 2010 between 1:00 and 3:00. The technician showed up at 1:30. I was already planning on what shows to record and was wondering how nice the extra speedy internet service would be. But that is when the nightmare began.

The tech looked around the house then left. Within 15 minutes I had no internet service and no phone service. The tech didn’t come back until 5:30. He told me he could not get U-Verse to work at my house. I asked why not, indicating my neighbor has it and the ATT box is right there in my front yard. He didn’t offer any explanation. After he left I noticed I didn’t have internet or phone service. I used my cell phone and called ATT. I got somebody in India or somewhere, who wanted to follow some script of how to repair the internet. I explained that a tech was just at the house and he did something to disconnect the service and this had nothing to do with my computer or modem. She insisted my service was still connected and the problem was either my modem or my computer.

After a couple of hours of explaining details, being transferred and being placed on hold, I finally gave up and thought I would resolve it the next day. Thursday morning I started calling first thing. I needed my internet for work and school. Once again I was bounced around all over the world. Finally I spoke to someone that told me, ATT shut off my dsl to convert it to U-Verse but they had to follow Federal guidelines in switching it back. She said one screen was showing the disconnection, while another screen was still showing a connection. She said she would fill out a form herself and walk it into a manager for approval so she could expedite the reinstallation of my system. She said someone would call me back.

No one called so Friday I called again. The same thing happened I spoke to several people before finally talking to someone who said he understood my situation and that I would receive a call on Saturday with a solution. Nobody called. By this time my phone was being listed as disconnected.

Saturday I spent several hours driving around town looking for a hot spot for my laptop. I use my desktop for work and school because my laptop doesn’t have enough memory to run my programs. But at least if I found a hot spot I could check email. Starbucks has ATT internet but it costs like $4 for 2 hours to use it. I finally found a business who offered a connection without a password.

On Monday, I called ATT once again. I spoke to a rep who said the installation was scheduled for Wednesday. Great, I finally I can get back to my normal activity.

I started working at our corporate office, but it’s 75 miles from my house. Sometimes the commute takes 2 hours each leg because of traffic. But since I couldn’t work at home, that is my only option. Wednesday I came home expecting to have the internet turned on. It was not so I called ATT and was told the technician would be there before 8pm. Sure enough he showed up at 7:30, then left. He returned at about 8:30 and stayed in his truck outside and called me on my home phone. It worked. Assuming I had internet also I hung up, he left and I went to check my modem. No internet.

I called ATT right away hoping to get him back and was told there was nothing they could do until the order department opened the next day. I called on Thursday. Again, I spent more than an hour on the phone. This time I finally spoke to someone who said she would do whatever she could to help. This morning (Friday February 26th) I called again. I was told by a customer service rep that they could see all the notes and attempts to expedite the reinstallation but said she could do nothing. She did say there is now a schedule for installing dsl on March 2nd. At least now I finally have a date and time.

Everyone asked why I don’t just switch providers. I would but everyone has my email address and I don’t want to change it right now.

I have spent more than 8 hours on the phone with ATT trying to get my service back on. I have spent hours driving to locations to get internet service. I have spent extra money and time commuting to an office when usually I can work at home. I have missed my online classes that I pay monthly to attend. I have fee based services I use for both professional and personal use that still charge my credit card, even if I don’t have the internet.

I am amazed on the lack of concern and commitment to re establish my service. I never once raised my voice on the phone but had customer service people who would here my story and tell me I was being transferred to a higher level department. Then I would end up being transferred to India or somewhere. I firmly believe most of the reps I have spoken with really could care less about my need to have internet access. I think some just transferred me because they didn’t want to deal with my problem.

I asked several if they could take ownership of my problem and follow up for me. I was told repeatedly they were not allowed to do that. I asked how I could reach someone consistently so I didn’t have to explain my issues over and over. Reps don’t have extensions.

All I wanted to do was upgrade my service. I didn’t expect to get a lesson in how to provide poor customer service. ATT disconnected my service in 5 minutes and if I get service back next week, it will have taken 2 weeks. It took me 10 days just to get an installation date.

I have had my phone number and internet service for at least 15 years. I have never called them ever to complain or ask for help. Yet I am convinced they have indentified me someone in there computers as not being a valued customers. I can not think of any other explanation why no one at ATT acted concerned or wanted to help. Since they don’t care I plan to open an email at Google. Once everyone has it, I’ll be leaving ATT. They won’t care that I’m gone.

• Ta
    Tammie D Sep 30, 2008

Good luck trying to communicate with the phone company. Over a year ago, a young man came door to door selling Uverse, the new ATT answer to cable. We signed up only to be contacted by ATT a week later to say that Uverse was not available in our neighborhood. Poor salesman. Our neighbor now has Uverse. We called ATT and were told that it was still not available. We explained that not only does our neighbor have it but the connection is in our backyard. Bottom line - there are only so many ports and our backyard connection is full so too bad. The Uverse customer rep named Renee was very rude and when asked when we could receive this service, I was told that it would be up to the engineers if they would ever add more ports. We have DSL and two phone lines with ATT and this is how we're treated. I have tried to email ATT to try and resolve this issue but it seems that email is not their mode of communication but the man on their answering system will not allow you to talk to a person until you've gone through about 50 prompts. FRUSTRATING is all I can say.

• Ro
    Rosemary Crawford Oct 20, 2008

I also had a nightmare experience with [email protected] on October 17/08.
    I received a voice recorded message at 11:29 a.m. that "Your DSL internet service would be turned on October 21/08." I was then told what my new telephone number would be.This was a Little Rock, Ar.number, I live in Mississippi and have had internet for about a year and a half.The recorded message then gave a number 1-877-722-3755 to call if I had any questions, which of course I certainly did.Was I dealing with identy theft here? I had just been in Little Rock a few days before and had given a couple of checks at two different stores.I tried twice to call this number and no answer.I called residental business office twice, no answer. Called the number for businesses to use, they connected me to residental business office.The next three and a half hours was a total nightmare.I was continuesly connected to someone else. Put on hold til I had to hang up. I did not get a call back.I had to keep calling back.Put on hold, had to listen to music, listen to advertisements, asking for new employees, which I hope they get.I ask if I could get connected to an [email protected] business office in Little Rock to see if I could find out what this was about.I was given this number to call 1-800-616-1171.I called this number which wasn't in Little Rock and got a real rude jerk who said "this is Mr. Frost".He was such a smart-A I told him to kiss mine and hung up.By this time I have talked to about six people.One lady even connected me to Tecnical Services. She couldn't understand why I was connected to her.She connected me to somebody body else.By the ninth person I am right on the edge of losing it good.A VERY nice lady named Miss Tonya Coleman had the intelligence to know what to do. She got a third party on the line by the name of LACY--oh! she gave birth to rudeness.She found the answer to the problem but pushed me to my limites to call her a B--.Ms Coleman told her I had been on the phone three and half hours trying to get help.That didn't phase Miss Yankee Rude. She pushed my last button to the point I again cursed her and she hung up. I was crying by then.Mrs Coleman was very kind and I thanked her so much. I have some major health problems. I have had some small strokes, Take heart medicine and have a life threatning illness. I am not suppose to b e under bad stress.I don't imagine one thing will be done about this and I will look into making a change.You can ask for a" higher up" and you don't get it.My experience shouldn't have happened to any body.

• Gr
    Grzegorz Telega Jan 05, 2011

Similar experience.

• We
    WesleyBerry Sep 14, 2011

They have terrible customer service! They transferred me like 10 times!

• Do
    Dominique Miller Oct 07, 2015

I've had AT&T U-Verse internet service for eight months now and nearly every month, they've "forgotten" my credit card number and needed another one or told me hat my higher limit credit cards that work just fine and dandy everywhere else and are paid off regularly are being "declined." Odd since they seem to work just fine for everything else. In the past, I've even provided them with my bank account number. When I end up having to call to complain on pretty much a monthly basis, I'm treated rudely and impertinently. There must be a note about me not taking any guff from their sales team or something and that must be something they look upon in a negative light and don't like to have to deal with. When my service was actually shut off today even with all of this varied payment information that they have of mine on file, I called in. I'm horribly ill with the flu and a bad cough and I was actually hung up on thrice because I "wouldn't speak up!" That is inexcusable. I excused myself and apologized for having to call in while hacking and coughing and not having much voice left, but there's no reason that they would possibly be unable to understand what's being said. For some reason two of the reps I spoke with today could hear me just fine and said I'm so sorry you've been made to call in and have to deal with this while you're not feeling well. I said thanks u for that. The last manager I spoke with today before I simply canceled my service and picked up with xfinity was horrified to hear that I was disconnected for being sick. I'd love to have been able to call when I'm feeling well or better yet be billed properly and ethically and not have to worry about calling in at all, but I own a business and I need my internet. To have no internet is not something that's acceptable to me and it's not any of my doing certainly. As I mentioned, it's AT&T's lackadaisical billing practices that necessitated my calling in the first place. I had no choice in the matter. To add insult to injury (or injury to insult as the case may be), I was told that because my account had been suspended, they couldn't run any of the cards they had on file and that they needed another bank account number. I stopped in my tracks and simply said are you kidding me? Look how poorly you've handled all of the other billing information you have at your disposal. I've been double billed, had added extra charges tacked on that I've had to call monthly and have reversed and you've literally lost my billing information more than once. There is no way in heck that I'm providing you with my bank account information again. Absolutely not. I said credit card billing is one thing. I can always have the charges canceled with my company if I find AT&T engaging in fraudulent billing practices while in possession of my credit card. If they bill my bank account improperly, I'll have to come in and sign a sworn affidavit saying that AT&T does not have legal permission to bill my account and then that information will be sent to my bank's corporate headquarters for review, at which point I may or may not get my money back, so heck no. I will not provide a disreputable company with my bank account number. That will. Not. Happen. AT&T could've kept a customer tonight. Instead, they've lost a customer-a writer no less with a big social media following and they've gained a dissatisfied former customer who will tell anyone and everyone who will listen that their billing practices are unethical. That's too bad for them. I am severely disappointed in my experience with AT&T.

Resolved charge everyone all you can in interest

I got AT&T Universal card when it first came out and I worked for AT&T. They did a great job for years and then in 2008 they started sneeking my interest up. So when I check recently and saw 21% interest I called them. First I was connected to so lady who spoke broken English. I ask her what country she was in and she said Philipines. I ask to be connect to someone in the United States. (More jobs we do not have) The lady answered the phone and I ask her for my current APR. She said
21% and I said that was too high and she the explained I agreed to it because a notice was sent out and if you did not respond you got 21% interest. She went on about the current economic climate causing all of this. The I told her Bank of America's APR to me after only 10+ years as a customer is 8.99% and my credit union APR is less than that and these organizations "value" my business. I told her AT&T Universal Card was a joke and a bad one at that. They just want the maximum money they can collect from everyone.

Resolved billing

I received my phone bill yesterday and to my surprise was a charge from Telelink. I have never heard of them, so I have been trying to call for 3 hours now and a recording comes that they are too busy to take any calls. Apparently I have found out this was a prison call which i did hear on my voice mail a week later (Vacation) They billed me $5.65 and no one was here to receive it nor do i know anyone in prison/jail. I do not want this happening again. For a collect call, your suppose to press a number to accept the call. My voice mail was the only one home and I get charged????
I do not know how to enclose a copy of the bill. I can mail. To what address?

Tami Anderson
[protected]
phone Co. AT&T

Resolved terrible customer service

My phone had an internal screen crack, due to faulty manufacturing. I went to the store twice and had to call 3 times in ONE day in order to get service. The employees contradicted each other and it took me 5 tries to get a replacement phone. They also accused me of dropping my phone, causing the damage (total lie). The store said you will get your phone w/in 5 business days.
Well, I didn't get it w'in 5 business days so I called the company, only to find more incompetent fools. I even spoke to a supervisor, who was unfriendly, unhelpful and overall unfit to be a customer service representative. He even hung up on me. How unprofessional is that?

If you are looking for a phone company, DO NOT USE AT&T. Boycott their service. As soon as my contract expires, I'm heading over to Verizon. I'm tired of dealing with useless, ###ic people.

If you need help with your phone, customer service will not help you but will instead argue with you. Who has time for that?

• Ph
    phonegirl Feb 28, 2010

First of all, I guarentee that supervisor did not hang up on you. Yes, I am calling you a liar. It is completely against policy, the supervisor would flagged, then fired.
    Second, AT&T did NOT have to replace your phone at all, unless you had insurance on it and wanted to pay the insurance deductable. This is because the only phones AT&T (or any manufacturer, trust me, I am a VZW customer) has to replace is those that they deem to be faulty due to a manufacturer defect. The only way that could be true with you is if it came that way, in which case, you would have been smartest to return the phone right then and cancel within your 30 day Buyer's Remorse which would have left you with no fees.
    However, AT&T went out of their way to get you a replacement phone so that you could continue using your service. It may take longer than your impatient person wanted, but at least they were willing to get you one without having to pay extra or making you continue to use the broken one.

• I0
    i'm me Mar 29, 2010

u r right at&t didn't have to replace the phone seeing as there was an internal crack they could have easily told you to call the insurance company (which i work for processing verizon claims ironicly) but at any rate...i know how frustrating it is go thru all of that seeing as sometimes the verizon reps contradict what the insurance really does and seeing how my carrier is sprint (which is probably worse than at&t and verizon...sigh...i miss tmobile) but hey at least u got it replaced for free. if you would have had to call the insurance company depending on the type of phone you have you would have to pay that deductible (but u would have gotten your phone the next day...) next time though they may tell you to call the insurance company

Sam L Apr 27, 2010

AT&T used to be the icon of America's Industry--providing quality service to customers until it was bought by SBC! The service has gone downhill with incompetent management who seems to show little regard for customer service. It seems as if ATT management has been devoting more and more time to find creative ways to charge customers for services they are entitled to. If the new ATT has a new logo, it must be "We try our best to milk our customers with care."

Resolved failure to release phone number for porting

Please complain about AT&T to the FCC online: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

AT&T is holding my 77-year-old mother's phone number hostage in retaliation for her canceling U-verse.

She was enticed last fall by a rebate offer from AT&T. She switched her cable, internet and phone service to U-verse. The remote was extremely user-unfriendly and three of us, with six college degrees among us, couldn't figure out how to get everything to work. Finally she said she wanted to switch back to the local cable company.

I wanted to make sure she would get to keep her phone number, so I checked online and learned that we needed to call the new company *first.* So that's what we did. The new company said they would send AT&T a "port order" to move the phone number, but that we would have to cancel the internet and cable TV service.

AT&T canceled the entire U-verse package before the phone number could be ported. I have called AT&T more than a half-dozen times, I have spent HOURS on the phone being transferred to as many as seven different people. I had two requests: Either (1) let us PAY one month's service just to turn the phone back on so that the number can be ported to the new company, or (2) place a recording on the number saying that it has been changed and giving the new phone number. During all my calls to AT&T, supposedly I had reached about a third tier of manager, who did call me back a couple of times to tell me that she was still working on the problem. But her last phone call was Friday, Feb. 19, and I have given up hope. I have filed a complaint online with the FCC, and I encourage you to do the same:

Also, see the post by the other person, who listed this complaint address for AT&T:

AT&T Recourse Department
308 S. Ackard, Ste 3700
Dallas, TX 75202

I will be sending a letter to this address, with a cc to my state's Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit.

fradulent practices

My sister referred me for att uverse. They advertised that not only would the person who made the referral but also the person who subscribed to the service would receive visa gift cards. I also referred another sister. After att has set up all of this service. We were denied our referral rewards due to "untimely submitting the referrals which is totally untrue. Additionally, for subscribing to the service I was to receive (2) $100 visa cards. I have received one of the cards but I have been waiting since 11/-09 for the other. I have had the service since 10/09. I have spoken with customer service and I am always given another lie. The first lie was that it would be in my mailbox on 12/24/09. The most recent lie is that my card was printed off on 10/28/10. Today is 02/22/10 and it still has not reached my mail box. I now know that I will never receive my rewards and I feel that someone should stop att with these fraudulent practices.

Resolved customer service lies and offers no resolve!

They lie! Over and over again for 160 days I have waited and listened to them lie about my $50 rewards card is "stuck in the system and they will let a supervisor know and they will handle it!" that is a blatant lie! No help, no one there cares or intends to do anything at all about my complaint and it is a false advertisement to get you to take their service and then you are in a contract. Something should be done because they are lying to people.

• Di
    Dierdre Jul 08, 2010

They lied to us as well.Jan.We ordered a high speed internet service for my daughter, she could not get out on this device we have been trying to cancell they said we are in a contract we wil have to pay $150.00 to cancell something she can't use.And she was to get a reward back for bundling for $150.00 still no reward whats up with this?I am gointg to make a compalaint with the better bussiness bureu and other since this can't get resolved through them.They are all about the dollar.But can't help us.

• Ms
    msonherown Oct 20, 2010

They are [censor]. When I purchased a new home in JUNE they told me I would get $100 rebate for ordering their substandard DSL service and a land line. It's now OCTOBER 20th and my "estimated reward mail date" on their website went from 9/26 to blank. I'll call them tomorrow but from the looks of the comments on this site, I won't get far. I will also report to the BBB.

Resolved bad customer service

I would just like to start by saying that I have been a loyal customer since before my wireless company was bought by AT&T...so I have had the same plan for 8 years now. I also understand that AT&T has cornered the market with the iPhone, and they don't need to have good customer service. If I want that phone, I have no choice but to deal. I can even say that I understand the "store manager" of wireless stores can only do so much. That being said, they do not have to speak to people like we do not have a brain. I had a store manager "dumb things down for me so that I could understand". REALLY! He also told me that my plan isn't worth their time because it's the old school Unplan. I guess loyalty to a company and the fact that I pay my bill on time month after month, have no value. I bet there are a lot of people out there that are signed up with all sorts of monthly charges but don't actually pay them. Apparently, they will be able to upgrade, because they pay more then my measly $70 month.. Just a note to anyone in customer service, don't make the consumer feel like they are inferior

Resolved credit card

I've been a established customer for at least a year and half... I even have automatic bill pay on my account. I cancelled my internet b/c my computer had a virus. I called today 02/17/10 to readd it they said they need a credit card on file not a debit but a credit card. Per matt the rep their not going to use it but, they need it to complete my order. I told him I didn't have one he sugguested that I ask someone I know??? Wtf y would I do that... I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that and if ur not going to use y in the hell do u need it. Let me us ur credit card then. Matt transfered me to another person who said the exact same thing... If this is ur policy why transfer me to someone who is going to say the same thing... Wasting my dam time!!! I will be looking for a new carrier!!

annamarie89 Dec 08, 2010

I totally agree with this complaint!!! Most words that come out of the reps mouth is [censor]...How are they so quick to swipe your card but when you need your refund than they take months to give it back. I swear it took like ten minutes for them to take the money out but now its taking weeks which are turning into months.

• Li
    Lisa Davies Jan 28, 2015

‎Wednesday, ‎January ‎28, ‎2015
    At&t U-verse billing complaint,

I am very disappointed in you. I have cancelled out my services because you overcharged me for your mistakes, but would not admit to it. When I first received your services a few years ago, I got the due date changed from the 1st of every month to the 8th, so I would have time to pay my bill, since I do not receive my check until the 3rd of every month. Everything was fine for a couple of years. My bill was not due until the 7th or 8th, and it was always the same amount of $46.00. Let me repeat that, the only changes I made were several years ago, not now, and my due date and amount have been the same for several years now. I have been paying $46.00 every month, due around the 8th, for around two years, until recently you made changes to my bill, not me.

Now all of a sudden, you mess up and change my due date back to the 1st, and then charge me extra for asking you to put it back. Then you say I am paying the different amount, not acknowledging that it is more, because I had the due date changed. I did not have the due date changed, you did! I am simply asking to put it back.

Why am I getting charged extra for your mistake, when they did not even change it like they were suppose to until this next month? I asked for about three months in a row for them to change it, and every time I asked, they said it would take effect the following month, but never did. Now you are screwing up worse by charging me more for your mistake of changing my due date, when I never told you to. I just asked for you to put it back.

If I pay $46.00 every month, which I tried to explain in chat online, but they would not acknowledge I was right, and I know I am. $46.00 every month added up for a year equals $552.00. Correct? You take 46 times 12. $46.00 added up over a three month period equals $138.00. Correct? You take 46 times 3. $46.00 for a two month period adds up to $92.00. You take 46 times 2. See where I'm going here? The chatline person could not seem to understand it at all, but kept saying I was wrong. Hmm? Really? Sounds like pretty simple math to me.

How can At&t claim they are not overcharging me for their mistake of changing my due date, when over a two month period that should only add up to $92.00? How can they say that adds up to $99.67? I don't care how you figure it out on your time schedule, that is more than what I normally would have to pay in a two month time period. You are wrong for doing that to me! You refuse to acknowledge it, or fix it, but only want to argue with me about it. I have been nice and patient, but now I'm fed up. I should not have to be writing this letter to you. How can they claim it's because I changed my due date, when I did not? I only asked for them to fix what they changed, and put it back. Now they are charging me more to fix their mistake, and won't make good for it, when I call their attention to it. A good company would reimburse me for their mistake. You obviously are not, so I am dropping you. It is not the amount, but the fact that you have lied to me on the phone, didn't know what was going on, and now will not make good for your mistakes or acknowledge it. I cannot trust you. You are unreliable.

Normally, if you were billing me like you have the past couple of years, January would be a charge of $46.00 and then February would be a charge of $46.00 which equals $92.00, but they are claiming I owe $99.67, over a two month period, which is $7.67 more. Then they claim that they are not charging me more, and that I don't know what I'm talking about. Last I knew about math, $99.67 over two months, is more than $92.00 over two months. Call me crazy if I differ from their twisted thinking, for overcharging me for changing my due date that they never should have touched, and now blaming me for changing it, and will not acknowledge that I am paying more for their mistake, and will not make good for it. That is why I terminated my services with you, and will no longer use you as a provider, because you were unwilling to admit your mistake and make good for it. I am writing like this because the chat person seemed to have so much trouble understanding this, that I am making sure it is perfectly clear.

You changed my due date without my permission, charging me an extra $7.67 over a two month period. Then you refused to take off those charges for your mistake, when you should have, and blamed me for making changes to my bill. I did not. You did! I simply asked you to put it back to the correct due date, and then you screwed up everything by charging me $44.47 on January's bill. When I called you, they didn't know why. I asked if I would be charged more later for the difference, and they said no. They lied, because I ended up getting charged more than what just the difference should have been. The difference should have only been $1.53, not $9.20. ($46.00 - $44.47 is $1.53, not $9.20.) They not only charged me for the difference, but added more to it. Then on February bill #1, it says I owe only $9.20. When I called and asked why I was only being charged $9.20 for February, they could not clearly explain why. They acted just as confused by it. Instead, they led me to believe that's all I owed for February. They did not say that later I would get a second bill for February (Feb. bill #2), adding the $9.20 to the $46.00 on top of it, equaling $55.20. On Feb. bill #2, it says the $9.20 is late, even though Feb. bill #1 charging the extra amount of $9.20, shows it is not due until Feb. 1st. It is not late if it is due on Feb 1st. Last I looked, it was January the 27th at that time, so how could they say this extra fee that I should not even be billed for, is late, when it is not due until February 1st? Wow.

January's bill of $44.47 plus February's bill of ($9.20+$46.00=55.20) = $99.67. I usually only pay $92.00 in a two month period, not $99.67, which is $7.67 more. I don't care how you figured it out. You figured wrong for what you did to me, when I made no changes. You made all the changes, and then tried to charge me more later for all of your mistakes, and would not make good for them, but blamed me for what you did. I will not deal with a company as ignorant as that, when your chatline people just try to talk in circles, and when I call you directly, no one knows why this all happened, and can not make good for it. I am done talking and trying to work this out with you. That is why I am dropping your company. I cannot count on you. Your word is not good, and you do not acknowledge your mistakes, but try to make me pay the penalty for them. I will look for someone else to deal with, and tell all of my friends about you, and advise against using your services.

Resolved erroneously charged

I was charged for opperator assist and a 290 minute phone call that I did not make. I have never used AT&T for anything. I have Verizon for my unlimited local and long distance phone calls however At&t is claiming I am using them for my long distance calls which is incorrect. I was informed by Clyde employee number W6SG0215 that he is the head of AT&T leagacy and the CEO and president. I was also informed the AT& T does not make mistake either human or computer by the above CEO. I was informed it is 100% impossible for there to be a computer server or processor problem that would cause any error at anytime and At&t prides itself on being as perfect as "GOD". I was also informed that I would pay the charges or suffer the consequences of collections and increased charges as much as one hundred thousand dollars. This is a follow up complaint to the one made this morning with the BBB since I have now received more information. I was also informed by another employee Nick Angelo that he did not like American's Especially women and would never remove the erroneous charges. I informed him the only other option I had was to go to the Public Utility Commission as well as filing legal proceedings in a small claims court as opposed to superior court to prevent AT&T big corporate attorney's from entering the proceedings which would then give me the small little helpless consumer the opportunity to seek a five thousand dollar judgement based on erroneous charges as well as punitive damages up to five thousand dollars. I was also informed that the courts look at the small little consumer having to come up against this big huge intimidating corporation and will always award the little man the judgement.